• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Why Innogames is lying to us?

Well of course they're somewhat biased, they gotta design/develop what sells best. I know that fighting has far more Fans than Trading, but why do they have to push it like they're doing currently.

Give us Choices at max Levels. Something to actually select from, as it is advertised. Give us one Trading Variant, one Fighting Variant. Just like Mountain reserve did. And everyone would be happy. Fighters would be happy to build their fighting variant, Traders would be happy to build their Trading variant, and Devs would be Happy because both have equally reasons to pay to get the max level variant.

Instead they gave Army boost on everything, while massively cutting down the Trading boost, as in Chocolaterie, Archdruid Hut, Pergola, and so on, which of course made Fighters Happy, but made me as trader that payed for the currency pack in almost every event up to that point not just not paying for event currency anymore, but to quit the game temporarily, because it wasn't the game I once started anymore.
It's not like the recent event buildings are goods deserts. Mystic Celtic Tavern (100 goods), Majestic Winter Wonderland Pyramid (48 goods), Vibrant Autumn Vineyard (90 goods), Thundering Lab of Monstrosities (33 current age + 77 prior age goods). You mentioned the Druid hut, the buff to it added 55 goods. Seems to me that these buildings are pretty good for traders.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Well of course they're somewhat biased, they gotta design/develop what sells best. I know that fighting has far more Fans than Trading, but why do they have to push it like they're doing currently.

Give us Choices at max Levels. Something to actually select from, as it is advertised. Give us one Trading Variant, one Fighting Variant. Just like Mountain reserve did. And everyone would be happy. Fighters would be happy to build their fighting variant, Traders would be happy to build their Trading variant, and Devs would be Happy because both have equally reasons to pay to get the max level variant.

Instead they gave Army boost on everything, while massively cutting down the Trading boost, as in Chocolaterie, Archdruid Hut, Pergola, and so on, which of course made Fighters Happy, but made me as trader that payed for the currency pack in almost every event up to that point not just not paying for event currency anymore, but to quit the game temporarily, because it wasn't the game I once started anymore.
They should introduce a new buff for negotiations. An example could be like a dice with an X% chance to give 1 extra turn, after the 1st turn of negotiations have been completed. With each special building featuring that buff representing 1 roll of dice. If any dice hits, no further attempts will be made. To offload massive calculations it can be calculated how likely 1 of all those dices together hit. The end result of the likelihood % could be used as the effective commutative chance for the extra turn. Found in the town hall. Alongside all buildings contributing to it.
That would make it a real choice to make. Between fighting bonuses red/blue/feature specific and neg. bonus general/feature specific. Rather than the uninspiring prev. and current age goods. It would be much like AO but modulair and other expandable

It's not like the recent event buildings are goods deserts. Mystic Celtic Tavern (100 goods), Majestic Winter Wonderland Pyramid (48 goods), Vibrant Autumn Vineyard (90 goods), Thundering Lab of Monstrosities (33 current age + 77 prior age goods). You mentioned the Druid hut, the buff to it added 55 goods. Seems to me that these buildings are pretty good for traders.

There’s a difference between ‚delivers goods because it was actually designed to support Playstyle X‘ and ‚got overloaded with anything possible so people would cash for the paywall we‘ve put the golden kits behind‘ though.

Also, let’s be real here, 48 goods is nowhere near as strong as the combined 81% Army boosts plus 12 Units daily are for fighters.

And even the 100 goods of the Mystic tavern are a joke compared to a total of 280% army boosts.

Which brings me back to my original point: make two variants: leave the army boosts on the fighting variant, maybe round it up to 300, but scrap the goods as fighters get them through their fighting activities, add a trading variant with at LEAST twice the goods but scrap the army boosts on that one. Boom, actual selection instead of ‚you don’t wanna fight? You’ll get it anyways‘.

They should introduce a new buff for negotiations. An example could be like a dice with an X% chance to give 1 extra turn, after the 1st turn of negotiations have been completed. With each special building featuring that buff representing 1 roll of dice. If any dice hits, no further attempts will be made. To offload massive calculations it can be calculated how likely 1 of all those dices together hit. The end result of the likelihood % could be used as the effective commutative chance for the extra turn. Found in the town hall. Alongside all buildings contributing to it.
That would make it a real choice to make. Between fighting bonuses red/blue/feature specific and neg. bonus general/feature specific. Rather than the uninspiring prev. and current age goods. It would be much like AO but modulair and other expandable

Don't bother, at this point the trading Playstyle is just as dead as GvG, and there's no quick way out of it.

Why bother strateging your City towards goods when fighting is at a Point where you can simply camp in Industrial and demolish everything with Future/AF Units.

Fighting has become way too easy for anything else to be an option anymore, the balance to other city building strategies has long been gone at that point.

They'd need to fundamentaly rebuild their core mechanics at this point to bring any of it back, which they won't, because it's gonna upset those who've rested on the Mainstream fighting variant for years. Which would make at least as many players quit as it would bring back Players back that quitted because they've killed the actual balance and stratgegy part out of the game, such as me.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Don't bother, at this point the trading Playstyle is just as dead as GvG, and there's no quick way out of it.

Why bother strateging your City towards goods when fighting is at a Point where you can simply camp in Industrial and demolish everything with Future/AF Units.

Fighting has become way too easy for anything else to be an option anymore, the balance to other city building strategies has long been gone at that point.

They'd need to fundamentaly rebuild their core mechanics at this point to bring any of it back, which they won't, because it's gonna upset those who've rested on the Mainstream fighting variant for years. Which would make at least as many players quit as it would bring back Players back that quitted because they've killed the actual balance and stratgegy part out of the game, such as me.
Lol, the only few things they have to do:

"Patching" advanced units from quests, by changing the unit rewards to [insert unit type] [unit's age: current age]

QI: fight or neg.

Fixed it with those 2 simple steps. Fighting is somewhat easy at any stage due to easily accessible military bonuses.
To truly live up to the promise to choose either playstyle. They can solidify it further with:

Cmap: overhauled (instead of pay this, master mind minigame)

Rival: whenever win X battles, alternative complete X neg. defeat Y units/pay Z goods

GbG: AI mimicking human negotiations' whenever guessing to speeding up neg. closer to auto fights. As an new auto select neg. options option. Not like the first attempt at it

Etc but who are we kidding? We must use discord or support nowadays according to the announcements themselves.

Lol, the only few things they have to do:

"Patching" advanced units from quests, by changing the unit rewards to [insert unit type] [unit's age: current age]

And you find that simple? If Inno tried doing that, every forum would be loaded with comments like ‚how dare you taking Hover Tanks in IA away from us‘. Just not that friendly.

Alternative would be finding a trading equivalent that’s equally strong, which isn’t quite less impossible.

Plus, it isn’t just about missing options to alternate with negs. It’s also about fighting buildings being way stronger than trading buildings, like current event buildings, and missing reward buildings that are supportive towards trading, as in GE5 like I said. Where the only point playing it as trader would be the feathered serpent extension, which you get after what, 6 weeks of completing it? Meanwhile, fighters also get level 3 flames, active temples, level 3 FotA, and and and.

Also GbG. I’d get if this only has rewards that support fighting, as it’s a key fighting mechanic, but still - another lack in terms of rewards that are worth playing for as a trader.

Missing Neg option in Rivals/QI then comes on top of that.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
And you find that simple? If Inno tried doing that, every forum would be loaded with comments like ‚how dare you taking Hover Tanks in IA away from us‘. Just not that friendly.

Alternative would be finding a trading equivalent that’s equally strong, which isn’t quite less impossible.
Like if 50%+ players are fanatic players who are using that exploit? Those who’ve already used that exploit to get those units are unaffected…

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Plus, it isn’t just about missing options to alternate with negs. It’s also about fighting buildings being way stronger than trading buildings, like current event buildings, and missing reward buildings that are supportive towards trading, as in GE5 like I said. Where the only point playing it as trader would be the feathered serpent extension, which you get after what, 6 weeks of completing it? Meanwhile, fighters also get level 3 flames, active temples, level 3 FotA, and and and.

Also GbG. I’d get if this only has rewards that support fighting, as it’s a key fighting mechanic, but still - another lack in terms of rewards that are worth playing for as a trader.

Missing Neg option in Rivals/QI then comes on top of that.
So, it’s impossible for them to add new buildings that have a neg. buff? It ain’t like they didn’t introduce the GE building at some point, added lvl2 versions on them, etc…
Like I said working like rolling dices. Either giving 1 additional turn after the 1st turn. Later down the road perhaps another buff. Instead of 1 extra turn removing 1 random option during negotiations with 6 or more options.

If I where a trader. I would invest into dynamic tower, SV, SC, Arc, etc. Ain’t like ain’t no GB’s that can serve as fp sinks. Ain’t like forgotten temple ain’t appealing traders with its 20%:fpboost:. I’m even replacing the forgotten temple just for that fp buff. I don’t care about those military bonuses. Although they supposedly help me with battles. Only their QI buffs are mildly interesting for now due to the lack of alternatives.

Kronan

Viceroy
Innogames is lying to us, the real FoE is not the one we know and Inno is hiding it from us.

The real FoE allows you put any building at any place, has 2 lands divided by an osean/wide river and you can build a bridge and make it evolve through ages by spending goods, gold, supplies, etc, it allows you change the background of your city and have it in a tropical island/beach.

Why Innogames is lying to us, hiding the real FoE from us which looks 10000000 times more beautiful and amazing that the one we can play?!

Saw these ads when reading a Microsoft Start article... I don't think FoE has such a scene in any era (to my knowledge). Game of the year, huh? Which year and who's voted it as such? Pretty cavalier with accolades, I'd say.

1711424655162.png 1711424878394.png

Emberguard

Emperor
Also, let’s be real here, 48 goods is nowhere near as strong as the combined 81% Army boosts plus 12 Units daily are for fighters.

Ok. What would you personally consider strong for a building that contains goods (in regards to just the goods portion)?

Assuming you mean personal inventory and not guild treasury

even the 100 goods of the Mystic tavern are a joke compared to a total of 280% army boosts.

Mystic tavern never reaches 280%

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Saw these ads when reading a Microsoft Start article... I don't think FoE has such a scene in any era (to my knowledge). Game of the year, huh? Which year and who's voted it as such? Pretty cavalier with accolades, I'd say.

View attachment 11100 View attachment 11101
Unless the devs are cooking up sceneries that can be unlocked and replayed from the townhouse, this is completely fabricated. Plausible AI generated by the advertising team to oversell the game.

.Dino.

Farmer
Based on the pictures, it all sounds wrong, but I do think all that is described really happens in the game. The way the pictures show everything just makes it clear for people that don't play yet, that all of it really exists.

For example, when it says TRADE OF FIGHT, if you just show an in-game picture with the buttons with such options, non-players may not even understand.

I don't see any BIG deal, specially because it's a free game... If you had to pay in advance, maybe my point of view would be another one...

RKinG

Squire
There is a missing bridge in our town. We could imagine that it evolves in modernity depending on the levels