• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Worse age for camping

What's the worse age to stay in for at least 1yr or longer?

• IA

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • EMA

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • HMA

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LMA

• Col. Era

• Ind.Era

• Prog.Era

• ME

• PME

• CE

• Tomorrow

• FE

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • AF

• OF

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • VF

• SA:M

• SA:AB

• SA:V

• SA:JM

• SA:T

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Any age where you don't have a good reason you are staying there! (That good reason could be as simple as you like the troops in that age - or could be something more strategic).

Personally my biggest "get me out of here!" ages would be BA, HMA, ME, PME, FE, SAAB. But I can't claim these are for some objective truth or anything - it just pertains to how I like to play.

BA is missing too many features these days. Not worth the time other than to say you did it.

HMA is in the midst of stupidly quick ages with no unique perk I really appreciate. I could stay in IA (cheapest unbirthday), EMA (trivial easy arena fights). Or get to LMA (cheapest unbirthday with 2 RQ slots), Colonial (Most effective age-ahead light unit for cider gardens), or Industrial/PE (Hovers/Turtles from story). All with little difference in terms of time to get there.

IA, EMA, and LMA could've still probably made the list now too given the qualifier is "at least a year" - I'd mostly imagine a month or two in them in some strategies. But at least they have some unique perks that *maybe* I'd choose them for a longer camp depending on my goals and strategy.

ME is just worse-PE in many respects. and PME I'd rather just move to CE.

TE might've made the list but I do find a bit of joy in playing with its units - <3 Combat Drones. So there's some possibility I camp there for fun as a change of pace from other worlds.

FE I've always loathed. I loathed it when it was all railguns and i loathe it now that it's all hover tanks. I know I'm in an extreme minority on this. I'd rather either stay in TE or be moving on up to get through the AF/OF block.

AF might've made the list except its an age you might have to get through, and if you're playing a world lazily and forgetting the ship for long periods of time that might well take over a year. Not a place I'd *want* to be in for over a year, but a place I might be on a side-world.

SAAB is in the same boat as FE for me. I do not like ages where there's just a single clearly superior unit.

My votes went to FE and SAAB as the ages I'd least want to camp.