• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion when a friend gets deleted...

what if RL happens - several friends of mine have been reported as having passed away. No one will take up their cities now and there is no chance of returning fps in this case... other RL issues have happened too, making players leave the game with incomplete GB levels

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
It's always a risk when donating to a GB that you might not get anything back for your investment. A player ceasing playing being one of the risks. If the payoff is that great you could probably get together with others on the building and arrange for it to be leveled and reduce your losses sometime in the year after they disappear before their account is deleted.

With how plentiful FP are these days, it's not that hard to recover the loss.

CrashBoom

Legend
what if a player doesn't get deleted

my oldest dead investment (real high one, not a 1 FP) has been marked inactive in December last year in my spreadsheet
ForgeDB says (checked it for this posting): he no change since September in my world
BUT (there is always a but) ForgeDB also says: he is still active in another world

what if a player deletes his GBs ?
then the player isn't deleted but the investment is also lost

pfff seriously. what matters more? the fact that someone *passed away* (yes, that someone is dead then) and people are mourning about that, or the fact that his city is no longer managed by anyone?

those fp are not important in that case. if the player deletes his city himself however, it's something else (and yes then i'd agree with returning (part of) the investments). and for players that get kicked: well, tough luck. that player did something bad, and imho it's then fair if the investors lose their fp, because they were in fact 'helping' that player (by donating the fp in those gg's).

but lastly remember, fp investments should be considered donations. you may get something back (you usually do), but you may also do not :)

for players that get kicked: well, tough luck. that player did something bad, and imho it's then fair if the investors lose their fp, because they were in fact 'helping' that player (by donating the fp in those gg's).

I agree that the GB investors lose their FPs, since donating is a risk and any rewards is after the GB is leveled up, not before. If the GB never levels up (for whatever reason) then the investment is lost, no rewards.

Not agreeing with "they were in fact 'helping' that player" ... Investors do not know who is or is not "doing something bad" before deciding to invest at a GB.

Last edited:
what if RL happens - several friends of mine have been reported as having passed away. No one will take up their cities now and there is no chance of returning fps in this case... other RL issues have happened too, making players leave the game with incomplete GB levels

I have experienced this. One time, when my friend was at the Hospital, her daughter managed her city for a few days. We joke with her about supposed trades we had previously negotiated with her mother or a supposed debt of X FPs to our GBs. But our friend had explained the game well to the daughter and didn't fall into our pranks (we were just joking, not actually going to take advantage).

Inno should make a way in the rules to be able to pass the account from a player to a relative or other person in cases as this... Security issues to be managed.

EDIT: Well, Rule 5 says: "An account can be transferred for free to another person. A prior express approval from the Support team must be given."

Last edited:
if u edit Rule 5 then I would place a bit at the end ... like : express approval from Support must be given within 7 days of the transfer

if Inno Games is deleting cities on live servers then Inno Games is responsible for the players who are active but at that point will be missing the chance to EVER help level those GBs. I have previously been asked to help level a GB from a player who has become inactive so that some fps come back to the investors. That chance is GONE when Inno Games deletes the cities.
and NO I am not speaking of when players delete cities but when INNO GAMES deletes cities

-Alin-

Emperor
Yep, we should get back only the points invested in inactives players buildings with disconnected cities after account deletion, we have no choice here to get them back.

But on inactive players I prefer to spend 500 more fps to get back 2000 or more from `sniped` buildings if he just let the city on it's own untill gets deleted.
If the players delete that buildings, then, thats it, no points back :))

I have 25-30k blocked on disconnected cities untill now :p

I think the intention of Rule 5 is for ask permission/approval from Support before transfer the account to another person, not to Inform (within 7 days) Support that the account has been transferred after the fact,

When INNO deletes a city... What is expected from INNO?
Control of the city cant be transfer to a player that has invested in a GB at the city, that would be against the rules, a player cant have two cities in the same world. What then... to a new player joining the world? To give the option to a new player to:
  • Current: Start a city from the starting point, at Stone Age, with the tutorial, 16 expansions, ... or
  • Change: Adopt and continue this inactive city of a Player that was deleted last week or before, which among other things has these GBs with levels partially completed by the friends, neighbors and guildmates of the previous player. By the way, the friends of the previous Player are automatically your friends now so they could continue donating to the GBs?

Last edited:

shad2389

Viceroy
wouldn't it be nice if the fps we donated on other player's GBs were refunded by Inno Games if that player is deleted?
a real friend would level up his GB before he deletes his account
what if RL happens
other RL issues have happened too
a friend of mine got his city deleated cause he did'nt have enough diamonds befor going inactive for a month cause of moove he did'nt have internetwould those count with your idea
like lots of ppl say RL happens

When INNO deletes a city... What is expected from INNO?
Control of the city cant be transfer to a player that has invested in a GB at the city, that would be against the rules, a player cant have two cities in the same world. What then... to a new player joining the world?

Tried the idea at the forum but ended at the DNSL. Back to square one, when a friends gets deleted, wouldn't it be nice if the fps we donated on other player's GBs were refunded by Inno Games if that player is deleted?
  • Yes, it would be very nice.
  • But, I don't think it will happen.
Investments come with risks and in GBs investments there are the risks of:
  • Snipping - if investment on the reward position was not high enough to be secure it;
  • GB Level is not finished- for whatever reasons including that the GB Owner becomes inactive or a deleted player in the world.
The players with investments at the GB should evaluate if it is
  • reasonable to invest more and finish / level the GB by themselves to receive the pending rewards or
    • probably it would mean to receive back less FPs as reward than those invested. then are the BPs and medals enough to balance the extra FPs to be paid?
  • move forward, abandon the investment and recognize it as a loss.

Last edited: