• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback PvP Arena (reworked)

trayk

Steward
Haven't you noticed how the guilds in GvG release sectors and take them again after a few days? Why do you think they do it if they have already conquered them and won't get improvements for their guild? To earn points in the towers and increase their personal score in the Global Ranking
Many of us use GB for the same reasons.

doing a fight, no matter where still gives battle points. Those points translate to score at 50 to 1. EVEN WITHOUT A Tournament Tower. So your statement is baseless.

vidicecilia

Baronet
doing a fight, no matter where still gives battle points. Those points translate to score at 50 to 1. EVEN WITHOUT A Tournament Tower. So your statement is baseless.

Yes, I know, but unfortunately we can no longer see the result of our fights in the PvP Tower and competing with neighbors was funny.

Last edited:

trayk

Steward
In order to perpetuate the arenas, wouldn't it be possible to create a "general" improvement kit among the rewards of the most assiduous players?
This "general" improvement kit could replace any building improvement kit.
It could very well, to be regular without becoming commonplace, be won in fragments.

That is a very interesting thought. Definitely go fragments, so that its not too OP as it will already be the most OP item in the game in and of its capability.

trayk

Steward
I explained why it is not rational to invest in the defense of the city. The attack bonus used in all elements of the game. In battles with neighbors. In the battles on the GVG. In the battles in the GBG. In the battles in GE. In battles on the continent map. The Defense bonus used only in battles with neighbors(no one cares about this for a long time. Only some players maybe) and now the PVP arena has been added. One PVP arena will not outweigh all the other features. Why do you reject the idea of removing the defense and attack bonuses from the city in the arena?

That would give a greater bonus to those who only focus attack over all else. Why give them even further advantage vs those who still put in defenses? "I don't want to put in defense Mr. Dev, so take away by opponents boosts in the Arena so I am not at a disadvantage for my game choice"

I don't think so, you made your choice, now live with it.

Owl II

Emperor
That would give a greater bonus to those who only focus attack over all else. Why give them even further advantage vs those who still put in defenses? "I don't want to put in defense Mr. Dev, so take away by opponents boosts in the Arena so I am not at a disadvantage for my game choice"

I don't think so, you made your choice, now live with it.
Oh! It's not difficult for me:) Like for 90% of other players. At the moment, none of my neighbors are concerned about building a defense for their city. But sometimes, very rarely, they are found. They come to offers my 2 spearmen, thinking their the lvl100 of Deal castle is a wall. No, it's not a wall.
It's just boring to the yawning. For this reason, the PVP arena will be boring to the yawning as well

If the devs remove all other features of the game and leave only fights with neighbors and PVP arena, then building a defense will make sense. But while this is only a small part of the FOE, everything will remain as it is

Last edited:

bornempire

Steward
What is the most annoying of the PvP is the 'forced suicide' the game offers. Sometimes you can see from a thousand miles you can never win from one of the three opponents. A normal general, in other words, a good FoE fighter, would then not walk to the battlefield. Is like they ask you to be hanged, strangled or cut in pieces. Takes me loads of extra training time of the troops this PvP.
I don't like it at all,
Also slows down the pace. In an normal PvP hood with 80 PvP hoodies you can do them all in like 30 minutes. Now you can take like 5-8 daily, if you normal sleep and do some cooking. How can you call this 'progress'?
I have to force my self to do some fights, so annoyed by the limitation of 5 fights max and then wait for hours before the next ones appear.

And then this stupid thing you get the same enemy 2 times in a row.

I hope they stop this silly game, but am afraid, since it is the 2nd introduction they want to force the players to 'just eat it'.

It looks like a capitulation for the complainers who complain about plundering etc. The reward system is also very unclear for me.

bornempire

Steward
Also really annoyed they removed the PvP towers. They are an incentive for active fighters to get some extra points on every tower by smart playing. But now that is removed, this looks like a PvP for dummies and only rewards the players with the highest bonus and is to pamper the soft hearted players who don't put normal defense. That they don't get beaten so many times.
The rewards are unclear and not worthwile.

vidicecilia

Baronet
Also really annoyed they removed the PvP towers. They are an incentive for active fighters to get some extra points on every tower by smart playing. But now that is removed, this looks like a PvP for dummies and only rewards the players with the highest bonus and is to pamper the soft hearted players who don't put normal defense. That they don't get beaten so many times.
The rewards are unclear and not worthwile.

You can still attack your neighbors and earn those points, but the fun of the competition in the towers has been lost. Surely, everyone has taken out their city defenses, so we'll have to attack spearmen all over the neighborhood.

Julian24

Viceroy
What is the most annoying of the PvP is the 'forced suicide' the game offers. Sometimes you can see from a thousand miles you can never win from one of the three opponents. A normal general, in other words, a good FoE fighter, would then not walk to the battlefield. Is like they ask you to be hanged, strangled or cut in pieces. Takes me loads of extra training time of the troops this PvP.
How do you know before even stepping into the fight and seeing the armies? Even if you would know, you can refresh the 3 enemies once. And if you start the battle and see, that you can't win, you can just surrender withour loosing more units.
Also slows down the pace. In an normal PvP hood with 80 PvP hoodies you can do them all in like 30 minutes. Now you can take like 5-8 daily, if you normal sleep and do some cooking. How can you call this 'progress'?
I have to force my self to do some fights, so annoyed by the limitation of 5 fights max and then wait for hours before the next ones appear.
If the attempts are not enough, you can buy more with diamonds or medals. Every "good" player has more than enough of them.
And what is so stupid about that? Please tell.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Is it the bad faith of some or their lack of intellectual capacity?

The arena does not remove possible attacks from neighbors, or even city defenses, it is only a non-mandatory addition.

Wouldn't you like to go back to the primary reason behind the Beta, test and provide constructive criticism instead of reading your complaints based on misinterpretations?

Some complain that the arena is for those with big bonuses. Why not try to improve yourself rather than showing your jealousy?

About what ?? Do you find it illogical to reward the strongest? Foe changed his name to Loveland?

GateKeeper

Baronet
Minor issue. the meter bar is way off, looks full, but still 16% to go. could be blocked by chest though. like I said...minor ;)
1612011747834.png

jovada

Regent
All i see is that maybe the rewards will be better but i don't think they can change a lot on the gameplay, after the first debacle it only looks a little prettyer with the addition of 3 completly useless rankings and maybe a little change in matchmaking.

We have expedition with good rewards , we have guildbattlefield with good rewards , some of us have also GVG to play so again can one of the mods answer this question:

Why should we play a boring/timeconsuming and diamond/medals eating pvp, can you tell us what is the added value against expedition and guildbattle ?

Last edited:

jovada

Regent
Are you writing about gvg, neighborhood battles or any other pvp feature? because you could say that about them too.

Again when will they learn to read , the other features you mention are not timeconsuming cause you can use rogues there.

OmegaLee

Steward
I don't have Himeji on beta. Does anyone know if we get the battle bonus in PVP arena? Having another way to get those bonuses would be good.
If nothing else, I get to use up my bonuses on the dead GE / GBG period.

lordwasa

Regent
Community Manager
As the game grows larger with more and more features, we need to invest more time; which is not necessarily a bad thing, as long as we like it and have fun.
But an extra feature where you can keep grinding endlessly makes the feature less attractive to me and probably to a lot of other players.

The PVP-Arena is in my opinion a very cool feature but it hasn't enough depth to daily grind points for hours. The grinding makes it less interesting and more boring. If you have a limited amount of attempts, you need to make your decisions more carefully as a wrong decision can cost you ranking points. Now a mistake or a loss isn't too bad, cause you can just keep grinding.
The people with persistence will keep buying attempts with medals and boost extra GB's on a daily basis to obtain a higher medal income.

PvP Arena with limited purchases on additional attempts / or even on total attempts - resets at 00h00
AspectsPRO'sCON's
ActivityIf players want to compete in the rankings, they will need to log in daily and play daily to obtain a high position.
Limit on additional attempts: Players will need to log in every 10 hours to maximize their attempts.
Limit on total attempts: Players only need to log in daily and can buy the extra attempts they lost when not logging in every 10 hours (with diamonds perhaps).
Players who don't log in daily or every 10 hours won't be able to make up for their damage as they aren't able to grind points.
Time investmentAs you only have a limited amount of attempts, you don't need to spend hours a day to compete in the rankings. You still have time for the other game features and your life outside of the game.People who like to stand out because they are willing to spend a lot more time and go much further where others stop, will not be able to.
StrategyMistakes/losses will have consequences and will be noticeable. You will need to make your decisions wisely. This will make the feature more interesting.Mistakes/losses can no longer be corrected by grinding a little more as you won't be able to grind.
RewardingMany more players will be able to compete in the rankings, making this feature more interesting and fun for many more players.

Players who log in daily are more rewarded than those who don't.
Players who miss a day will not have the option to make up for the damage through grinding.

As I get new/more insights by testing the new feature, I will update this table accordingly.

While reading through some comments, I noticed a lot of people don't like the limits on additional attempts as you lose ranking points when someone succesfully attacks you. A possibly solution could be a 'resentment-meter': for every defense you lose it will fill the meter. When you win a defense, it will go down a bit. When the meter is full, you can claim additional attempts to compensate for the ranking points you lost.

This seems like very interesting improvements for the Arena.
I will add them to the list of potential improvements :)

lordwasa

Regent
Community Manager
I don't like it at all,

I hope they stop this silly game, but am afraid, since it is the 2nd introduction they want to force the players to 'just eat it'.

It looks like a capitulation for the complainers who complain about plundering etc. The reward system is also very unclear for me.

For this reason the refresh of opponents every 2 hours has been introduced. You can only face opponents that have setup their PVP Arena. Sadly this means that if no addition suitable opponents are available or you are unlucky, you will face the same opponents again.
The more players participate in testing the PVP Arena, the more matchmaking will improve, more constructive feedback can be provided and more/better improvements can be made to the PVP Arena

All i see is that maybe the rewards will be better but i don't think they can change a lot on the gameplay, after the first debacle it only looks a little prettyer with the addition of 3 completly useless rankings and maybe a little change in matchmaking.

We have expedition with good rewards , we have guildbattlefield with good rewards , some of us have also GVG to play so again can one of the mods answer this question:

Why should we play a boring/timeconsuming and diamond/medals eating pvp, can you tell us what is the added value against expedition and guildbattle ?

Noone forces you to play this gamemod, but it substitutes the PVP Tower on the Beta right now. It is not a substitution of the Guild Expedition, Guild Battlegrounds of Guilds versus Guilds features.
The PVP Arena is not designed to be farmed like Guild Battlegrounds for resources or to gain Guildpower. If that were the case, there would not be a soft limit on attempts or refreshes.

I don't have Himeji on beta. Does anyone know if we get the battle bonus in PVP arena? Having another way to get those bonuses would be good.
If nothing else, I get to use up my bonuses on the dead GE / GBG period.
The same rules still apply about Great Building bonusses: The PvP Arena will also enable your Great Buildings passive skills (Advanced Tactics, Fierce Resistance, Military Boost, and Spoils of War), but not the active ones (Critical Hit, First Strike and Missile Launch).

Jules

Squire
Noone forces you to play this gamemod, but it substitutes the PVP Tower on the Beta right now. It is not a substitution of the Guild Expedition, Guild Battlegrounds of Guilds versus Guilds features.

Substituting the PVP Towers with the PVP Arena is still my main problem. You took a feature that let us compare ourselves to our neighbors across all fighting gamemods and replaced it with one more fighting gamemod that takes time. It is NOT a substitute, we lose functionality. I liked the PVP Towers because it gave me a statistic on how good I was doing across the game, which I cannot do in the arena.

Now is there any argument for removing the Towers? You can add the arena and leave the towers be. I won't play this new feature, I find it boring, but I am still interested in the statistics from the tower.

lordwasa

Regent
Community Manager
Substituting the PVP Towers with the PVP Arena is still my main problem. You took a feature that let us compare ourselves to our neighbors across all fighting gamemods and replaced it with one more fighting gamemod that takes time. It is NOT a substitute, we lose functionality. I liked the PVP Towers because it gave me a statistic on how good I was doing across the game, which I cannot do in the arena.

Now is there any argument for removing the Towers? You can add the arena and leave the towers be. I won't play this new feature, I find it boring, but I am still interested in the statistics from the tower.
We are aware about the strong feelings of removing the option to compare yourselves to your neighboors and players from your era and have forwarded as feedback to keep such an option in the game, but for now you can't.