• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: Winter event: Happy new year mission

RedRed

Viceroy
World, Browser and Version: 1.16.19921 (06.12.2013 9:21), RedRed (58287), zz1, en_US, WIN 11,9,900,170, Windows 7, Chrome/31.0.1650.63, 1366x642, Legacy
Overview of the bug: "Happy new year" mission tells me to sell a confectionary, but I don't have a confectionary...
Screenshots:
wbx7ww.png

How often this occurs: every time
Urgency: before the January, 2nd ;)
Preventative Actions:
Summary:
I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: yes, nothing found
Have you tried fixing it by using these methods?: yes, nothing changes

DeletedUser

I've just submitted a support ticket for the same reason. Quests in the past have offered an alternative if there is a possibility a player can't fulfil the requirements of a quest.

DeletedUser

Same problem.

Maybe it's not a bug ? But it will really great to have a final gift when we finished winter quests, even if we don't have already a confectionary to trade with this new...
Like for the Halloween quests with the graveyard where we could have a new and better graveyard if we get already one simple, or just a simple when we had nothing =)

DeletedUser4403

Same issue here... I do have the winter market. Curious if I can sell that and it counts, but I'm not one to delete an incorrect building and lose it forever (or until next year's event when I can win it again..).

It would be another issue altogether if you could cancel/abort/skip the quest, but you cannot do that either.

Any suggestions? Do we simply wait for a response to all of the support tickets submitted? Or anyone have an idea that works?

DeletedUser

It would be another issue altogether if you could cancel/abort/skip the quest, but you cannot do that either.
and what difference would it make if you could abort that quest ??

it is the last one :p

conqueror9

Regent
I read it again

It is a special test

only for those who has confectionary

test : a Larger confectionary

possible bug is in the 18 Gift boxes, they allow u to have 18 confectionary....so ....u must get 1 for the test

Yang10

Marquis
Technically they allow you to have an infinite amount of confectionaries (taking it, getting shuffle later; taking it again, getting shuffle later; etc.). But, well, we ALL most surely know that's imposible without luck (even though statistics make it posible).
I guess this discussion has come to an end, but I do agree with heybo about cancelling the quest (after all, if you can't do it, then it only takes you space you need, like the left arrow in the tech tree, at least in small screens), with Myo-Zhotis about giving us the posibility to have a secure reward after all we've been through, because some people haven't gotten anything special out of this; for them it was only a waste of time and energy.
Last year quests were marvelous. You would get rewarded for every mission line you'd get, and that was the best. After all, we got the graveyard with Halloween, the NORMAL confectionary & the nutcracker with Christmas, the tree of love with Valentine's Day, the King and the trophy with the Anniversary and the sundial with Summer. We even got eggs in Easter to buy whatever we wanted, and I am positive everyone got, at least, 50 eggs (the minimum to buy at the ....., as I recall).
I sincerely hope FoE keeps that tradition, it's the best one they have. :)
Greetings! Yang10.

Last edited:

RedRed

Viceroy
Same problem.
Maybe it's not a bug ? But it will really great to have a final gift when we finished winter quests, even if we don't have already a confectionary to trade with this new...
Like for the Halloween quests with the graveyard where we could have a new and better graveyard if we get already one simple, or just a simple when we had nothing =)
Like for the graveyard in the halloween quest, I'm expecting this dialog for anyone that already have the confectionary, and another dialog that give us as reward the confectionary for anyone that do not have it. :)

DeletedUser

hello, I have the same problem, did not find a confectionary in my inventory
and there is no alternative.
I hope you can help me with this,
greeting Femmke

DeletedUser4041

I have opened a ticket and they put the confectionary building in my inventory. I've been able then to build it and sell it, but at the end I got a window with this message:

Cattura-1.jpg

What does it mean?
Clicking on "Collect reward" made the window to disappear, but I do not think I've got any reward.

Sovereign

Inhouse Community Manager
This should be optional, or an alternative should be offered. I'll report it. If you're having problems with this mission, submit a ticket, and I'll give you one to sell.

RedRed

Viceroy
Thank you Sovereign :)

I have opened a ticket and they put the confectionary building in my inventory. I've been able then to build it and sell it, but at the end I got a window with this message:

View attachment 582

What does it mean?
Clicking on "Collect reward" made the window to disappear, but I do not think I've got any reward.
I can confirm this, I suppose is another little bug...

DeletedUser4273

The following:

View attachment 582

What does it mean?
Also experienced for me on Dunarsund, pseudo "JuniorDiFranco".
R, JDF

conqueror9

Regent

View attachment 582

What does it mean?

some 1 say he sell confectioary twice and quest completed ...

DeletedUser

Sorry to revive this topic, i have a curiosity: the quest about selling a confectionary will offer an alternative on the other servers? I have asked the local community for about 3 days now and still no answer. If it is not offering an alternative, all the players will have to make a ticket to support? Thank you for your time.

DeletedUser2752

I think what was suppose to happen was that we are suppose to use the last day's prize to try and win the confectionary in order to complete the quest, but I can't be certain.

DeletedUser

I dont think so. Sovereign offered one and said that should be an option for the rest of the users without a confectionery. At the previous event, halloween, we had to sell the cemetery OR delete 3 buildings. I was asking if this error was corrected on international servers after the problem on beta, but i dont receive an answer with just 3 hours to go until the last mission. Anyway, happy new year to all!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sovereign

Inhouse Community Manager
This was not a bug. At the time, when in Beta, it was considered one. The quest was optional.