• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Archaeology 2021

CrashBoom

Legend
I finished all quests in the tablet museum, but the green check mark-icon is missing on some.

View attachment 6871
obviously after getting the first reward

because the green check marks are the 2nd turn

or do you expect all 8 green check marks for the 2nd reward and get that for free ?

if you want to keep all 8 green check marks don't collect the reward

HardWire

Farmer
is it necessary for the event to spill over into the daily? Could you not leave event stuff in event stuff and leave the daily alone. Sure SOME folks may value that ONE shard a day from the daily but really? You have an event window, there is a place for event quests. Enough already.

talamanta

Baronet
Pathfinder
I do not understand something
the possibility of changing the daily gift
concerns the gift of the next day
or every day there will be daily gift
which are different from the daily gift of the next day
or there are 21 standard daily gifts
set by choice
we can see them again before the end of the event

Sorry for the English
is by automatic translation
the text in Greek

Δεν εχω καταλαβει κατι
η δυνατοτητα αλλαγης του ημερησιου δωρου
αφορα το δωρο της επομενης μερας
ή καθε μερα θα υπαρχουν ημερησια δωρα
τα οποια θα ειναι διαφορετικα απο τα ημερησιο δωρα της επομενης μερας
η' υπαρχουν 21 ημερησια δωρα στανταρ
που με την επιλογη
μπορουμε να τα ξανα δουμε πριν το τελος της εκδηλωσης

Last edited:

6zeva9

Baronet
From what I have seen the first Daily Special that is offered on any day is the same regardless of where you are.
The second Daily Special if selected is different from one player to another, however it will be one of the other Daily Special prizes that could be the first on any of the other days except for today and tomorrows first Daily Special.

Pachom

Farmer
Report: After finishing the historian the game closed itself and I had to reload it. ... When reloaded the reward had been submitted. ...

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
I’ve always enjoyed the Archeology event, and this year is no different. Some middle-event thoughts

• Overall, mechanics are fun, allow you to make real strategic choices (e.g., focusing of idols, or DS, or any combination of items except those useless shards). It’s nice to have choices that actually impacts results, instead of the meaningless choices in the St Paddy’s event.
  • The reward calendar is a total waste of space. First, it is simply too frustrating to try to get the gems and shards, wasting tools that are better used to go after idols (or the DS). Second, given how mediocre the rewards are, it’s more a “booby-prize” calendar. Third, it’s a shame that the DQs are for shards, when the chance to earn scrolls would be much more motivating. Regardless if one is going for idols or the DS, can’t see why anyone would waste any tools going for gems or shards.
  • The DSs are typical and fine. New players will get useful ones, and there are always some nice-to-haves amongst the AD fodder, like the carousel and globe. Getting upgrades for past event buildings can be a real bonus: though neither the World’s Fair or Airship are that interesting to me. My favorite was Halloween’s House of the Wolf and Abandoned Asylum combo.
  • The time for the event is more than adequate to go at a relaxed pace. Without trying. I’ve easily completed all the main quests and caught up on the daily ones. Having an upgrade very as every other grand prize is good.
  • I’m on track to get a fully upgraded Ferris Wheel with no need to spend diamonds, barring any unexpected mistakes. But I only seek idols and tools, and only go for tiles with vases when it's efficient to do so ( an almost never go for a shard/gem). Even so, I still hit enough vases inadvertently to get some nice rewards.
  • As last year, getting the all the clay tablets will be pure luck if focusing only on idols. I’ve got 6 of 8 with a week to go, with the gold and 1 silver to go; which is possible but not certain at all.
  • Received no portraits at all, whereas I usually stumble on 3 or 4. Might be just bad luck, or maybe the drop-rate for portraits was changed. Sample size 1 = pure speculation.
  • For an early to mid-era player, I think the Ferris Wheel is excellent with its scalable attack or defensive boosts. And it’s 6x4 size is not difficult to find room for.

Sinitar

Regent
It’s nice to have choices that actually impacts results, instead of the meaningless choices in the St Paddy’s event.
meaningless choices in the St Paddy’s event? this is a fool idea...
You had 3 ways: the lazy way,the faster way, or both ways in the same time according with your free time
The reward calendar is a total waste of space. First, it is simply too frustrating to try to get the gems and shards, wasting tools that are better used to go after idols (or the DS). Second, given how mediocre the rewards are, it’s more a “booby-prize” calendar. Third, it’s a shame that the DQs are for shards, when the chance to earn scrolls would be much more motivating. Regardless if one is going for idols or the DS, can’t see why anyone would waste any tools going for gems or shards.
Someone to having a 2nd ferris,it might be usefull finishing the calendar due to take 2 free upgrades and for "unlucky guys" that are unlucky in general and also if they do not taked the box from previous event
You will take a few daily specials in this event :rolleyes:
Even I will finish the event without needing the calendar and I can affirm the @MooingCat idea (but at the moment not for the price of 2nd ferris),it is a nice extra reward
And about the gems,you can gain a lot of then during your "exploration" waiting the next day absolutly to gain an entire gem,not a "gem shard "...
in my situation I can open 4 daily chests with the gem shards obtained up to now

Every daily special except the first day is meaningless and a fools choice. I guess even the good prices are fools choices if you can only get one or two in a thousand scrolls.

KalleKulle

Farmer
Usually, I don't comment. However, THIS event is (again) not doable without paying with Dias.
I for myself do not play immediately, but wait for a "good" daily price and therefore it is not possible to find a "gem in the sand" every day.

The shards are in the daily requests is not good too. It is NOT possible to solve them every time! (e.g "...45 taverns..." when you have 60 "friends and half of them don't empty their chairs.)

This wheel is nice but I will not get the reward which is an "unsolvable" event.

Kalle

Sinitar

Regent
I for myself do not play immediately, but wait for a "good" daily price
your play is not compatible with the calendar and it's normal that you cannot complete it
....and therefore it is not possible to find a "gem in the sand" every day.
no? then why I have for now all the gems necessary, and few times, I accidently clicked it when I found one in that day? https://prnt.sc/10tjigz
The shards are in the daily requests is not good too. It is NOT possible to solve them every time! (e.g "...45 taverns..." when you have 60 "friends and half of them don't empty their chairs.)
and who had tell to do every day the daily challenge?I didin't complete for 2 days, but I'll complete the same the calendar

CrashBoom

Legend
the calender is 1000 times easier than the one from winter event
simply collect one gem every day

I for myself do not play immediately, but wait for a "good" daily price and therefore it is not possible to find a "gem in the sand" every day.
that is your choice

people who go for a certain daily special will fail in the calender
and people like me who are going to get one gem every day are failing in getting daily prices

the calender is 1000 times easier than the one from winter event
simply collect one gem every day

that is your choice

people who go for a certain daily special will fail in the calender
and people like me who are going to get one gem every day are failing in getting daily prices
Or you can be like me with the most terrible luck on this play layout and the summer wheel type formats and get neither gems, tablet, or daily specials.