• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Will Not Fix: Whisper chat (and its chatlog) gone when reloading

Andi47

Overlord
  • World: zz1, de8
  • Browser and Version: 1.41.27931 (10.12.2014 9:25), Andi47 (73349), zz1, en_US, WIN 15,0,0,246, Windows 7, Firefox/34.0, 1920x939, DirectX9Ex (336 MB VRAM)
  • Overview of the bug: Normally, when you open (or reload) the game, you see the chatlog (i.e. all chat messages) of the last hours or so in the guild chat and the global chat (not a bug so far). But this does not work with the whisper chat (when you whispered someone) - this is entirely gone (you see neither the whisper chat tab, nor the chatlog after reloading).
  • Screenshots: N/A
  • How often this occurs: seems to happen always
  • Urgency: medium
  • Preventative Actions avoid reloading if possible (not so easy with the memory leak/crash with gvg)
  • Summary: how to reproduce:
    1.) open either the guild chat or the global chat or the neighbourhood chat
    2.) whisper someone (or someone whispers you)
    3.) go to the whisper chat (i.e. the chat which opens when you whisper someone)
    4.) talk a short while in the whisper chat
    5.) reload
    --> now you don't see the whisper chat (respectively the tab to switch into the whisper chat) any more
    6.) Whisper the person, who you whispered before, again and go to the whisper chat
    7.) you will see an empty chat - all the messages you (and your friend) have written before to the whisper chat are gone.
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: yes, nothing found
  • Have you tried fixing it by using these methods?:The bug involves a reload, so.... N/A

DeletedUser

Since guild chat does have chatlog, I'm assuming the technical aspects of having yet more chatlogs are covered. I suppose a time-based limit of what whispers to keep in chatlog could be used (say messages less than an hour old) so that we don't end up having a bucketload of whisper tabs opened that would contain yesterday's chats in them, or older.

Would be nice.

DeletedUser2752

I thought the history was time-based... (well, except the whispers :p)

Keep on forgetting to report this myself: marking as confirmed.