• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected Vacation Mode

theocracy

Farmer
Reason
Since it is prohibited to access another account on the same IP, we could access the account of allies in vacation mode, but of course with a limitation on what you can do on it.
Details
Through an invitation, the person you trust could accept and take care of your village while you are away
Balance
add a configuration for vacation mode
Abuse Prevention
No
Summary
Is there a limit for vacation mode? may limit to some minimum amount
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
yes
I don't know about you, but I think there is a need to access the city of some players in the guild due to lack of time with work to do something like GE impulses.
The guild I join is small and we depend a lot on each other and it would be a cool way to help while they don't show up, it would be useful

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Thunderdome

Emperor
Hey NOW! There are times I want to play by myself with ... oh wait, get your minds out of the gutter now.

Still, it's against the rules that we cannot access accounts of others who are gone from the game.

However, if there was a setting where we can activate to acknowledge that we are in vacation mode only to be deactivated upon logging in, then we might be going somewhere.

Specifics
• Game would allow the player about 5 minutes to log out of game once activated. If the player doesn't log out at the time, it will be nullified.
• Player will have their city excluded from the neighborhood shuffle when it happens next. Upon logging back in, that player's city is automatically placed into a neighborhood. Example, if the next shuffle is in 5 days, that player's city will still remain in the neighborhood until that day comes; then it will be placed away until they log back in.
• GE % progress will not be affected should player is not logged in. However, they will sit out from GE (like as if joining the guild the first time).
• GBG will have the player sit out for the season and they cannot get rewards during that time.
• This should be limited to once every month (or even six months, like the name change) to prevent abuse. The game will notify player it would not be possible to activate the mode if the time is less than the allowed.
• Guilds still remain the right to kick out said player to make room for much more active players during this time.

Una Queen

Squire
• This should be limited to once every month (or even six months, like the name change) to prevent abuse. The game will notify player it would not be possible to activate the mode if the time is less than the allowed.
when I played grepolis, you had something like limit 45 days for vacation per year so maybe something like this.

Emberguard

Emperor
If we had a Vacation Mode, I would expect it to be nothing more than excluding your account in all Guild related costs, excluding you from being able to participate in Guild activities during that time period and of course no Guild related rewards such as Guild Battlegrounds end of season rewards

The account could be made immune to plunder while in Vacation Mode, but that really only effects the first 3 or 4 days anyway due to already existing mechanics that remove you from the Neighborhood when inactive and the ability to use the City Shield for the second half of that week

i like emberguard's counter proposition :) but there must be some limitations to activating this as well; for example, you must enable it 3 days ahead of becoming active (with possibility of it being cancelled in the mean time), and when active, not being able to deactivate it for the first 3 days (in order to prevent abuse of not being able of being attacked).
and ofc while active all city timers should be frozen as well, and all GB's should act as if disconnected (to prevent vultures from levelling them or taking cheap p1's etc).

CrashBoom

Legend
and ofc while active all city timers should be frozen as well, and all GB's should act as if disconnected (to prevent vultures from levelling them or taking cheap p1's etc).
isn't that already implemented ?
just delete the road from the townhall :rolleyes:

and btw
a disconected Arc could lose a player (ten-)thousends of FP :eek:

isn't that already implemented ?
just delete the road from the townhall :rolleyes:

and btw
a disconected Arc could lose a player (ten-)thousends of FP :eek:
deleting a road is just a "poor man"'s way of vacation mode :p plus, it does not remove a player from the guild costs for GE etc :) (and ya you could kick a player out of the guild for that, but that's a poor way of doing so too)

oh and the disconnected arc thing: just postpone the fp rewards for contribution in other GB's until the mode is deactivated (and arc is back to working order), that should solve it.

If we had a Vacation Mode, I would expect it to be nothing more than excluding your account in all Guild related costs, excluding you from being able to participate in Guild activities during that time period and of course no Guild related rewards such as Guild Battlegrounds end of season rewards

The account could be made immune to plunder while in Vacation Mode, but that really only effects the first 3 or 4 days anyway due to already existing mechanics that remove you from the Neighborhood when inactive and the ability to use the City Shield for the second half of that week
If I go on vacation as planned, I can take the town hall off the street and everything will be safe.
Since no one is there to harvest, it doesn't matter that there is no daily harvest

I would like an actual vacation mode - don't forget the game may delete your city by inactivity. Maybe a status button that states that you're on vacation mode on the hood bar. I go on 5-15 day vacations occasionally.

There's also a problem with guild population caps, so you're pretty much forced out until you return which is very annoying because you can't collect on the ark if you're not in a guild. There's too many hoops to jump through, make a fake guild, try to get back into you old guild (if there's room). Or try to do all of gex in one day or all the fights you need when you're trying to pack and remember all the things for your actual trip and refresh the flight app that your plane isn't delayed or a freak snow storm. FOE should be the easy part of vacation!

XIA*

Marquis
If I go on vacation as planned, I can take the town hall off the street and everything will be safe.
Since no one is there to harvest, it doesn't matter that there is no daily harvest
more and more buildings do not require a road connection, so they don't stop the production when you remove the road...