• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Would you keep playing if the Space Hub is the last age?

Would you keep playing?

• Yes

Votes: 17 40.5%
  • For a while

Votes: 17 40.5%
  • No

Votes: 8 19.0%

• Total voters
I know a lot of people camp in the lower ages, but there's always the lure there of going up to a higher age. Something new. Although every space age has just been a copy and paste each time. Then there's the moral blow of, well if inno doesn't care about the game to keep developing it, why should I keep playing? You get to the end of the game, there's still little fun stuff to do here and there or replay it for different effects, but eventually you get bored and move on.

Who knows, maybe the space hub is just letting people go back to SAM-SAT colonies, maybe SAT is the last true age.

Emberguard

Emperor
I’m not in Space yet, so for me I would have no reason to quit for quite some time on the basis of Ages released.

Once I’m in Space Age Hub it’ll depend on what exactly it is. It needs to have enough to it that it doesn’t feel like there’s nothing more to accomplish if it‘s aiming to be longterm and not get there and quit. Cause really that’s what usually causes people to quit. When they no longer have anything more they want to accomplish, or feel it’s already completed and there’s nothing more to accomplish

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
A lot would depend on how well they set it up probably. If it's going to be forever the last age it needs some more depth than your typical age. Something to keep working towards that won't get old too fast.

There's also always starting over on new worlds though if the last age is just a giant bummer but I want to play more. The journey on a new world is often where most of my fun comes from these days anyways.

Harold Nat

Squire
Baking Sudoku Master
Hard to give an answer. I'm guessing/hoping it will be the last space age, in that case I'd keep playing. If they announce that there will be no more ages at all, then I guess I would quit.

ArklurBeta

Baronet
The question is very simplified.
As long as there is interesting content added to the game, I would likely keep playing. I'm not playing alone just for the new ages as there is hardly any meaning to the new ages. After unlocking the last tech, "furniture the city/colony", get used to the new units...it's the same as before. The meaning of a new age completely lost its relevance after giving people a ton of event buildings. Look at the "top" players' cities, you can barely tell in which age are they in, in most cases the only thing separates a top SAT player from a TOP PE players is the size of the city and the Town Hall, otherwise the cities look pretty much the same. As in, there are no age-specific buildings but GBs and event buildings.

In other words, if there would be a last age but Inno still released new GBs, it would be almost identical what is happening now.
Create interesting events, provide ways to compete with others, etc.

Last edited:

Arch1e

Marquis
It would depend on how interesting the Age is and whether it’s just another copy paste or actually brings new concepts, like Titan has done. Not being able to just blast through the era in a month and then settling in for 11 months of increasing boredom is extremely welcome. I play the game for the social part of it as much as for my own development now so as long as there is some interest and the people I play with keep going, I’m fine. That does mean no new worlds though, I’m not that interested to go back to slogging it out anymore.

Willy.

Farmer
I would keep playing, but I would invest a lot less time into the game. Probably, I would just collect FPs and dump them on GBs.

Furun Katte

Farmer
Why doesn't the next age involve starting on a new planet orbiting a distant star. there colonists would start again from scratch after a disastrous landing where they lose all technology. then inno could re-use all the terrestrial ages e.g. Stone Age to VF with minimal tweaks to create an ’Alien’ aesthetic.

Zio Dyhos

Farmer
The game needs to innovate in many of the mechanics, it is already being done in the Guild Battlegrounds, but there is still a lot left, needing goods to raise the levels of the new GES is already a dynamic that is here to stay, with this, new ones will come.

palpatine21

Farmer
I don't know English well, so what I'm going to write was translated by google translate. If the next final season remains they will have to change the whole game. let the final researches be permanent but since we are in space you can colonize new planets. and for each planet to have its own culture and its own buildings, as for example it also happens in the world of star wars where the planet Nabbo had a different culture and Coruscant and so on.
so that the battles change when you go to conquer a planet or solar system so that you alone can attack planets with an alien civilization and first destroy them in the air outside the planet with the corresponding graphics of course, or you can land on the planet in many areas and to conquer it little by little....
so yes, the game will change completely and we will leave the changes of the seasons. we are reaching the end of research but the road is opening to colonize new planets. now, how far the idea in question will progress, I don't know, but then, yes, there would be a lot of people interested in this change. but I'm afraid that innogames got tired of this game and wants to end it.....

Also something he would be interested in is opening new worlds. For example, on the Greek server we have 5 worlds and the 5th world was opened about 7 years ago and the company has never thought about opening a new world to renew what interests the players.

Thunderdome

Emperor
It'll probably be a decade for me due to me working constantly in real life (10-12 hour days across 5-6 days a week; yeah, I use my Sundays to rest so I can do it all over again come Monday, lol) and being about half-way through the ages (still at Tomorrow).

Either that or the game shutting down because of no more players by that time....