• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Not A Bug: Wrong total amount of points earned in a battle

Cleitomachus

Marquis
Troubleshooting
Yes
In a specific battle in the Guild Battlegrounds with a specific unit composition, the battle points awarded are not the correct ones. This is a 2 waves battle with this composition: 4 Longbow archers and 4 Heavy knights in the first wave and 2 Longbow archers in the second wave ( I'm in the Late Middle Ages). The total number of points we earn is always 2880.
I think these points are less than we should receive.
This only happens in this specific battle with the above unit composition. And it has been happening for quite some time now, I just decided now to let you know.
Because my English is not so good, I have made a video of this battle, for you. You can see it now because I will delete it when this issue is ended.

Browser or App version and version number
Windows 10, 64 bit, 1909/Firefox 81.0.1 - 64 bit/HTML5 version
Recreation steps
Doing a battle in the GB with the specific units.
Frequency
Always
Urgency
A minor bug
Can this be reproduced?
Always happened with the specific composition of units in the 2 wave battle as above described.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
I heard that two wave battle points calculation is 2x the amount of what the second wave is worth - the first wave is completely ignored. It is not fair in most two wave battles, but that is the way Inno decided to do it...

Cleitomachus

Marquis
I heard that two wave battle points calculation is 2x the amount of what the second wave is worth - the first wave is completely ignored. It is not fair in most two wave battles, but that is the way Inno decided to do it...
I do not speak about this...
All the two-wave battles give a total amount of points at the second wave (first wave=0). This is not a problem. The problem of this specific battle is that the final number of points is wrong. It should be more than 4.000... Not 2880!

Last edited:

CrashBoom

Legend
I do not speak about this...
All the two-wave battles give a total amount of points at the second wave (first wave=0). This is not a problem. The problem of this specific battle is that the final number of points is wrong. It should be about 4.000... more or less...
actually that is the problem

I heard that two wave battle points calculation is 2x the amount of what the second wave is worth

long bow archer: 600 points. 720 if your city is enthusiastic

defeat 2 of them in 2nd wave without getting damage in the 2nd wave = 1440
2nd wave is doubled = 2880 points

it is not possible to reach 4000 with the "inno math" for it

Cleitomachus

Marquis
"Not A Bug" is not a complete answer in this case. If "Not A Bug" then, what?
I think, I deserve an answer from someone in charge.
You know that with this indifference you discourage players from looking for bugs?

Last edited:

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
"Not A Bug" is not a complete answer in this case. If "Not A Bug" then, what?
I think, I deserve an answer from someone in charge.
"behaving as intended" would be term you are searching for...

Just because you do not like the way Inno calculates your battle points does not make it wrong/incorrect. At some point they decided to do it that way - maybe there even have been some constraints so they had to do it this way (at the time).

Changing it now would not be fair to players that have been playing the game for longer, as it most likely will not be possible to calculate all points retroactively.

On the other hand, the way it is currently calculated may not be "correct", but it is fair in the sense of every player is playing under the same conditions.

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
Apologies, I didn't respond because the answers here perfectly explained it. The first wave you receive no battle points at all, the second wave results are doubled to give you your battle points. So what you are seeing is correct and intended.

Last edited:

Cleitomachus

Marquis
It seems that no one understands what I am saying, from the beginning.
I have no problem with how points and waves are calculated. I say that in this specific battle with these specific units the sum of the points is wrong, while in all the other battles it is right.
The number 2880 is wrong for these 10 killed units (4 Heavy Knights+6 Longbow Archers). That's exactly what I'm saying!
Can this be understood?

Cleitomachus

Marquis
it is wrong in all 2 wave battles where the 2nd wave has less units than the first
If this is the case in all 2 wave battles, then it is wrong in all battles... and because of this it is a «Big Bug»! (I was thinking until now, that the results of the 1st and 2nd wave just were added... as the logic says)

Last edited:

Emberguard

Emperor
1602667462895.png

((600x2) x2) x1.2 = max 2,880 battle points (not counting damages deducted from your side)

IF there's a bug it'd be because 140 battle points weren't deducted from the troops you defeated.

@Dudettas do you know of any reason in this scenario why the Rogue being damaged wouldn't deduct points from the score? Or am I calculating it wrong?

CrashBoom

Legend
do you know of any reason in this scenario why the Rogue being damaged wouldn't deduct points from the score?
because that unit was already damaged when the 2nd wave started

and damage points are only deducted when that happen during the fight
not when the units was damaged before
(and 2 wave battles ignore the first wave)

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
It seems that no one understands what I am saying, from the beginning.
You say, you want battle points for all 10 units defeated. Correct?
That is why I told you (twice) that in two-wave battles the points are calculated only taking the second wave battle into account - taken by 2.

If you mean something different, please find the correct words for it - repeating the same thing over and over is not helpful in cases where you were misunderstood.

If this is the case in all 2 wave battles, then it is wrong in all battles!
And again - although it is not logical, it is not "wrong" as long as the calculation is intended this way for any reason (as was stated multiple times)

Emberguard

Emperor
because that unit was already damaged when the 2nd wave started

and damage points are only deducted when that happen during the fight
not when the units was damaged before
(and 2 wave battles ignore the first wave)
That would explain it. Thankyou :)

Cleitomachus

Marquis
And one last frase...
You should know - the inspirers of this calculation - that the fact that this applies to everyone, does not make it less absurd. It is clear that you steal points from the players.