• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Why Innogames is lying to us?

Dessire

Regent
Innogames is lying to us, the real FoE is not the one we know and Inno is hiding it from us.

The real FoE allows you put any building at any place, has 2 lands divided by an osean/wide river and you can build a bridge and make it evolve through ages by spending goods, gold, supplies, etc, it allows you change the background of your city and have it in a tropical island/beach.

Why Innogames is lying to us, hiding the real FoE from us which looks 10000000 times more beautiful and amazing that the one we can play?!

Attachments

• unnamed~2.jpg
    unnamed~2.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 96
  • unnamed~3.jpg
    unnamed~3.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 95
  • unnamed~4.jpg
    unnamed~4.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 96

-Alin-

Emperor
Isn't what literally almost every on-line game does? Changing the advertising of their games adding details or cropping images from game mechanics and put on top of each other making a soup?

That's just to attract people, nothing more.

Not sure if it was from InnoGames or someone wanted to frame them, but in the past were some ADs with a main lady and FoE was pointed out like having 18+ content ...

Last edited:
Innogames is lying to us, the real FoE is not the one we know and Inno is hiding it from us.

The real FoE allows you put any building at any place, has 2 lands divided by an osean/wide river and you can build a bridge and make it evolve through ages by spending goods, gold, supplies, etc, it allows you change the background of your city and have it in a tropical island/beach.

Why Innogames is lying to us, hiding the real FoE from us which looks 10000000 times more beautiful and amazing that the one we can play?!
After you figure this out please dig into why my McDonald's Big Mac never looks as good as the picture in the advertisement. ;)

Looking at these images now comes to mind: as the game didn't include a bridge, there was another piece of land on the other side to connect the city. It would be beautiful to see you main city having a bridge connecting two sides of your city. As they also didn't make the naval battle mini game instead of these quantum incursions that are nothing more than a colony or settlement 3.0And creating a mechanic like this for creating bridges is not difficult as it already exists in the FOE archives, as it is in the advertisements.Inno lacks originality. They are creating things that in the end always lead to the same place. The only thing that is different in the game is: GBG, GEX and GVG. The rest of the mechanics are trying to imitate another one already existing. I would even include the settlement, but unfortunately they had a wonderful idea of making settlements, but we can't do several at the same time, We don't like this thing of putting it on, taking it off, putting it on, taking it off, it's boring and tedious. It would be better to have the building upgraded instead of staying in this mess in the settlement.BE ORIGINAL. You have the equipment to produce wonderful things, but you don't know how to use your creativity to use them. Polynesian Settlement is cool, but if it's the same mechanic of removing and placing buildings, chains and other things, it's boring

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
@Daenerys Targaryen on the Dutch forum, many years ago, there was a suggestion to introduce naval battles. While it's too long ago to recall the exact details. It may not hard to imagine how such could've worked. Basically just similar to regular battles but with different classes of ships. Instead of unit types ship types: destroyer (fast/ranged equivalent), cruiser (light equivalent), battleship (heavy equivalent), etc. With space ages it could've been swapped from aquatic to orbital. Either way it may or may not be something for the devs to consider if they're ever gonna create an re-envisioned FoE. Something like FoE 2.0 or FoE remastered.

The bridge is absolutely the most epic part. Besides of the vessels. Mainly I recognise the scouts for discovering a new continent.

Thunderdome

Emperor
After you figure this out please dig into why my McDonald's Big Mac never looks as good as the picture in the advertisement. ;)
There was a movie where a guy pulled out a gun at a fast food restaurant just because he wanted breakfast to which they stopped serving at a certain time that he had to settle for lunch and when they gave him a burger, it didn't look like the one in the picture.

I even had that happen as I eat out where things looked different. Hell, I even had my Filet-O-Fish beaten in.

It also lies about selecting trading or fighting, as you'll get fighting anyways, but looked over as someone who actually chooses trading

It also lies about selecting trading or fighting, as you'll get fighting anyways, but looked over as someone who actually chooses trading
But you can play the game with trading nicely. The problem is that many people don't really like trading because they have to think instead of pressing auto. Recently I finished GE 5 by trading through.

forwandert

Farmer
They've used selective advertising for years. I recall starting playing Grepolis from a TV ad basically mentioning building up your cities, expanding your empire etc, building alliances. All the old 2011 tv ads are on youtube somewhere.

Happily played along for a few weeks getting use to the game, spent some cash on gold etc for premium and building stuff in my city, built a second one by founding, figured that was it and some fighting. I didn't know someone could conquer your city and leave you with none till the guy in the city next to me suddenly changed name and when he restarted he mentioned it. Never learned how to play a game so fast after that. Never mentioned once it was a 24/7 game where everything you spent on could be taken whilst you slept. As it goes I was pretty good at it but tired for years.

If you ever want navel battles just head on over there. There's plenty, all you need to do is build up your cities, expand your empire, build alliances.

But you can play the game with trading nicely. The problem is that many people don't really like trading because they have to think instead of pressing auto. Recently I finished GE 5 by trading through.

It gets more and more difficult though.

First, because of the people you mentioned that don't aknowledge Trading to be a valid way to play the game.

Second, because of Inno pushing the Game more and more towards fightng only because of those people, as for example with GE5 giving almost only fighting oriented Buildings, Eventbuildings getting stronger and stronger army boosts while favoring Traders way less, by making goods productions more and more obsolete, and so on and so on.

It gets more and more difficult though.

First, because of the people you mentioned that don't aknowledge Trading to be a valid way to play the game.

Second, because of Inno pushing the Game more and more towards fightng only because of those people, as for example with GE5 giving almost only fighting oriented Buildings, Eventbuildings getting stronger and stronger army boosts while favoring Traders way less, by making goods productions more and more obsolete, and so on and so on.
I think that the Devs are biased towards fighting in response to what players prefer. Most players prefer fighting. Regardless, it is still possible to pursue a pure trading strategy especially now given the huge amount of goods that the new generation special buildings produce.

all ads are lies. of every game, of every publisher. inno is no different :)

hint: don't believe the ads. ever!

edit: at least be glad foe isnt a match-3 game, which most other games that pretend not to be in the ads, are :)

This topic reminds me of this song.

youtube.com/watch?v=aIWai4acAhw

I really liked the battleship and golden gate bridge in the 2nd pic. I don't really think it was a lie rather than a photoshop/bluff on the features we do have. They really only got up to CE in the ads, you'd think they would prefer to advertise the space ages and that setting as well.

Sureshot

Farmer
Pictures may be a bit misleading but no worse than other companies. I've tried other games based on the animations in ads only to find game play had ZERO resemblance to how it was portrayed in ads

Nothing in GE has ever been real fighting, just fake fighting against bots

Where have I said elseways? What I said is, the REWARDS are mostly favoring the fighting way, except the feathered serpent which is the only GE5 Building that even gives Goods - after 6 weeks of constantly completing GE5.

Last edited:
I think that the Devs are biased towards fighting in response to what players prefer. Most players prefer fighting. Regardless, it is still possible to pursue a pure trading strategy especially now given the huge amount of goods that the new generation special buildings produce.

Well of course they're somewhat biased, they gotta design/develop what sells best. I know that fighting has far more Fans than Trading, but why do they have to push it like they're doing currently.

Give us Choices at max Levels. Something to actually select from, as it is advertised. Give us one Trading Variant, one Fighting Variant. Just like Mountain reserve did. And everyone would be happy. Fighters would be happy to build their fighting variant, Traders would be happy to build their Trading variant, and Devs would be Happy because both have equally reasons to pay to get the max level variant.

Instead they gave Army boost on everything, while massively cutting down the Trading boost, as in Chocolaterie, Archdruid Hut, Pergola, and so on, which of course made Fighters Happy, but made me as trader that payed for the currency pack in almost every event up to that point not just not paying for event currency anymore, but to quit the game temporarily, because it wasn't the game I once started anymore.

Last edited: