• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Venice Carnival Event

DeletedUser730

Pretty sure this was already said, but it's kinda important: there's no timer to show when you'll get the next rose. Should be added. Otherwise great event; my favorite kind.

DeletedUser730

We live in a world of fools, so enough players will buy chests. And half of them would even buy it if it would hold a 25% chance of all productions going stale in their city if there's also the chance of winning something they desire.

Despite this fact - it would be nice if your game designers could rethink about those 5 roses. A decent amount of hearts (not roses), e.g 1/3 of the chest's price, would be a nice 'good luck next try', the current one is a middle finger held high.

Since it's the same frustrating lottery system as with the soccer event, I can lean back & relax - my diamonds are safe again.
Playing a lottery with the chance of a complete loss just to win a currency with which I can take part in another lottery doesn't encourage me to spend a single cent. Especially when there is nothing in the pot that would be tempting - but everybody has to decide on his own about that. Good luck! ^^

I agree. 5 roses is a big middle finger. So far, that's the only aspect of the event I'd change. Percentage-wise everything seems very fair.

DeletedUser6705

... The duration will be one week on the live servers. I will check for BETA and get back to you on that. ...

Are you sure about the 1 week? The timer on the help window in Beta is currently showing 20 days. Also, just counting the number of roses I have to give to those masks, this could be a bit tight for folks who do not want to spend diamonds on roses... it's 26 tasks, and the number of roses to be handed out seems to increase with every task.

Thanks for any clarification.

DeletedUser6908

Are you sure about the 1 week? The timer on the help window in Beta is currently showing 20 days. Also, just counting the number of roses I have to give to those masks, this could be a bit tight for folks who do not want to spend diamonds on roses... it's 26 tasks, and the number of roses to be handed out seems to increase with every task.

Thanks for any clarification.

The Event lasts for another 20 days. The one week timer is to win the neighborhood prize of the Mask Statue for getting high score on number of hearts won, like the Neighborhood Cup in the Soccer Event.

DeletedUser6908

With the roses going to the bar instead of a pack you might need to spend them right away instead of waiting for a good rose total. I don't mind not having to jump back and forth to inventory to open a pack but it will be more difficult to hit the larger prizes without buying diamonds.

DeletedUser5097

We live in a world of fools, so enough players will buy chests. And half of them would even buy it if it would hold a 25% chance of all productions going stale in their city if there's also the chance of winning something they desire.

Despite this fact - it would be nice if your game designers could rethink about those 5 roses. A decent amount of hearts (not roses), e.g 1/3 of the chest's price, would be a nice 'good luck next try', the current one is a middle finger held high.

Since it's the same frustrating lottery system as with the soccer event, I can lean back & relax - my diamonds are safe again.
Playing a lottery with the chance of a complete loss just to win a currency with which I can take part in another lottery doesn't encourage me to spend a single cent. Especially when there is nothing in the pot that would be tempting - but everybody has to decide on his own about that. Good luck! ^^
Haha, yeah than I'm glad that I'm a lucky fooll :p and won in the first 3 tries all 3 new event buildings of the
chest. Good point I was thinking about it and the risk was 50%/50%, just 50% to win a new event building
and 50% something that I doesn't want/need. So I'm very lucky and happy and I agree that it's a high risk
to win something like roses and that is sad.
Normaly I'm waiting in this kind of events untill a (new) event building comes as daily price that you can
buy directly. In the main time I'm taking some hearts in order to buy the event building that I want when
it's possible, but yeah the chest is much cheaper, but with a high risc and maybe a too high risc.
Can you all give us the stats of the new buildings on day 1 so we know if they're worth it or not? Also, can get get a timer for our next rose?
I won every new event building except for the mask statue, this are the stats of AF:

Karnevalevent5.png
Karnevalevent6.png
Karnevalhoofdevent1.png

Karnevalevent7.png

DeletedUser5429

Quite some people noted that roses went to the roses bar, and never to the inventory.
So, let's go a little further:
  • When you get a roses reward from a quest (or chest), you better have few roses in your bar, else they are lost.
  • You have no roses in your inventory => your tries are limited to 11. Unless you buy your tries with... diamonds.
So it seems tm me that this "small flaw" is purely designed to reduce potential gain, and enhance diamonds spending.
Inno may have learned something from the past, perhaphs a bit too well.

podkap1970

Emperor
i think it will be the first event for me, where i won't take the big chest, because of the 5 % chance
even it was 5 % before, in the last soccer event if i remember right, but there was better other prices in there

lets see what other content we get in this chest in the next few days :)

2000 Hearts for the Store building, maybe 3000 for SoK/Hall of Fame,/Wishing Well ? lets see :)

DeletedUser7239

I agree with you, but i am expecting that are good direct trade prizes(hearts for prizes), not the chest s@@@.
If their intention is to forçe players to open a 25% chest(ie put only good prizes inside the chest not for direct trade),guess what, no € spent again xD same as winter event.

DeletedUser7529

I dont like rewards "you won nothing". Wining 5 roses for 600 hearts is bad. Those are worth 50 hearts, for more you need luck, but still you wont get more than 100 on 5 tries. And other rewards in chest are also usually very poor. 95% chance to get reward worth less than cost of chest IS VERY UNBALANCED.
At least its not winter event "shuffle" gift that meant "you lost all, try again from scratch".

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
In the help popup there is a mention of a special prize for the one who wins the most number of hearts from a single masquerade ball. Can anyone shed more light on this? And I'm pretty much sure this doesn't mean the Mask Statue since it only shows 2 days in the timer.

EDIT: Okay, it means the same as the above. But is the duration of one week?
Yes, the reward is the Mask Statue. The duration will be one week on the live servers. I will check for BETA and get back to you on that.
For BETA, the duration for giving out the Mask Statue will be 3-4 days.

Sl8yer

Regent
Quite some people noted that roses went to the roses bar, and never to the inventory.
So, let's go a little further:
  • When you get a roses reward from a quest (or chest), you better have few roses in your bar, else they are lost.
They are not lost. Your bar goes past 11.

DeletedUser7239

Why keeping adding coins and supplies to chests? and costly 700 hearts with a 25% to coins and 25% to supplies.
I start to think its a fetish or a bad joke.
Ps:5 roses to 25% is a big insult did you know that? at the least i feel deeply insulted with that.

DeletedUser7931

Slight suggestion:
Implement a time counter near the rose to know when the next one will arrive.

DeletedUser7107

yes the chest is horrible. no, i will not spend diamonds on this event as it stands, nor will I do so on the regular servers where i normally would

DeletedUser7932

Does the team ever look at population values anymore? After the Crystal Villa error now we have a a worthless new event villa. 1,170 population for a AF building that is like only 20 more than the PME Bungalow. The happiness part is not an advantage when this 8 hr villa is compared to the one hour Ziggurat that is giving 1,755 pop/happiness. This new building should have twice the pop/happiness it is giving now