• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Halloween Event 2023

nice2haveu

Baronet
My motivation is that the author is smart and doesn’t do anything for nothing. If time and money are spent, it must be important.
I'm trying to figure out the importance of the information in the right corner.
Importance is, when live server players losing to same card type opponent and failed in the dungeon means, there is no alert or warning before that. So, if they raise support query regarding it means, support team can easily answer now like,
"Your card type is same but advantage is less when compared to opponent card type. Please check the indicator to calculate the advantage where I is starting level and III is maximum level alloted for the same card type". It solves support team problem very much as per my understanding. Technically base attack is different based on each indicator, but indicator is small when compared to the picture of zombie/Werewolves/vampire/witch. Players will easily think like same card and click fight, purely the mistake on players side but they can still raise the query to support team.

With the indicator, big question is avoided, why having different base attacks same card type available.

I don't get this trouble, but I got this similar trouble in ability cards, especially

"Madness"

- one with base power
- one with half it's base power

I was missed to notice this few times due to text is very small. Mistake is from my side too. I could have noticed before clicking fight button. But it happened. Hope, I won't repeat the same mistake in live.

MoridSecler

Farmer
Finished in Silver League but reward is not in my inventory :mad: Very disappointing after spending several hours yesterday using up teeth.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Since when? All the time (but not always) there has been the same card in the lot after the redraw.
Are you sure? My impression has been not - but obviously too late for testing on that now on beta. Remember that there's often slightly-different versions of each card.

Titantropo

Farmer
Production is meant. Wrong text.
Thanks

As for the event: I couldn't understand what the symbols on the cards meant. Why I would always lose the card, even if it where stonger than the card of the opponent, but above all, couldn't understand why I had to paid for the recommend deck to "outshine" the opponent, even if I had to pay, when I had other decks I could use for free. Or should I say I understand? It's all about the money. I've said it a few times: guarantee the prize one time for all players, and then sell extra copies of the prize, That is how things should be done. But I guess it's time to start packing to leave, sooner or later...

PS: 24h from the end of the event on beta, to the live servers? You should cut an event, or someday you won't have enough time to correct something in a future event that has a bug on the last event day on beta. But, as things go, I think we'll have 2 or 3 events at the same time.

Since when? All the time (but not always) there has been the same card in the lot after the redraw.
Maybe you just had a duplicate card available to pull. I've never gotten the same card to my dismay of spending teeth to the redraw just to realize my original card was already the best card.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Maybe you just had a duplicate card available to pull. I've never gotten the same card to my dismay of spending teeth to the redraw just to realize my original card was already the best card.
Yes! Hated that feeling. You start off going "well *that's* not what I should use for this" and then after hitting redraw instinctively and then after everything's not as good as imagined I usually look at my deck and go "****, I should've just kept the first card".

But I mean that's on me for not paying attention. It was usually something like I was playing a vampire deck and facing a medium-strong werewolf. And either shuffled away an ability I considered "too strong" for that phase or a weak zombie that wouldn't win in one hit - only to realize I had no good cards to win in one hit other than maybe those ability cards. So I should've been happy to either take a good chunk with the weak zombie or to use an ability to get by that problem card.

Yes! Hated that feeling. You start off going "well *that's* not what I should use for this" and then after hitting redraw instinctively and then after everything's not as good as imagined I usually look at my deck and go "****, I should've just kept the first card".

But I mean that's on me for not paying attention. It was usually something like I was playing a vampire deck and facing a medium-strong werewolf. And either shuffled away an ability I considered "too strong" for that phase or a weak zombie that wouldn't win in one hit - only to realize I had no good cards to win in one hit other than maybe those ability cards. So I should've been happy to either take a good chunk with the weak zombie or to use an ability to get by that problem card.
Luckily the cost is only 5 teeth but it's incredibly irritating not to be able to "undo" the redraw.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Thanks

As for the event: I couldn't understand what the symbols on the cards meant. Why I would always lose the card, even if it where stonger than the card of the opponent, but above all, couldn't understand why I had to paid for the recommend deck to "outshine" the opponent, even if I had to pay, when I had other decks I could use for free. Or should I say I understand? It's all about the money. I've said it a few times: guarantee the prize one time for all players, and then sell extra copies of the prize, That is how things should be done. But I guess it's time to start packing to leave, sooner or later...

PS: 24h from the end of the event on beta, to the live servers? You should cut an event, or someday you won't have enough time to correct something in a future event that has a bug on the last event day on beta. But, as things go, I think we'll have 2 or 3 events at the same time.

It's easy enough to get 1 prize for free in this event. And there's a fair margin that you can mess up quite a bit while not understanding how the game works and still be ok. I believe somewhere around 5000-6000 out of the 3000 needed is possible with good choices, for free and without any incident bonuses (higher was possible on beta for reasons I'll discuss at the end).

As for understanding the game, I'll not go into it further here as if you really want to find out what you missed there's many explanations in this thread on how the game works.

But the bronze league cutoff was 3400 and that's a bit above the 3000 needed - which seems rather appropriate compared to other events and what % of people usually finish the grand prize.

Of course we got that big pile of free teeth on beta... and i think it was more than was merited as compensation for the late balance changes - particularly if you hadn't raced through the entire questline before said balance changes - I would attribute to that why I was able to hit gold easily on beta (that I hadn't quested aggressively yet and thus got both the compensation and the extra teeth from the quests) (ended at 7200 - I did buy one set of 820 teeth early in the event before the balance changes because I wanted to try things - and I think how they increased existing progress when they rebalanced the chest/grand prize costs turned out disproportionately well for me for the diamonds spent).

So perhaps absent that mass of teeth the cutoff line from bronze will be lower than the 3000 on live and that would be an indication that, like you, a lot of people weren't able to grok the game mechanics well enough to make "good enough" choices. We'll have to see on that.

BritishBoy

Marquis
"We made some adjustments to the diamond prices for the teeth. They will now cost the following:
75 :htooth: cost 220 :diamond:
395 :htooth: cost 990 :diamond:
1100 :htooth: cost 2100 :diamond:"
Juber posted it just few minutes ago. Feedback for changes, could we please have a comparison of how it was before change and how it became after change. Whether it is +/- 1 fp, 1 good, 1% stats (any), dia price for event currency. Or if you bring/remove anything than compare it to 0. If it was 0 fp but became 2 than it is +2 fp. Or -3 goods. Or +150 dias per whatever package. And so on. I believe this will help to evaluate change in fully rather than just "now it has value of X" and you have no idea what was previous value. Other than that thank you, @Juber for all your hard work with announcents.

Sinitar

Regent
I believe somewhere around 5000-6000 out of the 3000 needed is possible with good choices, for free and without any incident bonuses (higher was possible on beta for reasons I'll discuss at the end).
according with my calculations and with some "IF" added minimum is 6690 + how many cards remaining after defeat the boss so max 7500

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
"We made some adjustments to the diamond prices for the teeth. They will now cost the following:
75 :htooth: cost 220 :diamond:
395 :htooth: cost 990 :diamond:
1100 :htooth: cost 2100 :diamond:"
Juber posted it just few minutes ago. Feedback for changes, could we please have a comparison of how it was before change and how it became after change. Whether it is +/- 1 fp, 1 good, 1% stats (any), dia price for event currency. Or if you bring/remove anything than compare it to 0. If it was 0 fp but became 2 than it is +2 fp. Or -3 goods. Or +150 dias per whatever package. And so on. I believe this will help to evaluate change in fully rather than just "now it has value of X" and you have no idea what was previous value. Other than that thank you, @Juber for all your hard work with announcents.
The highest one before the change was 820 teeth for 1990 diamonds (2.43 diamonds/tooth - now 1.91 diamonds/tooth). Then they doubled the amount of keys needed per chest. And tripled the amount of XP needed per grand prize.

This change is a minor tweak in the player's favor but in no way catches it up to what you could do with diamonds at the start of the event.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
  • The Upgrade Kit has been removed from the second milestone quest and the event currency milestone quests have been slightly adjusted.
  • The Grand Prizes lane has been adjusted slightly to include another upgrade kit before the level 1 Laboratory

At first I read the last line and thought "oh good, then i might not need to finish the questline without needing an extra 1200 grandprize progress" as an option to play it as a lazy-event in places. Then I read the line above it "Oh, the "extra" upgrade is a needed replacement for the now-missing milestone upgrade." So everyone needs 3600 progress now instead. And it still takes an extra 1200 to bail on the questline early :p

It's "fine" for me, but that does mean some people's bronze performance on beta would be insufficient to complete the lab on live. And since I thought live might struggle a bit more anyways, that's concerning. Also curious what the adjusted milestone teeth amounts are. But it really doesn't matter - it is what it is and will find out tomorrow anyways.

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
At first I read the last line and thought "oh good, then i might not need to finish the questline without needing an extra 1200 grandprize progress" as an option to play it as a lazy-event in places. Then I read the line above it "Oh, the "extra" upgrade is a needed replacement for the now-missing milestone upgrade." So everyone needs 3600 progress now instead. And it still takes an extra 1200 to bail on the questline early :p

It's "fine" for me, but that does mean some people's bronze performance on beta would be insufficient to complete the lab on live. And since I thought live might struggle a bit more anyways, that's concerning. Also curious what the adjusted milestone teeth amounts are. But it really doesn't matter - it is what it is and will find out tomorrow anyways.
I think most people will be going for the Tarot Card Caravans at 3900 progress anyways, so it shouldn't make too much of a difference. 3600 progress is only about 18 dungeons, if you don't spend teeth in the other ones and play the daily challenges.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I think most people will be going for the Tarot Card Caravans at 3900 progress anyways, so it shouldn't make too much of a difference. 3600 progress is only about 18 dungeons, if you don't spend teeth in the other ones and play the daily challenges.
But evidence is that the bronze cutoff on beta was 3400. Well short of 3900 - and short of 3600. And I think the compensation for the rebalances on beta outweighed the impact of them. So regardless of what *can* be done (which I agree, is fine), I expect a lot of people who play the whole event to come up short because they didn't do it well enough.

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
But evidence is that the bronze cutoff on beta was 3400. Well short of 3900 - and short of 3600. And I think the compensation for the rebalances on beta outweighed the impact of them. So regardless of what *can* be done (which I agree, is fine), I expect a lot of people who play the whole event to come up short because they didn't do it well enough.
But don't forget, that we have a lot of people here on beta, that just look how the event works and don't actually finish it. So I would say the average here on beta is actually lower than how it will be on live :)