• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback New Challenges await you!

In the newest challenge (the one that happened already, that gave golden kits), do we want to rush GE or not?
If the quest are unchanged you need to finish GE4 in 48 hours. But you might want to collect the quests, so the last platform can be used to do some of the battles without loosing (10+15+20+25).
For the list of quests on beta (it has probably changed: https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/new-challenges-await-you.16639/post-171039

Edit: according to post on discord from the Japanese server, the quests have been changed a lot.

I just checked my thai world
and instead of 4 questlines at the same time there is only 1 quest o_O
They also:
  • increased the number of 24-hours production required to 95 (10+20+25+40),
  • reduced the prizes,
  • mixed the GE fighting with negotiation
  • increased the number of fights without loosing you need, while impending us from using GE to cover some of those. Total 105 (15+15+20+25+30) while making it more difficult to do it in the hood and no GbG.
  • Increased the number of AD sells. Starting with quest 18 (just so we have less time, I suppose): 2+4+6+8. With 3 slot open it's 14 hours. With 4-5 it's 10 hours. And only with 6 slot you can do it in just 8 hours. This is supposing that you have AD ready to collect when you get the first quest.

Arch1e

Marquis
I’ll give my feedback here since I closed my EN forum account because of the well known issues with how that forum was managed. Hard pass on this Rival from me, due to the increased number of tasks for a decreased level of prizes. Next time you ask somewhere for more and more specific feedback about why people maybe skipped one, just read back and consider what you’re offering against what you’re demanding in return.

Last edited:

Kronan

Viceroy
Just to be clear, the Rival we see today (and being talked about here now on the beta forum....) with GE is in LIVE, not beta. I have no Rival challenge in beta.

Right?

Kronan

Viceroy
I apologize
yes that is the live rival and not a new one on beta
so shouldn't be here
No need to apologize, my friend. All good. I just wanted to know so I could ground the post information in something I have (in live) or don't have today, in beta.
Thank you for answering my question. :Thumbsup:

angelgail

Baronet
i have a bronze age world on Y ,2nd quest ,deleat 4 units check done .donate 70 goods to treasury hahahahah good one (NOT )

Arch1e

Marquis
Just to be clear, the Rival we see today (and being talked about here now on the beta forum....) with GE is in LIVE, not beta. I have no Rival challenge in beta.

Right?
Correct, referring to the one that came live yesterday, and vastly changed from the beta version. Apologies for confusing you, however, it is relevant also for beta as, the testing server is being increasingly used to check something, and in this case I feel also to create some buzz for things that will come live eventually, but the live version then is significantly worse. Never mind that I personally didn’t bother with this, the comments I’ve seen elsewhere are not impressed.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
You didn't answer my question, @Traveler64 .

The immediate 4 posts above mine, they're talking about RIVAL this, and RIVAL that. I"m asking if the talk about RIVAL here in the BETA TOPIC should be in the LIVE topic feedback. @CrashBoom , @Arch1e , @Fury the Avenger
Just for your information. First of all let the moderating be done by moderators. Not by players, lol. Just a friendly reminder. Secondly for your information, often discussions on Beta forum are a mixture of testing and live. Where at first topics are discussed while in the Beta phase and when released compared to the Beta phase. No need to do bossy about it.
It’s often easy to figure out if it’s a discussion of comparison between Beta version or live version. If what’s discussed is just on live it’s quite obviously a discussion of comparison. If its still in beta its obviously a discussion about what’s getting tested.

Kronan

Viceroy
Just for your information. First of all let the moderating be done by moderators. Not by players, lol. Just a friendly reminder. Secondly for your information, often discussions on Beta forum are a mixture of testing and live. Where at first topics are discussed while in the Beta phase and when released compared to the Beta phase. No need to do bossy about it.
It’s often easy to figure out if it’s a discussion of comparison between Beta version or live version. If what’s discussed is just on live it’s quite obviously a discussion of comparison. If its still in beta its obviously a discussion about what’s getting tested.
Wrong and just for YOUR INFORMATION:

I take exception to you thinking I am moderating, which couldn't be further from the truth.

As well, I don't need you to call out that lest you show how foolish you are, which you've aptly done.
I asked to make sure I wasn't getting an error in my gamespace here in beta by NOT having a RIVAL here in beta yesterday, when they're all talking about it here, without REFERENCE.

You'll also know when I'm bossy - which isn't now. How dare you call me that. Maybe English isn't your first language, but I command the language easily.

@CrashBoom @Arch1e @Traveler64 ALL made it ABUNDANTLY CLEAR in their followup that it's the live RIVAL and there is no beta RIVAL at this time. That helps to ground what I see or don't see - and I haven't reported an error as to why I don't see one here in beta..

I don't care that they posted it here - I care that we all communicate where the reference for their comments are.

Last edited by a moderator:

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Although the rival’s rewards have been lessened it’s still been quite decent. Handing out both a fully levelled lab from Halloween 2023 and a winter pyramid. Basically both events minus their respective minigame but challenging quests in a small amount of time (48h). Plus the jumping pumpkin made it imo rewarding enough.
Though a remark for the larger quantity of completing 1d productions. With the highest even demanding 40x 1d productions. Giving me the impression it’s mostly aimed at veterans and well established players. Due to the major reliance on finish all supply productions. Another noticeable remark like others mentioned where the items traded in at the AD. With no “good” way to work around it, other than having as many slots available as possible. Lastly the fights… w/o GbG active during the rival it was extra hard to meet the demands. PvP arena helped out and neighbourhood-fights helped out too. However this specific timing gave me the impression this rival was a quiet case study. To collect data how players would handle the rival w/o GbG to their disposal.

Overall I still value this rival as one of the better value rivals. Despite him requiring finish all supply productions, buy many fps and made it hard to meet fighting demands. Mostly for him basically giving a way to “bypass” two entire events and their minigames. Yet collecting the big rewards of both. Mostly time and cost efficient. Would love to see him back but preferably with less significant alterations between Beta and live.

I got stuck running out of armies to fight (went through the hood, but since a loss resets the amount of fights I didnt' risk going to the top 20 in SAT which was another point of contention with many people in my guild who got their counter reset from a single loss and had to redo 20/30 fights). This would have been a lot more reasonable with the tasks split up into 4 groups as before so some of the tasks could coincide. Obviously there is a problem with the amount of task lines and the given space, but the solution was not to lump it all together to one taskline.

The lack of santas sleigh and the amount of negative changes to this rivals from beta 100% demotivated me from trying very hard to do the tasks.

There is also a very big problem when IN THE APP there is no display that the rival is even running because it only shows one task giver. He doesn't pop out of the screen saying "I'm here you dingus, come do my terrible tasks for pitiful reward". So there may be a significant portion of people who don't get on the forum, don't use discord, and had no idea it was even running at all.

In my newest city the fight stopped me from completing the whole quest line.

The problem is that with just one questline there are multiple quests that require either a set amount of time or diamonds.

The AD quests are fine if you have 8 slot, but that require a level 20 castle.
If you have less then Quest 29 require at least 2 hours. More if you have less than 4 slots. Knowing this on the first day of the challange I was forced to do exchanges every 2 hours just to open the 4th slot (the first 3 are easy: 1 defalut + 1 from castle + 1 after 5 exchanges at 2 slots). This was a city I only recently aged up from IA to open AD for this quest. But in the beta run the maximum exchanges required was 6 not 8.

The fighting is not a big issue if you can start pronto. But in this case the first one was basically after finishing GE4. If you try to save some medals on additional attempt you run the risk of not being able to hit the hood twice.

I resent that in all Rival mini chalenge the spend fp is immediatly AFTER the buy fp. It make it more difficult for no apparent reason. In event it is usually the other way around. Spend fp (sometime optional), do a couple of unrelated quests, buy fp.

BTW if you need to stock up on a few "Finish All Supply Production", just do the first 4 quest in Polynesia and then abort the settlement.