• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Speedup of Early Eras test

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
The point is it's a technology that inno decided was a fair point in time to take the training wheels off and expose players to PvP.

Personally I preferred when we were exposed from the start - the best time to enjoy plundering is at the start of a new world.

But it doesn't exist to let you "opt out" of a feature that requires everyone to be in to have enough participants for those who are interested in it - it exists to protect the dumbest newbie from entering into a rage before they have any understanding of the game.

Being exposed to neighborhood PvP is a core feature of the game - you do not get to opt out of it. If they did let people opt out of it, they may as well just remove it entirely (but then they'd have to find new bonuses for a number of old plunder-oriented buildings from galata for prevention to voyager v1 and atlantis museum that try to make it more rewarding).
I agree. But my only intention is, If a player doesn't wish to consider plunder feature due to their religious reasons, game is not providing any option for it. An act of looting is prohibited in many religions (from ancient times to till today). A game should have option to go with and without that nature of concern. Just for this reason, I am looking for this. That's all.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I agree. But my only intention is, If a player doesn't wish to consider plunder feature due to their religious reasons, game is not providing any option for it. An act of looting is prohibited in many religions (from ancient times to till today). A game should have option to go with and without that nature of concern. Just for this reason, I am looking for this. That's all.
It's a game. You're not really stealing, you're playing a game. I'm pretty sure we all consider murder wrong, but people play first person shooters for fun.

And they still have the option to turn the other cheek if they really try to extend religion to gameplay.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
It's a game. You're not really stealing, you're playing a game.

And they still have the option to turn the other cheek if they really try to extend religion to gameplay.
Game can be playing using mobile too. Any kids can also play it. They cannot get motivate on those things.
If their parent are following strict rules of religions and and game silently introducing a defect in their family with these things.
Even for adults, it should not be given as a option if they are bound with rules under religions.
Can say like game, what if they steal from a real house and felt more happy doing it and root cause for that is forge of empire game plundering option encouraging them.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
and many even say it is a war game
and in war games you get attacked and lose things

and it is only one production
in Grepolis (also from InnoGames) you are losing the whole city

but which religion allows you to attack anybody ?

in ancient times the most crime was commited in the name of the religion
so simple, every religion has something referred as god level power and it will destroy something with evil power. But in the game, every battle is performed with soldier (army units), so it won't go as individual attack/kill on anybody. If the option given to attack the player with profile icon of player in the battle screen, then it should be prohibited too. Should not give individual attack performance feel or guidance. It should not happen.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Game can be playing using mobile too. Any kids can also play it. They cannot get motivate on those things.
If their parent are following strict rules of religions and and game silently introducing a defect in their family with these things.
Even for adults, it should not be given as a option if they are bound with rules under religions.
Can say like game, what if they steal from a real house and felt more happy doing it and root cause for that is forge of empire game plundering option encouraging them.
I think there's far more obvious occasions of games that "encourage" criminal behavior. And yea, kids play them too even when many of them are rated that they shouldn't. It's up to their parents to provide the restrictions needed.

For that matter even if you couldn't plunder, does that mean you should take a bunch of guns and take your friends to go fight over a stupid island? (GBG)

Or go ransack aboriginal temples? (GE)

You don't get to blame video games for aberrant RL behavior. (And if you do, the amount of video games you get to play are close to nil).

CrashBoom

Legend
back to the topic
with this speedup and the soccer event (giving thousands of FP and goods) a player on live could jump to progressive era in one or two weeks

o_O

Emberguard

Emperor
of course the Colonial Age has a transition to require more at the end of the research again, so there is a curve. Before, it was very linear, now it stays very low up until early Colonial Age with a steeper increase there towards the end.
So does that mean steep transition is seen as better than linear or scaled difficulty?

Prior to this test usually the players that complained the most about game speed being too slow, did so somewhere between Colonial Age and Modern Era by saying it’s slower than the beginner Ages.…. So presumably you’ve now made the game speed slowdown even more pronounced at the exact same spot players were already complaining about speed slowing down. With Modern Era obviously introducing Refined Goods

I have no issues with adjusting the research to require less of us. Given the sheer quantity of Ages in the game I see merit in the idea and am all for it. But I’ve got to agree with @xivarmy that it’s most likely going to feel like a wall to brand new players if we stop those changes at Colonial Age and don’t continue those changes for subsequent Ages or make it a more gradual curve at the tail end

This of course doesn’t address any other issues that may arise as a consequence of blitzing through the techtree such as Events perhaps scaling too hard, or not having sufficient boosts to do any fighting…. Which I would hope isn’t a bigger issue than the techtree speed.

The alternative would be to flip it around. Instead of changing the scaling of the absolute beginning, change the scaling from Colonial Age and above

If a player doesn't wish to consider plunder feature due to their religious reasons,

Then I would be questioning why they log into the game at all if that’s their reasoning. Or are they cherry picking when fantasy gets religious beliefs applied to it, along with which ones?

You wouldn’t be able to watch or play ANY entertainment media if that’s your stance. Not even card games as you’d have to apply that same scrutiny to it of religious absolutes applied to fantasy without any of the context or intent of the actual religious beliefs

An act of looting is prohibited in many religions

Yeah… you, not everyone around you.

They already don’t have to participate in plundering. That’s called don’t attack the neighbor..… You abstaining from plunder and expecting that to make you exempt from being plundered would be like walking into a pub and complaining they serve other people alcohol because you don’t drink and can smell it on peoples breath

back to the topic
with this speedup and the soccer event (giving thousands of FP and goods) a player on live could jump to progressive era in one or two weeks

o_O

Players were already doing that or pretty close to it prior to the test back when Anniversary Event was released.

Owl II

Emperor
Prior to this test usually the players that complained the most about game speed being too slow, did so somewhere between Colonial Age and Modern Era by saying it’s slower than the beginner Ages.…. So presumably you’ve now made the game speed slowdown even more pronounced at the exact same spot players were already complaining about speed slowing down. With Modern Era obviously introducing Refined Goods
No matter what modern introduces there. This part of the game has long been lost. Devs may have wanted to complicate the game after the modern 10 years ago. But chateau + arc made equal all ages.;)

Emberguard

Emperor
But chateau + arc made equal all ages.;)
For those that use them, absolutely. New players tend to still try to use Goods buildings for that, which I would have to assume to be the main target market for these changes. Players going for Chateau + Arc already know what they're doing and would know how to gather the resources much faster, while those using Goods buildings are going to be a lot more frustrated by the pace of collecting from Goods buildings

Last edited:

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
For those that use them, absolutely. New players tend to still try to use Goods buildings for that, which I would have to assume to be the main target market for these changes. Players going for Chateau + Arc already know what they're doing and would know how to gather the resources much faster, while those using Goods buildings are going to be a lot more frustrated by the pace of collecting from Goods buildings
Others could leave out of frustration from getting plundered empty. By 10+ players daily. Effectively disabling their growth. Another cause of rage quitting early players. Delayed PvP to EMA could soften this but wouldn't realistically prevent it. Especially when campers getting involved.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Others could leave out of frustration from getting plundered empty. By 10+ players daily
This does not happen anymore. I don't know if *10* players ever happened. But it's extremely rare there's more than 2 plunderers in a hood anymore. 0 is most common.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
They already don’t have to participate in plundering. That’s called don’t attack the neighbor..… You abstaining from plunder and expecting that to make you exempt from being plundered would be like walking into a pub and complaining they serve other people alcohol because you don’t drink and can smell it on peoples breath
It's like after marriage getting to know your partner is a murderer which you didn't even expected it. You cannot reverse anything and forced to live like that. Some people are dumb, some are adamant, some are egoistic, some are calm, some are polite etc...something cannot match everyone.

I just asked to see the game floating age by age without plunder option. By this, diamond farmers too visit the remaining ages of the game instead staying in the iron age.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
It's like after marriage getting to know your partner is a murderer which you didn't even expected it. You cannot reverse anything and forced to live like that. Some people are dumb, some are adamant, some are egoistic, some are calm, some are polite etc...something cannot match everyone.

I just asked to see the game floating age by age without plunder option. By this, diamond farmers too visit the remaining ages of the game instead staying in the iron age.
Diamond farmers have *zero* reason to worry about being plunder-proof. Their wells already can't be plundered, and they need very little aid to cover what can be that they might choose to run.

They just use it as an excuse to not go further because they didn't really want to anyways "wouldn't it be funny if i couldn't be plundered?"

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
This does not happen anymore. I don't know if *10* players ever happened. But it's extremely rare there's more than 2 plunderers in a hood anymore. 0 is most common.
That's called: confirmation bias. It definitely does happened and still happens frequently in lower ages. Where players getting plundered more than at least 4x daily. Well developed cities hardly see attacks incoming, let alone plundered. It's common to see this downplayed but in reality it definitely does cause newbies to (rage) quit. They don't know about the power of GB's or the potential events yield, to make their cities plunder "prove." Unless they're social and binding with experienced players willing to tutor them.

I didn't plunder at all until...I got to SAAB and the game wouldn't let me collect from the mars asteroids anymore so I had to build the 3x3s....but guess what people in my hood gave me hundreds more mars ore than I could ever produce. You can't plunder the boats, you cant plunder the colonies, and you can't keep collecting the special goods after you age up even though it's required for tech, independence my $$$!!

For the early ages it really isn't necessary to plunder, an then when you get the shateu it becomes more of a waste of time to attack everyone in the hood and then watch over them until their stuff comes up. Some guy from my hood somehow caught me in the 30 minutes in the middle of the night I had my city up but luckily he got some FP building an not my mars ores....

Plus you get the battlestar galatica tower in EMA right? Its unlimited uses but a good percent that the goods arn't stolen.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
That's called: confirmation bias. It definitely does happened and still happens frequently in lower ages. Where players getting plundered more than at least 4x daily. Well developed cities hardly see attacks incoming, let alone plundered. It's common to see this downplayed but in reality it definitely does cause newbies to (rage) quit. They don't know about the power of GB's or the potential events yield, to make their cities plunder "prove." Unless they're social and binding with experienced players willing to tutor them.
I play lower age cities semi-regularly. Not always well developed. Plundering is rare. The motivation isn't there for well-developed cities to engage in it - they have more than enough of what they need anyways - and most of the hood doesn't have much worth stealing. And the knowledge isn't there for most underdeveloped cities to engage in it. It's a lot of work to hit a significant chunk of a hood when you're not yet well developed.

While I don't doubt that sometimes newbies quit over plundering, 10 people plundering someone daily just does not happen - back in the day there was sometimes hoods with 3 or 4 and usually 1 or 2. These days... nowhere near that.

My most plundered city atm is on US-Dilmun where I'm basically a free meal to some of the hood as i'm in the top hood extending up into space ages and i'm currently in OF. I have a couple set buildings and a bunch of terrace farms so there's lots of targets. I don't collect super-promptly. And I lose maybe 2 building collections a week.

My iron/ema cities don't see many hostile visitors and i'm not even sure if I have a defense set in some of them - and often go days between collection.

It's possible things are different in other regions? But finding a hood where 10 people will hit you in one day on US realms? That'd be quite the unicorn!

I have to agree. I actively play on 5 worlds on the US server. 3 LMA, 1 INDY, 1 SAT. I don't keep track but I 'm sure that I haven't been plundered more than a few dozen times in the three years that I have been playing (and I'm not OCD about collecting on time). I don't feel that plundering is much of a thing these days.