• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion what would be a new game breaker GB skill?

Dessire

Regent
for me: at level 80, the GB gives you a 50% chance to give you in your inventory half of the FP spent in great buildings and technology.
AND

half of killed units of your attacking army are resurrected.

CrashBoom

Legend
for me: at level 80, the GB gives you a 50% chance to give you in your inventory half of the FP spent in great buildings and technology.
so lets take an example
a player spends 40k FP on average a day
50% chance to get half = get 25% on average

I already love that and hope own GB will also count
because the result: 10000 FP back on average a day

:cool:

Dessire

Regent
so lets take an example
a player spends 40k FP on average a day
50% chance to get half = get 25% on average

I already love that and hope own GB will also count
because the result: 10000 FP back on average a day

:cool:
if you spend 1000 fp 5 times per day, you should get back an average of 2500 fp right to your inventory. now if those FP are spent right from you inventroy to help in 1.9 ... well . . . . . your inventory will increase it's amount for 2500 per day XD

CrashBoom

Legend
if you spend 1000 fp 5 times per day, you should get back an average of 2500 fp right to your inventory. now if those FP are spent right from you inventroy to help in 1.9 ... well . . . . . your inventory will increase it's amount for 2500 per day XD
actually it would be an average of 1250 FP
50% chance to give ... half

but as I said
I am more like spending 40k a day = 10k for free :cool:
(in my main world not beta)

" 50% chance to give you in your inventory half of the FP spent in great buildings and technology."
  • On one side (over the the long run and after reaching level 80), speeding the game by decreasing the remaining Research Tree Tech's FP cost by 25%
  • On the other hand, returning back to the player 25% of the FP spent in great buildings and technology, to be reinvested again, and again, .... skyrocketing FP inventory near exponentially?.
What would happen if everybody had 40K FPs to spend in a day? We will run out of GBs to invest in.

half of killed units of your attacking army are resurrected.

• After the battle? After the second wave of a 2-wave battle?
  • A great GB bonus for a player with an Alcatraz still in development, and for that period soon after reaching an era where the number of units of that specific age is low.
  • For seasoned players, with a high leveled Alcatraz for a long time, the number of unattached units is like unlimited and this reward would be not so relevant. Less relevant if they maintain high attack/defense bonuses for the attacking army that leads to many battles ending with no more than 2 units dead.

Last edited:

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Finding game breaking skills is too easy - but what would be an interesting skill that only in hindsight would lead to it being game breaking?

On the other hand, I think that Inno learned at least a bit from the past (arc)... although I am not quite sure what came first - arc or the lifting of the GB level limit or did that happen at the same time? Only collectively this lead to the arc being game breaking.

I personally would like a GB that gives a % boost on happiness already in your city - so it does not age out like all the other happiness GB - was contemplating what I could do to make sure to have a happy population recently - I found that it would be way more (space) efficient to just place down a current age cultural building (only VZ right now) instead of any of the happiness giving GB - Gaea might be the only real contender (but only at level 10+ and BP are hard to come by).

Last edited:

CrashBoom

Legend
although I am not quite sure what came first - arc or the lifting of the GB level limit or did that happen at the same time?
arc came much later than removing level limit

top players (in my live world) already had one GB at level 60 (most players Cape, a few like me leveled their Chateau)

Emberguard

Emperor
Game breaking is anything that removes a need to maintain an aspect through more then one avenue. If a GB is able to nearly replace everything by itself then yeah, it's game breaking for the environment it's placed into.

but what would be an interesting skill that only in hindsight would lead to it being game breaking?
That's a interesting question as it's much easier to balance something when working from scratch and balancing around that then it is to introduce something later on.

I would be pretty hard pressed to come up with something that would only be broken in hindsight and not see some potential for how it could become broken if I think about it long enough.

Emberguard

Emperor
Take City Defense for example. I'd have loved it if instead of Galata emphasizing post battle even further if we got something to improve the actual battle.

However. If only one neighbour builds up their defenses then the neighbourhood is in a weakened enough state to just plunder everything. If every member of that neighbourhood had improved defenses enough to kill a few units of the attackers then it'd have a accumulative effect. Because then the attacker would be facing a combined strength of 70+ neighbours instead of 1 or 2 neighbours that actually put up a fight. I still would have preferred that to yet another post battle protection though as then it'd require actual strategy to counter.

City Defense:
What about a GB that give a % chance to get a 9th Defending Unit to the City Defense Army. The additional unit would be randomly selected by the game from the era of the Player. Maybe too difficult to program given that the whole battle mechanics are designed for armies up to 8 units.

Second option (probably easier to implement): The GB gives a % chance to transform the City Defense Battle into a two wave battle. For second battle:
  • Attacker will have his/her surviving Attacking Army, in whatever injured or full health state, after first battle
  • Defense Army will be in their original health and numbers like at the start of the first battle.
Players will not know if the battle will be single or two wave, it would be randomly decided by the game if there are % Chances from the GB available.

Last edited:

HannahMecoe

Merchant
An AI you can program to play the game for you while you sleep (or get on with life)?

Frinstance, you need lots of supplies asap---so set the AI to repeat 5-minute collections until stopped, and maybe pay something for them.

....and maybe with some inbuilt restrictions that reduce as you level up its GB?

i doubt "unit resurrection" could be game-breaking, unless it is a very high %, say above 80% or even above 100%. having more units available to me just enables me to fight longer in GBG and gain more points, but for as long as at least some units still die, i cannot fight indefinitely. so having that skill on a GB would be a welcome, but not game breaking addition imho :p

but if you want a game-breaking skill, i'd say "Advanced sabotage", that (temporarily) lowers the current level of a single random GB by half of its levels of a target player you defeat in pvp. Especially when this happens to their Arc, it can wreak havoc ;)

CrashBoom

Legend
or simply
conquer a city and then have multiple in one world

like Grepolis where you also have more than one city

but if you want a game-breaking skill, i'd say "Advanced sabotage", that (temporarily) lowers the current level of a single random GB by half of its levels of a target player you defeat in pvp. Especially when this happens to their Arc, it can wreak havoc
You mean that temporarily (maybe for next 24 hrs), the GB at level 80 just gives the rewards equivalent to level 40? The GB stays at level 80.

CrashBoom

Legend
but if you want a game-breaking skill, i'd say "Advanced sabotage", that (temporarily) lowers the current level of a single random GB by half of its levels of a target player you defeat in pvp. Especially when this happens to their Arc, it can wreak havoc ;)
that it is no problem when you have your Arc at level 180 :p
would still work as level 90 so gives more then the 1.9 (or less) you donated