• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

What are the most essential threads a guild should have?

TudorRknRlla

Merchant
Hi, I want to ask here, what are in your opinion the most essential and/or favorite threads a guild should have, and which ones should be in the Guild tab, and which ones should be in the Social tab? I know some guilds have some really funny threads, so please don't mind sharing :)

Solution
When You have enough high level Arc's in guild think about social threads for 1.92, 1.94 etc. and add those whose Arcs qualify
There's a number of guilds who have public 1.92+ threads for all guild members that I've been in, one of them up to 2.0 specifically for obs/arks.

Guild:
  • GBG/GEX for nonleader calls
  • sticks to the bricks (new gb)
  • trades
  • net zero/circle trades
  • guild treasury donations/whats needed
  • competition/game threads just for fun/FP (you can hide them)

Social:
  • Multi-guild gbg coordination
  • Multi-guild chat with allies
  • Public 1.9
  • You broke the rules in gbg/guild and are getting a warning

Just don't make swap threads. Nobody has needed to swap in 10 years since the...
1.9 in Guild Threads.
Guild Thread for player questions
When You have enough high level Arc's in guild think about social threads for 1.92, 1.94 etc. and add those whose Arcs qualify
GBG Thread in Guild threads where You can post sectors, walks, etc.

There's a number of guilds who have public 1.92+ threads for all guild members that I've been in, one of them up to 2.0 specifically for obs/arks.

Guild:
  • GBG/GEX for nonleader calls
  • sticks to the bricks (new gb)
  • trades
  • net zero/circle trades
  • guild treasury donations/whats needed
  • competition/game threads just for fun/FP (you can hide them)

Social:
  • Multi-guild gbg coordination
  • Multi-guild chat with allies
  • Public 1.9
  • You broke the rules in gbg/guild and are getting a warning

Just don't make swap threads. Nobody has needed to swap in 10 years since the ark was made. Use the 1.9! Just no, not even in social tab!

Solution

Harold Nat

Squire
Baking Sudoku Master
In my guild we also have 2 threads where we post att/def values for att/def army, useful to understand where other players are at.
Also, we have a circle trade thread that works the opposite as usual: we create lots of circle trades (like 15 or 20 each time) and guildmates who need them for quests just take what they want.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I like an empty thread list ;)

1.9: Social or Guild, depending on whether you want to include some outsiders. I prefer social for flexibility. Possibly also a separate thread for a higher rate for buildings your guild considers worthy of extra help (but really the benefit from this is not that big imo).
Battleground: Guild, let people know what's going on there
Info thread(s): Guild, Rules/FAQs/Events/Links as needed
Chitchat: I like letting the main thread at the top of guild be used for this purpose, but a thread in social instead can help keep old friends not currently in the guild part of the chat as well. And if your guild has way too many threads it may be hard to keep a battleground thread at the top so sometimes that takes over the main thread and you need a separate one for chitchat.