• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Halloween Event 2021

podkap1970

Emperor
Result:
3 SELECTION KITS FOR HOUSE OF HORRORS
View attachment 7406

Q:Should I be dissapointed more than the actual set?
A: Yes ...
Q: Should I quit this event?
A: YES X2

I avoided the light bulbs on the map like Dracula did with the light, I went ONLY for pumpkins and it wasn't enough to get more than 3 kits, but I got 12 drummers and I really LIKE THEM ...

Event by event it seems that is more difficult to obtain daily prizes. I sacrificed the calendar and I hoped to be better going after kits, Now I think I did the BIG MISTAKE ever thinking I could gather more kits for House of Horrors, at lest the set pieces are expensive to be sold in AD and buy something else ...
i also did not go for the lightbulb, since i do not care about event buildings, only pumpkins, toys and tools
i got 4 Kits, and only the first 4 toys, none from the 2nd row

i did complete 6 toy quests, so i could by a 5th big 'toolbox' (i have still many toys in reserve, but not enough to buy another big 'toolbox'

at the beginning i found 5 sticker (1 for calender and 4 fragments), at the end kinda none

the stickers are more rare as in the Archaeology Event, so i guess i will not complete the calender, kinda impossible

result of the Event:
Event buildings are not my favourites, i will not build it
daily specials: i got 4 Kits thats ok, still need 2 for another House of Horrors
calender: with these drop rates, i will not complete it, so its bad, a diamond trap

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Benefits of the buildings are ways too bad. All benefits should be increased by 2x
at the very least for the lvl2 buildings from what they offer now. If those benefits
are doubled from what they are now. It's more comparable to the Celtic Forest
set which was pretty decant.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Beta server won't open atm - anyone care to share the stats of the buildings they're so disappointed in? :)

Edit: NM, there it goes.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Ok, so the pieces:

Mystical Organ (3x1): coin boost, coin boost, 7% Att boost in ColA - would be fine
Wheel of Death (2x1): medals, 4 FP - quality piece
Teacups (2x3): all defensive army stats - and not even very good values for them (3% att, 7% def, 5% att in ColA). Maybe a data entry error and they were meant to be for offensive army?
Helter Skelter (3x3): medals, 2 goods, 6 FP, 8 goods - every other set building required for full bonus... would be fine though. Could maybe be used as a support with 4/5 buildings.
Clown Town (5x2): coins, 15 goods - seriously? that's it?

About the only thing I can see doing with this set as it stands is figure out a way to get a whole bunch of wheel of deaths supported by a minimum of other crap and see if it balances out to an ok building. But my thought experiments are coming up dry on that front so far too.

I have not actually begun with it yet, been along day, but reading the announcement and then the comments here, one could swear one was reading about 2 different things.
according to the announcement, it's wonderful, awesome, amazing, etc etc. But the comments make it seem a bit different.
Going by past experience, my moneys on the comments here being a hell of a lot more accurate than whatever the announcement might try lead me to believe.
Looks like i might try for another abandoned asylum and maybe house of the wolf.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
1630516350564.png
it'd pass for a mediocre 5x6 combined I guess. Needing road on two sides is pretty brutal for being mediocre though. (Note, Top of this image is top-right of city. Rotate it by 90 degrees if you prefer to think of Top-Left as Top)

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Slightly better 5x5 (imo):

1630516655142.png

Would leave the teacups at level 1 and give up their benefit probably to get the road on one side (so strike the defending army stats). Then would only need 1 more grand prize than the full set would require which hopefully would be plausible without spending.

vidicecilia

Baronet
Hi!
After 30 rush quests, Ringmaster has desappeared. When will he return?
The board of the event is empty now, there is nothing there.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
This set desperately needs to be buffed. I think doubling the stats would make it at least just interesting
enough to be constructed. Something like this:
Now (full lvl2 set):
Goods: 25 -> 50
Medals (AF): 227 -> 454
FPs: 10 -> 20
Coins bonus: 10% -> 20%
Att. Def%: 7% -> 14%
Def. Att%: 8% -> 16%
Def. Def%: 7% ->14%

-Alin-

Emperor
This set desperately needs to be buffed. I think doubling the stats would make it at least just interesting
Now (full lvl2 set):

Better to make them more expensive to be nice for AD :p

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Now (full lvl2 set):

Doubling would be too far. The basic layout would be a new-best event building by that point - and optimized layouts might be more extreme. And hallowe'en already has two high quality buildings from past years (though if one wanted to make the case that specials should be more common in hallowe'en and archaeology, I'd agree!)

I think it's close to where it should be probably. A few tweaks here or there would be enough to make it decent.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
Ok, so the pieces:

Mystical Organ (3x1): coin boost, coin boost, 7% Att boost in ColA - would be fine
Wheel of Death (2x1): medals, 4 FP - quality piece
Teacups (2x3): all defensive army stats - and not even very good values for them (3% att, 7% def, 5% att in ColA). Maybe a data entry error and they were meant to be for offensive army?
Helter Skelter (3x3): medals, 2 goods, 6 FP, 8 goods - every other set building required for full bonus... would be fine though. Could maybe be used as a support with 4/5 buildings.
Clown Town (5x2): coins, 15 goods - seriously? that's it?

About the only thing I can see doing with this set as it stands is figure out a way to get a whole bunch of wheel of deaths supported by a minimum of other crap and see if it balances out to an ok building. But my thought experiments are coming up dry on that front so far too.
0o05V1a.png

32 FPs for 34 tiles, requires 21 selection kits so need to spend some diamonds, but it has great forge points per tile at 0.94 fp/tile :)

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Bit of a weird shape, but yea if you had a lot of 1x1s to pack around it anyways, I guess that's not too bad :)

AGranolaBar

Squire
wow, I got 1 House of Horror selection kit. One. For all the tickets.
12 joker pieces and 5/8 toys.

The place was crawling with lightbulbs and Kevins. :) Fitting, I guess, for the atmosphere.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Doubling would be too far. The basic layout would be a new-best event building by that point - and optimized layouts might be more extreme. And hallowe'en already has two high quality buildings from past years (though if one wanted to make the case that specials should be more common in hallowe'en and archaeology, I'd agree!)

I think it's close to where it should be probably. A few tweaks here or there would be enough to make it decent.
Roughly increasing it with 25%-50% from current values?