• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Winter Event 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser4285

They create buildings like that so they can show us that they do so much for us :p

DeletedUser6705

You wouldn't believe how many people never read any text at all.
If a pop-up would come up in-game saying "click here to collect free 1,000 diamonds", an insane majority will just click the x to close it without reading.

A quest says, if you have one in your inventory, build your graveyard now!
Next day the forum is flooded with complaints that they didn't get the chance to upgrade theirs.

Forget about reading through the wall of text that comes with an event announcement.

I also don't pity these people. If you don't even take the trouble to read the event description, it's your own fault for missing those stars. But it doesn't change that it's still a fact that it happens.

Part of that immunity to texts might well be due to the amount of "junk" we get rammed down our throats. I agree with you, players SHOULD have seen the announcement about the graveyards, and I am sure a lot more of them would have if there was less junk about anything from YouTube, Instagram, Twitter and any other antisocial media around

DeletedUser730

You guys need to realize that there were thousands of players that never knew that you got 10 stars a day just for clicking the start button. Of course, active forum users know, and now only argue from their point of view, but with this change, every player will get the free stars they're entitled to without any extra effort.
Sure with some math you can calculate that you're missing out on 20-30 stars now, but many other players will receive a few hundred more than they did before.
So I don't mind this change.

Yeah, cause people saw that when pressing start, 10 stars get added to their total, but didn't know that pressing start does that, right? Using this logic, how are you supposed to know that residential buildings give you coins? It's simply a bad decision, and that's that.

DeletedUser6645

Alright you want to do something different for this years winter event and that's cool. Maybe tweaking it a bit, sure. Just like other events we, the beta players, give loads of comments and feedback... oh just 4 pages of feedback hmmm not that much feedback...

Of course you're going to take all the feedback into account and do your thing anyway. Anyways trying to say 10 stars on shuffle is easier than 10 stars out of townhall. I am talking about practicalities of playing the game; you know real life and stuff to do, that enable us to log in multiple times a day or maybe just once on time during this event.

Whilest I get the impression you guys have different reasons for changing stuff around. I'm just guessing maybe you guys want to streamline the events a bit more so that they are comparable and see which events rake in the diamonds sales. May we get to know what the reasons are for changing the winterevent?

DeletedUser7454

I think I like that stars are added to the Town Hall versus needing to collect them by shuffling - frankly many did not realized that it worked that way.

The only thing I would suggest to follow up with the pattern of the autumn event and have stars hidden in the wilderness when aiding players. Like catching fallen stars. And it doesn't have to be a lot -- can be 1 star for aiding and 1 star hidden -- just like the apples were. It would be in spirit of the season to help each other.

DeletedUser5097

Alright you want to do something different for this years winter event and that's cool. Maybe tweaking it a bit, sure. Just like other events we, the beta players, give loads of comments and feedback... oh just 4 pages of feedback hmmm not that much feedback...

Of course you're going to take all the feedback into account and do your thing anyway. Anyways trying to say 10 stars on shuffle is easier than 10 stars out of townhall. I am talking about practicalities of playing the game; you know real life and stuff to do, that enable us to log in multiple times a day or maybe just once on time during this event.

Whilest I get the impression you guys have different reasons for changing stuff around. I'm just guessing maybe you guys want to streamline the events a bit more so that they are comparable and see which events rake in the diamonds sales. May we get to know what the reasons are for changing the winterevent?
Indeed, if you get directly your daily stars by the first log in that problem is solved. If you
have badluck the system won't give you it at the first day, but that's the same with this
new system by collecting the townhall before the event starts (and didn't see that this
is how you got your daily stars, simelar with the graveyard:rolleyes:). From that day 32> days
that you got always your daily stars by simple log in. Reading isn't needed and also it
isn't needed to do something than just log in.
I think I like that stars are added to the Town Hall versus needing to collect them by shuffling - frankly many did not realized that it worked that way.

The only thing I would suggest to follow up with the pattern of the autumn event and have stars hidden in the wilderness when aiding players. Like catching fallen stars. And it doesn't have to be a lot -- can be 1 star for aiding and 1 star hidden -- just like the apples were. It would be in spirit of the season to help each other.

Would be great, Szamoca. I don't not know much about ITC, but I think that the knowledge
how to do that is in the house from the fall event.
  • Snow effects are now active on browser. Whenever you complete a Winter Event quest or open a present in the Winter Event, you will see snow falling down. Please note to be able to see this effect you must have Smoke and Cloud Animations enabled in game settings (bottom left, blue icon of two small gears).
I love that snow, team thanks for adding. Even now the snow doesn't stay in the city. I did
see it yesterday and wasn't aware of it :p that was funny and I did have the hope that I got
a white winter in my city this winter event, but no. It doesn't mater that much, it's still great
that snow is falling. Let it snow.:D

talamanta

Baronet
Pathfinder
I do not know if it is
bug
the military building
the gifts
is previous age
http://prntscr.com/d4iojs

sorry for the English is by automatic translation
the text in Greek :oops:

δεν ξερω εαν ειναι σφαλμα , αλλα το στρατιωτικο κτηριο
στα δωρα ειναι προηγουμενης εποχης

Last edited:

talamanta

Baronet
Pathfinder
Thanks
for the answer
But why not put military building another category
so that there is no problem

podkap1970

Emperor
i'am sure there will be another category
just today you win only the artillery building
maybe tomorrow you win ranged military building and it will be arctic future

DeletedUser7764

With legendary confectionary being the final step of that building will we at least get a renovation kit to upgrade it to our current age? It's a nice looking building but if it gets to outdated i hate to have to sell it (or hope i get some store building or reno kit from some event)

DeletedUser7454

It gives you 2 of each items of the era everyday and is beautiful.
well looks pretty I agree -- but as a production building is extremely week. I assume it can be plundered and those 10 goods from a 4x5 buildings is really low.

Status
Not open for further replies.