• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback PvP Arena

Thunderdome

Emperor
I have a STRONG feeling inno is just lying to us when they say they have STRONG positive feedback from other sources.
When do they NEVER lie to us? **laughing in sarcasm**

I have a STRONG feeling that the other sources are the mods who are also obliged to test and cowardly give positive advise.
Or the QA department that only have access to high end/high level cities and accounts that may play within their own "network" for testing purposes... totally different than the beta server AND definitely different than the live servers.

I have a STRONG feeling that the accountants look at the diamonds spent and think it's going well and forget this is beta where we receive some diamonds to test.
You might be onto something there. Stuff happens on a false positive sometimes.

I have a STRONG feeling that many of us (guildleaders in our worlds) will pass the negative word and say to ignore this big mistake.
At least most of us knew that social media/passing the word around is a dangerous animal. The upside down pyramid of marketing comes to mind. I tell 10 people, those 10 people tell 10 of their own, and it goes down the line.

I have a STRONG suggestion to show a little respect to your customers and redisign this pvp tower if you want it to work.
Heh, they (Inno) will complain it's "too hard" to change it back or redesign it. Makes me wonder when their servers crash if they have a backup at the ready to restore. Tsk tsk.

Other than that, I like this.

Laobhan

Farmer
I think they have changed the algorithm a bit, so that at least one of the battles in the PvP arena is winnable, it is mostly the 50 point, but its ok, I think they have also changed the scoring so that you get less for each battle, but you get more for each loss, at least thats what it appears like to me, but I wasn't keeping as close eye on it before as now, Now its not too bad, at least you can get somewhere with your battles if you keep your wits about you, but I am playing on PC not sure how it pans out on android or ipad, havent tried it on those yet. But in the current format as long as you get at least one battle in your age or below its not bad at all. Still going to miss out on the extra medals in the towers, but tbh with all the events I think we are getting more medals than we did in the early stages, so this probably balances out the game a little.

and oh yes, this will *surely* help with the ranking "spreading out":

View attachment 5990

So if some high age person doesn't bother for 2 weeks, they're back down with the EMA players mucking things up even further ;)
That is a very good point. The matching system will never be settled. It is deeply flawed. There are several possibilities:
- keep it but let us choose between more than three players;
- remove it and let us choose our opponents as we like (combat points like the old ones for the attacker and the defenser loses the points he didn't take on the units of the attacker);
- change it and take in account the bonus, the units and the era of the players.

But don't tell us it will be fine in time because it won't and it can't.

Umbrathor

Baronet
@Dudettas, I understand we'll never know what or who the other sources are. But can't you even tell us in what way the Arena has been marked as a success thanks to this other sources? What is there to like in the Arena according to them? I don't want to know who has well received the Arena but what they have well received.
I'd say it's pretty clear. The main source of feedback for a any new feature is how many people are using it / playing it, and whether or not people pay diamonds for the diamond options it offers. As long as there are plenty of players who DO play in the arena, and people who are willing to spend diamonds on it, Inno will consider the feature a success.

One way of tackling that is to communicate in guilds and in the global forum on beta that the only way to abolish this feature is if people who don't like the arena and want the old towers back, to stop playing in the arena.

I don't think it will happen though. Even if many people were to stop playing in the arena, Inno will probably try to make it more attractive rather than drop the idea and reinstate the towers. Which I think is a bad idea. It's very human though: throwing good money after bad, rather than taking your losses.

The smarter move would be to introduce the arena alongside the old towers.

trayk

Steward
As A PME city on Beta about 25% of my easy battles are FE and above. I can (with my boost) usually hold my own vs CE and often TE, but Hover Tanks change everything. The EASY battles should never be higher age than your own city. My medium battles have been about 90% OF and above. Occasionally a CE or TE I can attempt (and sometimes win). I do not even bother looking at the hard battles any longer. in the last week or so they have all been MARs or SAAB. Medium battles should never be more than 2 ages higher if that much higher. They really need to pull their heads out and get the matchmaking set up. This new tower has great potential if they don't roll it out borked from the get go.

Aether7

Farmer
I would still like to see the towers back, even if along side the arena! As I understand, the battle points that were displayed after GE/GBG/GVG battles were specific to the towers and dont translate to ranking points. So, to those that want to see display of points back after battles, what you really want is the towers back.

For the Arena, the matching system still needs to be fixed. Opponents should be from ages that are winnable, and we should not be getting the same opponent multiple times in a row.

A new recommendation: Display the age of players in the global arena rankings and add a filter so we can see top arena fighters by age.

Yekk

Regent
It won't be Aether... From day one Dudettas has been on Inno's side. Yes she most likely passed on our feelings but made it clear in a post she wish we did not have feedback on this. The last change should have been done in week one. IT WAS SAVED till just before release... Inno never ever cared about what the players said. EVER... Please remember Dudettas works for Inno. She maybe polite but her job is to make sure we are placated... She failed here...

When I saw the announcement on Eng life server PvP Arena is coming on 31th of august I was really chocked !!
Am I dreaming ?!? Do I need (new) glasses ?
Aargr !! Nooooo !!!! This can not BE !!
All our suggestions ... Inno just trow them in the bin. ... I shall delete my defending army very soon and will not touch this PvP (????) Arena (???) on life servers !!! I'm so sad, so disappointed .... Inno, a very BIG SHAME ON YOU !!!!
You only had discusions about diamonds and money, but forgot to look closer to all suggestions that are maked on this beta forum ? I "maked" time to think about more possibilities and shared my ideas with you ... This PvP Arena could be so much better with some UNIQUE rewards or unique kind of Arena Units !!!
I think I best STOP on beta and forget about giving suggestions ... how in the name can I EVER find back my confidence in Inno ? Would be very difficult ....
Hopefully, the PvP Arena will R.I.P ;...

Owl II

Emperor
If you refused the PVP arena, the mark still hangs over the tower. Can I remove it? This is a bad trend. A mark over the settlements, a mark over the tower. Today I saw a mark above the tavern!:rolleyes: We will stop reacting to it soon and stop noticing