• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Victory Point calculations in Battlegrounds

babs

Merchant
Need clarification regarding hourly calculation of VP in Battleground. There has been a difference in opinion, on how the VP are being calculated in Battleground. Which is correct:

1. Only in Sectors after being conquered (owned) and flagged, during the hour.

2. Sectors conquered (owned) and flagged, plus all partially started sectors (not conquered), during the hour.

Last edited:

1BFA

Viceroy
Need clarification regarding hourly calculation of VP in Battleground. There has been a difference in opinion, on how the VP are being calculated in Battleground. Which is correct:

1. Only in Sectors after being conquered (owned) and flagged, during the hour.

2. Sectors conquered (owned) and flagged, plus all partially started sectors (not conquered), during the hour.

Only that you own at the top of the hr.

babs

Merchant
Thank you for the quick response. This clarifies my question. I totally agree with your answer. The guild must own the sector during the hour to collect the points. Planting a flag and battling "only" counts towards "owning" the sector. Thereafter, the guild only collects the 1 hr VP for as long as they "own" the sector. Honestly, they were unsure, but thought it counted. I think the wording "hold" verses "own". Maybe they thought if they were "on" a sector they received partial VP points per hour.

A sector cant give its points to two different guilds at the same time. It maybe owned by one guild and being attacked by a second. Only the still owning guild gets the points, the attacking one not yet.

babs

Merchant
Only that you own at the top of the hr.
Thank you for pointing out the once per hour is at "the top of the hour". I want to ensure, I understand correctly. If my guild owns the sector at 11:59, and another guild conquers that sector at 12:00 (top of hour), my guild receives zero VPs and the new guild owner will receive all the VPs allotted for that sector.

1BFA

Viceroy
Thank you for pointing out the once per hour is at "the top of the hour". I want to ensure, I understand correctly. If my guild owns the sector at 11:59, and another guild conquers that sector at 12:00 (top of hour), my guild receives zero VPs and the new guild owner will receive all the VPs allotted for that sector.

Yes, it is always better to get the sector in the last couple of mins, so that you get the vp for that top of the hour + 4 more hours (if your sector wont be taken back in couple of mins)

babs

Merchant
Yes, it is always better to get the sector in the last couple of mins, so that you get the vp for that top of the hour + 4 more hours (if your sector wont be taken back in couple of mins)
I am clear on the top of the hour now. However, do not understand the part: "+ 4 more hours (if your sector wont' be taken back in a couple of mins)". Would you explain for me a little more detail. (I am thinking the + 4 more is the lock down period? But, if that is the case, then my sector could not be taken back in couple mins. So, I am confused a bit). I am so grateful and appreciate the time you are taking trying to get me get this straight.

1BFA

Viceroy
I am clear on the top of the hour now. However, do not understand the part: "+ 4 more hours (if your sector wont' be taken back in a couple of mins)". Would you explain for me a little more detail. (I am thinking the + 4 more is the lock down period? But, if that is the case, then my sector could not be taken back in couple mins. So, I am confused a bit). I am so grateful and appreciate the time you are taking trying to get me get this straight.

2:58 Take the sector
Sector locked for 4hrs 2-58 - 6:58

3:00 Collect Vp -- 1
4:00 Collect vp --2
5:00 Collect vp- 3
6:00 Collect vp-4
6:58 Sector unlocked
7:00 Collect vp -- 5 (if enemy doesn't take your tile in 2 mins).

Now lets do it other way.

3:05 Take the sector
Sector locked for 4hrs 3:05 - 7:05

4:00 Collect vp --1
5:00 Collect vp- 2
6:00 Collect vp - 3
7:00 Collect vp - 4
7:05 Sector unlocked
Any decent enemy has 55 mins to take your sector, so it is unlikely you will get vp@ 8:00... The smart enemy would not take your sector right away @7:05 they would flag it wait and take the sector closer to 8:00

P:S Ofcourse it depends how strong your enemies are, building slots open...etc..

Last edited: