• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Speedup of Early Eras test

i didn't really mean stay there for long, was meaning take a look around unguided. build some stuff without being told to. don't rush me off to the bronze age without seeing that sabretooth tiger over there...

FMaxi

Merchant
This is actually one I can inform you about, all the other details are just way too much. ^^
Featureold technew tech
Daily ChallengesMilitia (Iron Age)Archery (Iron Age)
Reconstruction ModeMathematics (Iron Age)Stock Breeding (Iron Age)
Guild Battlegrounds and PvP FightsMilitary Tactics (Iron Age)Chain of Command (Iron Age)
Cultural SettlementsPlowing (Iron Age)Economics (Early Middle Age)
Antiques DealerEconomics (Early Middle Age)Crossbows (High Middle Age)
PvP ArenaMercenaries (Early Middle Age)Biology (Late Middle Age)
Mughal EmpireHigher Education (Late Middle Age)Apartment Houses (Late Middle Age)
AztecsColonies (Colonial Age)Elite Forces (Colonial Age)
Most of the event questlines contain one or more "Exchange x goods to the AD" or do several 24h productions instead. How exactly should this *speed up* the game? :)

Traveler64

Squire
Researching Special Events in IA does not unlock seasonal events if the Welcome Event is running. This may be intended, but if the event is going to be placed in a pipeline, I don't understand why a separate research is needed for it. I unlocked the research hoping to unlock the seasonal event, but I had to wait 7 days.

While the Welcome Event is a good one, it is not engaging apart from the beginning of the day when 800 paper money is given, which gets spent in 2 minutes. The rest of the day is spent waiting for the FP bar to fill up so that we can complete the story quests.

It would be nice to have the special event running in parallel because the Welcome Event leaves plenty of room to play it and 7 days of it does not have to get wasted.

P.S. We do get the seasonal event currencies even while the Welcome Event is running along with all the Rival Quests. But it's ironic because we don't know where to spend Wildlife Coins or pop 15 blue tiles. We even get the daily challenges for the seasonal events.

Last edited:

Traveler64

Squire
Looks like the test ended with negative results, I see most of the changes restored to their previous state such as Quests, Research Tree requirements, Continent Map, etc with the exception of the Welcome Event.

Last edited:

Caprea

Merchant
Researching Special Events in IA does not unlock seasonal events if the Welcome Event is running. This may be intended, but if the event is going to be placed in a pipeline, I don't understand why a separate research is needed for it. I unlocked the research hoping to unlock the seasonal event, but I had to wait 7 days.

While the Welcome Event is a good one, it is not engaging apart from the beginning of the day when 800 paper money is given, which gets spent in 2 minutes. The rest of the day is spent waiting for the FP bar to fill up so that we can complete the story quests.

It would be nice to have the special event running in parallel because the Welcome Event leaves plenty of room to play it and 7 days of it does not have to get wasted.

P.S. We do get the seasonal event currencies even while the Welcome Event is running along with all the Rival Quests. But it's ironic because we don't know where to spend Wildlife Coins or pop 15 blue tiles. We even get the daily challenges for the seasonal events.
Yes, I also had to wait to end the welcome Event to be able to participate in the St. Patricks Event. Did not feel very good

Traveler64

Squire
Yes, I also had to wait to end the welcome Event to be able to participate in the St. Patricks Event. Did not feel very good
It literally is just 8 clicks a day to roll the dice and then wait for the next day to get more paper money (or 7 days to pass quickly so that the main event can unlock)! It blocks out the more important seasonal event which can give so many rewards.

Last edited:

ADSL

Squire
Researching Special Events in IA does not unlock seasonal events if the Welcome Event is running.
I can't find an announcement where it would be reported about the beginning of testing the transfer of Special Events to IA and the appearance of a Welcome Event in BA. Please provide a link!

Traveler64

Squire
I can't find an announcement where it would be reported about the beginning of testing the transfer of Special Events to IA and the appearance of a Welcome Event in BA. Please provide a link!
You're right, it is not mentioned anywhere. :) But it is an event that runs for 7 days and hands you Buccaneers's Bay on the last day (if you play smartly) along with plenty of useful selection kits such as Fellowship and Anniversary. Other not so useful ones include Summer, Spring, Historial Questlines, etc. Renovation and One Up Kits provided too. I got 12 daily specials during the week. You may have played this event before, it has a board with 32 tiles which you move through using normal and golden dice.

Last edited:

Caprea

Merchant
And not everybody gets the Welcome Event
We were two joining beta on the same day, just a few hours apart, less than a month ago. I got it, the second did not get it

Traveler64

Squire
And not everybody gets the Welcome Event
We were two joining beta on the same day, just a few hours apart, less than a month ago. I got it, the second did not get it
That is correct it's under A/B test (in live servers too, by the way). I completed it today on the live server for my newest city.

Caprea

Merchant
Today I suddenly have the antique dealer. I did not do any research. I am still in Early Middle Ages. Yesterday the ruins of the dealer told me I would have to do some research in High Middle Ages to get the dealer. And the research tree still tells me that I get the dealer with Crossbows in High Middle Ages.

wwwoodchuck

Merchant
Today I suddenly have the antique dealer. I did not do any research. I am still in Early Middle Ages. Yesterday the ruins of the dealer told me I would have to do some research in High Middle Ages to get the dealer. And the research tree still tells me that I get the dealer with Crossbows in High Middle Ages.
It appears the Company did an update to remove one or more A/B tests. I still had two research tasks in IA, that I specifically did not do yet. This morning they are completed, I have those new items in the Menu and a new Expansion that was unlocked by the completion of those research tasks. I also have access to Vikings, Japan and Egypt settlements, that I did not have yesterday.

Caprea

Merchant
Looks like they did.
Yesterday my story quest demanded I go into HMA, promising Dias for doing so.
That is now gone. Instead I just did a lot of quests from EMA, mostly regarding the provinces of it. Looks like before I have had a lot less of quests than now.

Traveler64

Squire
Did they change their mind about introducing early epoch acceleration?
It stopped appearing on live about a month ago, and today the official announcement has come that it has ended! To me personally it made no difference to my play style whether it was sped-up or not. Infact, it looks better now to go through the ages slowly than accelerate to CA in 1-2 weeks of starting the game and not getting to spend time in any age.