• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback XenForo Feedback thread

Sovereign

Inhouse Community Manager
Hi guys,

Please leave any feedback about the new XenoForo changes implemented here. Please feel free to add anything you like here, as well as suggestions for style changes.

Thanks

The Beta Team

DeletedUser5608

Thank you for keeping the old style Forge of Empires logo on the new forum - it really looks so much better (and more appropriate than the new one we are currently seeing in-game.

EDIT: OK, i withdraw my thanks - i guess the old style logo has gone :( :( :(

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2752

next bit of feedback - how do i edit a post??
I don't know if you have the option, but I am able to do so at the lower-left corner of a post:
Cet69aZ.png

My guides are completely messed up btw, so please use the EN forums until further notice:
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/forumdisplay.php?75-Best-Guides

DeletedUser5608

so the 'ordinary player' cannot edit or delete their own posts?
byeordie, you are going to be kept really busy tidying up everyone's mistakes for them then, lol - good luck with that!

DeletedUser4256

I like the new forum overall
However I miss the 'Forum tools' menu (mark, search, rate), i.e. you cannot mark a specific forum read, now you can only mark all forums read or none

DeletedUser

Try out the "New Posts" feature. That's what I actually use to link into the XenForo forums.

It works like a charm, and on the next go around the messages that you didn't look at will still be there, but below the bar.

DeletedUser2752

Try out the "New Posts" feature. That's what I actually use to link into the XenForo forums.

It works like a charm, and on the next go around the messages that you didn't look at will still be there, but below the bar.
The old forum works the same way...
XU1YaOd.png

DeletedUser

You could not use "New Posts" as your direct link into the vBulletin forums, so the XenForo arrangement allows you to save a step. Overall, it seems to be much smoother.

Speaking to the original point, I seldom use the Mark Forum Read button in the XenForo forums, unless I've been gone for several days and don't have the time to wade through a lot of older messages.

DeletedUser5746

when i go with double-klick of the green crown, they stay green, at not gray :(

DeletedUser

Then we're both happy. For whatever reason the vBulletin software would not let me link directly.

We seem to concur that entering directly onto the New Posts page is a very effective approach for frequent readers.

DeletedUser5800

Thank you for keeping the old style Forge of Empires logo on the new forum - it really looks so much better (and more appropriate than the new one we are currently seeing in-game.

You spoke to soon.

DeletedUser5268

Not being able to edit your own posts is crazy lol

Hmm I can edit this one, is it timed then? If so, how long do you have to edit?

Edited again to say never mind then :p

Ugh pink emojis suck.

Sovereign

Inhouse Community Manager
Post editing, leave with me. You guys should have it, I need to mess with permissions to give it. I'm pretty new to Xeno, so bear with me :)

The logo has changed, yes. The new logo is the one being used going forward throughout the game.

Monty2

Farmer
When pushing the "Open Forum" button in the game, I get this message: ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED.

However, when using the arrow in the announcement message, I can enter the forum that way ...

DeletedUser

When pushing the "Open Forum" button in the game, I get this message: ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED.

However, when using the arrow in the announcement message, I can enter the forum that way ...

We are working on updating the in-game url link to the forum.