• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Why the Colosseum can't be reworked?

Dessire

Regent
Why this GB can't be reworked? why FoE team can't give it a new design like they did with the dynamic tower?
why they can't change it's skills to something like "every 24 hours produce random units of your era or units of your military buildings in your city" like Alcatraz ? but with atleast the half amount of units that Alcatraz produces? that would be very helpful to any player, specially the new ones :)

Design:
  • The Truce Tower is a fictional building designed for FOE by Gustav Nordgren Concept artist at Innogames.
  • The Colosseum is based on the real Colosseum which ruins still can be seen in Rome, Italy. Its visual design should follow the real concept, not much to be changed. Maybe a few more vivid colors details.
Skills / Rewards:
  • Agreed. This GB is considered by many the worst of all GBs. Maybe only better than Notre Dame.
  • Even though in any lists longer than one, a member of the list will always be the worst of the group, I think something should be done with the Colosseum.
  • Produce random units of the players era? A kind of smaller Alcatraz without the requirement to have barracks built at the city to be able to produce unattached troops like those the trained at that barrack?n That would be a great jump from the bottom of the list to the middle to upper section.

Some resources, like goods, coins and supplies. can obtained as rewards from many GBs, others like military units dont,

Military units were originally obtained only from Alcatraz making this GB the "game changer" status before the creation of The Ark. Such reward (unattached military units) have been exclusive of Alcatraz until recently when we could receive Rogues (not any other type of units) from the Himeji Castle as a Spoil of War.

There must be balance issues behind the limitation of receiving military units from GBs. Same as the limitation to build one, and only one of each GB at the city (you can build one Alcatraz in a city, not two at same city).

Last edited:

CrashBoom

Legend
another Alcatraz ?

boring
if people need more units: increase Alca or get all those other new special buildings which give also units

and btw: Gaea should be changed first
why? reason is simple: it has the same bonus than the Colosseum BUT is more expensive:. more and higher era goods, more FP to level up

and didn't you know: Inno thought you need more than one Colosseum. they gave the Gaea to the players
they didn't think: players would need a 2nd Alcatraz :p

Dessire

Regent
another Alcatraz ?

boring
if people need more units: increase Alca or get all those other new special buildings which give also units

and btw: Gaea should be changed first
why? reason is simple: it has the same bonus than the Colosseum BUT is more expensive:. more and higher era goods, more FP to level up

and didn't you know: Inno thought you need more than one Colosseum. they gave the Gaea to the players
they didn't think: players would need a 2nd Alcatraz :p
the idea is to help low era players and also give a little boost to those players that already have their Alcatraz at level 100 or more and the units they get per day are not enough for the amount of battles they can do per day . . .

the idea is to help low era players and also give a little boost to those players that already have their Alcatraz at level 100 or more and the units they get per day are not enough for the amount of battles they can do per day . . .
Alcatraz at level 100 and still not enough units!!!!!?
  • At level 100 Alcatraz gives 99 new unattached units/collection (and collection time for Alcatraz is less than 24 hours depending on guild level).
  • Are they losing more units per day than the new ones they getting?
  • How many battles per day do those low era players are doing anyway?
I think the problem is not number of units, but that units are dying too easily.
  • Boost their Zeus, Castle Del Monte and/or Cathedral of Aachen first, to have stronger units that can manage several battles before replaced by new ones.
  • If they got enough FPs to get Alcatraz to 100th level they could arrange for a goods x FP deal and build Terracotta Army to add to the Zeus/CDM/COA boost.
  • Or maybe these players still need to learn how to fight or how to select a better unit mix to face the opponent army.

Last edited:

qaccy

Emperor
I do think the Colosseum could use a revamp. I'd leave any specifics up to Inno, just something to improve it. Definitely one that hasn't aged very well. Goods and FP productions are about the only ones that have kept their value, and happiness is a passive bonus that's fallen by the wayside with all the event buildings available now.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
In general they don't rework the bonuses of GBs. Truce Tower only had the image changed.

If there was a terribly compelling case for not having useless GBs it'd be a logical place to start - but where would you end? Notre Dame, Space Needle, Lotus Temple, etc etc. Once you get through the ones absolutely noone in their right mind builds have you opened the floodgates for people to ask things like deal castle be improved too?

This all goes against their longstanding policy not to touch them after release (at least not since a big rework very early in the game where they nerfed all the combat-bonus GBs).

Simply put not every GB is going to be great. and it doesn't really matter if a building is bad or horrible, so Colosseum is fine as is. It'd be better if GBs were a choice rather than everyone gets the good ones and avoids the bad ones, but that ship sailed with Arc and event FP powercreep.

In general they don't rework the bonuses of GBs. Truce Tower only had the image changed.

Sadly true, Tower of Babel also had an image change. The other type of change at GBs I remember were the limitation of 10 levels removal, and a reduction (nerf) of rewards per level at one or two, long time ago. Never a big increase or change of rewards type.

Last edited:
I'd guarentee you that all player would build it and make it level 100 if it even had 1% chance (at level 100) to not add attrition to players in GBG. ;)

There's really not too many attributes that players reasonably would want from GB. All the GB we have pretty much cover it all.

You'd be wrong. ;)

I've never had it, and there's nothing that would make me build it now.
People say that every snowflake is unique, but the probability of that actually happening is about the same as one player in this game. ;)

Its hard to think of any bonus that we don't already have, but sc sure surprised me in its usefulness. I don't have any SAM GB though.

If someone has been playing the game long enough to raise their Traz to level 100, they are bound to have other military boosts plus GBs and also Event buildings which will give more troops plus A and D. If they are running out of troops, there is something fundamentally wrong with their game play. THAT is what needs to be reworked. Changing Col would be of no help to someone like that.

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
People say that every snowflake is unique, but the probability of that actually happening is about the same as one player in this game.

In my experience every snowflake is exactly the same. ;)

I'm in Arctic Future. It's an Iron Age GB and at this point in my city's evolution it's pointless. I don't care about it. If Inno decides to alter/improve it, that's great for new players, but there's nothing they can tack on to it that would make it worth me investing in.

Definitely one that hasn't aged very well.

Totally agree. Other GBs close in age to the Colosseum like Statue of Zeus, Lighthouse of Alexandria and Tower of Babel have survived the test of time.
  • Statue of Zeus is still seen in cities of the lastest eras. Maybe its tiny size compensates for giving just one (1) and not two (2) rewards like usual at GBs.
  • Lighthouse of Alexandria do well providing goods and the boost of supplies. Even if the player build Royal Albert Hall that gives a bit more %, keeping LOA is a good idea and combine/stack both rewards.
  • Tower of Babel can serve as a space saving GBs to get goods without the alternative of using more space for goods buildings + residential buildings for the population they need.
Colosseum with medals and happiness, plus taking a lot of space (42 tiles) loses any attractive too early.

Last edited:
A quote from December 2013:

Colosseum: 1100 happiness level 1
Space Needle: 1200 happiness level 1

one cost 300 goods. the other 1750 and 1750 more (=3500) to produce them because great buildings don't give you ME goods and the needed FPs to improve the building are also much higher

and now the million dollar question: which one should be improved :rolleyes: