• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Archaeology 2021

Jules

Squire
as you said it's random... I finished all tablets twice, without spending diamonds.
and I am pretty sure that I will NOT complete all tablets even once on the live server, it's just bad luck...

wow! Thanks for confirming that it is possible...

So, four more days, then the event is over. And I can tell now that without the use of diamonds, I won’t be able to get the event building to level 10.
I still have 20 scrolls and I’m still missing 32 gold statues until the next upgrade kit and I haven’t found a Silver Clay Tablet 3 yet.

I hope that FoE can come up with something on the live server until the beginning of the event, that you can get the event building without any problems at level 10 without slides!!

Sinitar

Regent
So, four more days, then the event is over. And I can tell now that without the use of diamonds, I won’t be able to get the event building to level 10.
I still have 20 scrolls and I’m still missing 32 gold statues until the next upgrade kit and I haven’t found a Silver Clay Tablet 3 yet.

I hope that FoE can come up with something on the live server until the beginning of the event, that you can get the event building without any problems at level 10 without slides!!
unlucky
you should complete the calendar to have the certaince to complete your wheel

normally it is possible complete the wheel without the calendar if you used wisely your scrolls and tools https://prnt.sc/10vhe79
same thing the calendar https://prnt.sc/10vheyt
but for the historian's reward i'm in your situation: it missing me only the first silver clay table

Did you notice already that the headline on the Event Announcement includes a typo?
It should read "Archaeology" but instead is shown as "Arcaheology"... you may want to correct that

FrejaSP

Viceroy

This event is easy to do without diamond. I have every daily calendar, I have 10 gem shards = 2 gems in stock with 2 days to the end and I have one
gem I can see but have not yet collected. I have 540 scrolls left, I will use when the daily special is a Reno kit (hopes)
I have used zero diamond, just stopped, when I could see the next gem/gem shard was ready to collect.
My building is level 6 right now, I get one upgrade more from the quests, one or more from grand price and 2 from the center of the calendar and I stil have the set from the mystic bock unused.

It have been a nice event with zero stress, at least for me.

Tanmay11

Regent
I didn't do the event calendar(12/21. easier than winter calendar) and I will still end up with one extra kit without spending diamonds.
1616897974354.png
the dailies drop rate was real bad though.
And 2nd time in a row after Halloween, did not get all the idols...

Umbrathor

Baronet
Having played through most of the event, my feedback is:
* still loving the mechanic of brushes, spades and dynamite to advance and how using them wisely gives you an advantage;
* very happy that we can find portraits, but please add new (old) portraits to be found every time! Older players who have found portraits in earlier events will not get any new portraits to fill the gaps in their collection, even though there are still are many such gaps!
* please consider announcing that to complete the main prize, it is wise to try and complete the calendar / puzzle box. I managed to get it complete because I managed to complete the tablets once, and use the tools wisely. Many players however will need the puzzle box to complete the main prize;
* Please make it possible to swap tablets. So many people cannot finish that part of the event because of bad luck!
* getting daily prizes seems indeed to be harder than normal. I usually get a large amount of dailies and thus save up my event currency for a good daily. This year the results were disappointing and I heard that from many others (though peopole who have luck in that department are seldom heard, of course)
* The main prize is fine. I don't like the design, and would prefer keeping the World Fair for looks, but the Wheel is much better. If only we could keep the desig of the one and replace it with the stats of the other... I've had the same dilemma with many of the other prizes as well. Such as the three Fall windmills, the Ships verus the Trains, and so on. Ah well.
* The prizes for the tablets quests are still mostly rubbish, but that seems intentional. *shrugs* Cannot have it all, I guess.
* I miss the option to win buildings from earlier Historical Event questlines. The Auction House seems to have taken over that role. That waters down the unique function of this event. Just the portraits remain (happy about that, though!)
* I repeat my request to remove the gem shard as a daily quest option, or to make sure that the second option is always a worthwhile one. Gem shards are a very bad alternative since they given only one fifth of a prize, when compared to the other daily rewards. If you turn the daily prize into a gem rather than a shard, it might be acceptable. Or just add the shard as a third reward option.

Very disappointed. Only a very few scrolls in incidents (and yes, I clear all my incidents, there were no large numbers) and very poor numbers in the quest rewards. Even having spent more diamonds than I would usually consider spending, I still can barely progress through the maze, I still haven't seen hide nor hair of the first two silver gizmos. (I've had a lot of common clays show up, though.) Not sure the rewards on the event building are worth the effort, considering its size and the difficulty with the event.

aim83

Merchant
Nice mechanics with those instruments and all. Love it!
Good rework of calendar thing. Much better from the winter event. Still has something to do with it: for example, I have more than 30 excess gem fragments after opening all calendar slots. Please, consider availability to trade it for scrolls!
Nice prizes, both variants are viable, and looks great!
A little bit dissapointed with the higher than usual predicted price of 2nd main building in diamonds (20-22k). Still going to spend it, for the prizes are great.

Last edited:
I didn't do the calendar and that was my mistake. I will end up 1 upgrade kit short (level 9 with base building, surprise box and 7 kits), I'm missing 1 silver tablet from completing all of the quests and I ended up with 4 daily prices the whole event. On live, I will do the calendar and not mind what daily prices there are.

aim83

Merchant
I got 16 levels of main building (2 base parts, 11 upgrade kits, 3 selection kits) by spending 6k diamonds.
Was trying to predict 2nd main building price, and if my calculation is right, it's about 20-22k.

ZorkNL

Farmer
Running the event as well. Completed all quests & took all daily login scrolls.
Missing 1 clay tablet -> So not completed (although I NEVER succeeded in completing these on live as well)
Wheel -> Even with upgrade from previous event I will not get past level 9. Players who complete all quests & do their daily login & have previous event upgrade should really get the full wheel.
Only bought the 395 scroll packages (with the exception of my last 150 scoll or so) and tried to grab all my incidents as well (must say, incidents gave me extremely little scrolls)

I assume this will be fixed on live since this is very dissatisfying this way.

Last edited:

CrashBoom

Legend
Well yes. I receive 10 scrolls for every "gem wanna be" in the sands, now.
you fail (and the guy who answered my question obviously too)

my question was: was happen to gem fragments I already have

and that was the answer to my question

because your answer I already knew before asking my question

aim83

Merchant
Get used to it: not all that dissatisfies you is going to be fixed. That's the way it is - you should also pay attention and play smart in the maze spending those instruments.

CrashBoom

Legend
Running the event as well. Completed all quests & took all daily login scrolls.
Missing 1 clay tablet -> So not completed (although I NEVER succeeded in completing these on live as well)
Wheel -> Even with upgrade from previous event I will not get past level 9. Players who complete all quests & do their daily login & have previous event upgrade should really get the full wheel.
Only bought the 395 scroll packages (with the exception of my last 150 scoll or so) and tried to grab all my incidents as well (must say, incidents gave me extremely little scrolls)

but it looks like you didn't finish the calender :rolleyes:

Gammatest

Farmer
I completed the calendar today. Is there an use for further already collected shards? I expected them to be transformed into scrolls, because new collected shards are transformed into scrolls as well. But I do not know how to trigger this transformation.
I don't like the idea, that all these shards are wasted.