• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Halloween Event 2023

We also got a bonus 3k teeth during the event that certainly helped get most people at least an extra 500+ in points.

A lot of people are leaving because of the gvg removal, but beta is like a little sliver of all of the worlds out there, there's less of us than all the worlds combined anyway. And every server has different whales on it as xiv has documented in past events on live, although on beta we get a lot of free diamonds to push us further on events if we so choose. But I'd say that the top 5/1% is going to be higher on live than on beta because thats where the whales shine.

CrashBoom

Legend
We also got a bonus 3k teeth during the event that certainly helped get most people at least an extra 500+ in points.
that was not a bonus
they were the missing teeth from the quests

they increased the teeth from the quest so they had to give us the missing teeth from the quest with lower reward

so the correct word is: compensation

:rolleyes:

If they award extra 3300
:htooth:
in live also, no one will say against it.
all got those teeth (I hope)

so reaching gold without diamonds was not because of them :rolleyes:
(only had influence on the amount of progress needed for each league)

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
that was not a bonus
they were the missing teeth from the quests

they increased the teeth from the quest so they had to give us the missing teeth from the quest with lower reward

so the correct word is: compensation

:rolleyes:

all got those teeth (I hope)

so reaching gold without diamonds was not because of them :rolleyes:
(only had influence on the amount of progress needed for each league)
We all got the 3300 teeth. But some of us hadn't done as many quests yet, so got some of the teeth again, i think.

Ironrooster

Baronet
I finished up at 5373. Good enough for Silver and the Tarot Golden upgrade.

I think I finished the rush quests too fast, spent too many teeth on the early dungeons, and spent the keys too slowly in the beginning. So the changes along the way didn't quite work out for me getting gold.

I also blew a few teeth figuring out how to play the mini-game. But that's why I play beta.

they moved the Tarot Card Caravans golden upgrade to 4500 progress o_O
4.5 k sounds quite high if you don't know how to play the event but it should be manageable F2P easily. But if you are unconcentrated, lose two or three decks after spending already because you miscalculated max damage, it can be close.

Kronan

Viceroy
The card has four performance indicators. We were given explanations about three of them. Now they have introduced the fourth, and they say - be careful, this is important! But not a word about what it is.
Oh, and all four characteristics are random!

View attachment 10284
Juber,
I'm playing this on live ON MOBILE, and the upper right hand symbol in the triangle is SO SMALL, you cannot read it.... in fact it looks like it was made even smaller in size (and moved up a bit) than even this image that @Boo... posted...

Maybe you could have someone evaluate that...
here's what it looks like - Now imagine this image of a screenshot is about 3 times BIGGER (horizontally) than my phone, and you'll get a sense of just how small that triangle with a 1 in it - really is:

unnamed.jpg

Last edited:

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
Juber,
I'm playing this on live ON MOBILE, and the upper right hand symbol in the triangle is SO SMALL, you cannot read it.... in fact it looks like it was made even smaller in size (and moved up a bit) than even this image that @Boo... posted...

here's what it looks like - Now imagine this image of a screenshot is about 3 times BIGGER (horizontally) than my phone, and you'll get a sense of just how small that triangle with a 1 in it - really is:

View attachment 10291
Image you posted from live server is beginning version of event changes in beta.
Version conflict in live server?

Tactics triangle is missing below the fight button in live server which means there is no indicator added in that version in live.

Kronan

Viceroy
Image you posted from live server is beginning version of event changes in beta.
Version conflict in live server?

Tactics triangle is missing below the fight button in live server which means there is no indicator added in that version in live.
all good points. Sounds like they have to figure all that out. Just trying to be helpful :)

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Juber,

View attachment 10291
You should check for an update. Then all your problems are resolved :)

Titantropo

Farmer
It's easy enough to get 1 prize for free in this event. And there's a fair margin that you can mess up quite a bit while not understanding how the game works and still be ok. I believe somewhere around 5000-6000 out of the 3000 needed is possible with good choices, for free and without any incident bonuses (higher was possible on beta for reasons I'll discuss at the end).

As for understanding the game, I'll not go into it further here as if you really want to find out what you missed there's many explanations in this thread on how the game works.

But the bronze league cutoff was 3400 and that's a bit above the 3000 needed - which seems rather appropriate compared to other events and what % of people usually finish the grand prize.

Of course we got that big pile of free teeth on beta... and i think it was more than was merited as compensation for the late balance changes - particularly if you hadn't raced through the entire questline before said balance changes - I would attribute to that why I was able to hit gold easily on beta (that I hadn't quested aggressively yet and thus got both the compensation and the extra teeth from the quests) (ended at 7200 - I did buy one set of 820 teeth early in the event before the balance changes because I wanted to try things - and I think how they increased existing progress when they rebalanced the chest/grand prize costs turned out disproportionately well for me for the diamonds spent).

So perhaps absent that mass of teeth the cutoff line from bronze will be lower than the 3000 on live and that would be an indication that, like you, a lot of people weren't able to grok the game mechanics well enough to make "good enough" choices. We'll have to see on that.
So you mean we should get all the tricks and ruses from a new and complex game in... 5 minutes? That will never happen.

@Juber we are only getting teeth on live worlds (at least in my country) when we conclude each quest milestone (5, 15, etc). Is that supposed to happen? I went to the forum 12h ago, no one from support there even said a word.

nice2haveu

Baronet
I am having a big confusion.

Event in live does not giving the same feel of beta to me.

I tend to follow the tip in beta and with the final changes in beta, per dungeon used to spend 450:htooth:exactly by going with the tip advice having 8 ability cards to beat the dungeon boss.

But in live, it's making me spend more for following the tip/hint given.
It comes around 530 to 600 :htooth: per dungeon including defeating the boss.

Surprisingly, an alternative from the tip makes me to spend 450 :htooth: to defeat the boss successfully with a total 8 ( one free + 50 :htooth:cost ) ability cards in the dungeon.
When the tip says,

In Beta,
Select 'X' to outshine 'Y'
-- used to pick X and used 450 :htooth:

In Live, (my alternative)
-- picking 'Y' and used 450 :htooth:

This is surprising for me. I am not stating here like, I am following some good strategy, I just used this approach in beta, but for live server, need to make this alternative choice which gives me doubt on following the tip in the event.

ArklurBeta

Baronet
So far my spending for full dungeons is as follows: 410/335/405/520/440, so my avg is, as of now, 422.
And in no way I'm making perfect decisions (haven't played on Beta), not to mention I'm quite unlucky with those "66% chance to kill the enemy", feels like too often I get the lower/lowest dmg output. But only 5 full dungeons done, so it's a small sample.

In Beta,

This is surprising for me. I am not stating here like, I am following some good strategy, I just used this approach in beta, but for live server, need to make this alternative choice which gives me doubt on following the tip in the event.
Picking the right deck simply means you have much bigger chance to have a good card to beat the enemy, those +1/2/3 bonuses can easily mean defeating an enemy or leaving it hanging with just 1 HP. Because of the luck factor, of course one can defeat the enemy deck using the same deck (W-W, V-V, Z-Z), but avg it should and will cost more.

e2m2

Squire
I am having a big confusion.

Event in live does not giving the same feel of beta to me.

I tend to follow the tip in beta and with the final changes in beta, per dungeon used to spend 450:htooth:exactly by going with the tip advice having 8 ability cards to beat the dungeon boss.

But in live, it's making me spend more for following the tip/hint given.

Surprisingly, an alternative from the tip makes me to spend 450 :htooth: to defeat the boss successfully with a total 8 ( one free + 50 :htooth:cost ) ability cards in the dungeon.
When the tip says,

In Beta,

I find that I typically don't need to purchase 8 ability cards to beat the dungeon, thus saving some teeth.

I'm averaging 465 on one world, 382 on another world, and 373 on third world.

nice2haveu

Baronet
same_item_choices.jpg
Clearly not a bug, I know.
(Live server)

But, don't we have other items to avoid these duplicates. Shuffled the daily special and got this item. If chest reward is having that item choice, daily special giving the same item seems like not a better approach.

Yeah, no one is going to complain or feel sad for it. Just a small improvement to see different item choices in the chest rewards. It is not only for Halloween event, wherever the chest rewards appears we can put the logic to avoid this duplicate item choice appearing in either daily special or chest rewards options.