• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Try out Guild Perks on Beta!

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Though if these benefits are as mickey mouse as they seem from the announcement, perhaps the pressure won't be so bad and such guilds will just opt to ignore it?
Exactly !!!

Inno has already accustomed us to results below our expectations.
In French we say that a mountain gives birth to a mouse.

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
For the boosts please not: The balancing is far from final. If we and you notice, that it is not worth it, we will certainly change some numbers around. :)

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
For the boosts please not: The balancing is far from final. If we and you notice, that it is not worth it, we will certainly change some numbers around. :)

Well it's not just the exact numbers. Some of it is that the boosts shown just aren't conceptually that interesting. Even if the 3% less GE negotiation costs was 50% less GE negotiation costs, needing to spend say a week investing in it to get it unlocked, and then only having it around for two more weeks to enjoy it... There's a high chance it wasn't much of a benefit in the end anyways.

For these to be things we're doing on a cyclical basis they have to be really dramatic and enable us to do things we wouldn't do without them.

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Well it's not just the exact numbers. Some of it is that the boosts shown just aren't conceptually that interesting. Even if the 3% less GE negotiation costs was 50% less GE negotiation costs, needing to spend say a week investing in it to get it unlocked, and then only having it around for two more weeks to enjoy it... There's a high chance it wasn't much of a benefit in the end anyways.

For these to be things we're doing on a cyclical basis they have to be really dramatic and enable us to do things we wouldn't do without them.
Ok, then I will expand my post: Please not, that the whole balancing is far from final. Everything, including the costs for perks can still change. :)

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
so can you answer :
A list like that would be good to have if you actually want proper feedback as you say.

Otherwise if we have to figure it out ourselves it sounds like it may take a while to learn about all perks because the announcement says there will only be a selection of all possible perks available each 3 week period and all guilds get the same ones.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
So you expect our reviews in 5 days for 3 quests to study?
Plus 3 more 3 weeks later?

And do you think our comments will be taken into account?
When we see what the developers have done with our previous remarks on GvG, Arène, CBG, EG, Château, Hub, ....

Heinrich IV

Merchant
On First view it does not look very attractive. From examples it seems we have to spend much more resources as we can earn with the benefits.
In Example we have about 175 good to spend to get a 8% chance getting about 1 good the week from each guild member who is in addition in friend list (close to none in most cases ...).

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Ok, then I will expand my post: Please not, that the whole balancing is far from final. Everything, including the costs for perks can still change. :)

Wasn't about costs either necessarily.

Just that the very nature of it "lasting 3 weeks", if it's expected to require some level of investment from us (and one assumes it should - if it doesn't it wouldn't be that interesting from a requirement standpoint), then the nature of the buffs has to be more unique than what we've seen so far.

Which maybe there will be some that are. But we can only comment on what's in the announcement for now. And none of that jumps off the screen making me go "OMG I want that!"

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
So you expect our reviews in 5 days for 3 quests to study?
Plus 3 more 3 weeks later?
No, you can only activate 3 perks per cycle, but you will of course see and be able to select from more than 3 :)
And do you think our comments will be taken into account?
Sure! As I already wrote, this time we want to improve on this and really take your feedback into account and improve/implement what you think!

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Wasn't about costs either necessarily.

Just that the very nature of it "lasting 3 weeks", if it's expected to require some level of investment from us (and one assumes it should - if it doesn't it wouldn't be that interesting from a requirement standpoint), then the nature of the buffs has to be more unique than what we've seen so far.

Which maybe there will be some that are. But we can only comment on what's in the announcement for now. And none of that jumps off the screen making me go "OMG I want that!"
Well, the 3 weeks can change too! :)
I very much appreciate your early feedback and will of course forward it.

PhoenixFenix

Baronet
It's the same as in the first post: I can't do this yet. You will have to wait until it is released and look ingame.
I suppose we could wait.
But unless looking ingame means we are able to see all possible perks right from the start but those not available are greyed out or something it will mean we want that list.

Because reviews for only a select few perks each 3 week period seems like a weird way to go about it and the feedback probably be of much lesser quality because we aren't able to provide feedback on the feature as a whole.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Well, the 3 weeks can change too! :)
I very much appreciate your early feedback and will of course forward it.

But the 3 weeks can't change by too much as things are explained atm. Since a new member can only enjoy the perks if they're there at the start of a cycle, it's not like we should have 2 month cycles (which would add a lot more meaning to which perks you picked and invested in). That's potentially a very long wait!

Borowski

Squire
to be honest: why always more and more and more clicks per day? i am ignoring more and more of all of those "extras" and it feels for every single ignored feature, you invent two more... o_O

and: guilds are already out of goods because of the GBG - so we dont need another feature that consumes goods