• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected Update MMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tywin

Farmer
Reason
Currently the top 4 guilds have to fight weaker guilds, which makes it very boring for those guilds, smaller guilds don't really have a chance to do anything as they are suffocated, they don't have the numbers to do anything.
Details
Let's say there are 100 active guilds, based on the MMR they have, they will be given a leaderboard ranking for GBG. Only the top 8 should ever face each other, then the next 8 and so forth. In this scenario still four guilds would suffer, but at least the four active guilds can have active GBG rounds every time. And the other guilds will be facing each other depending on their activity, giving them a fair chance.
Balance
None.
Abuse Prevention
No.
Summary
The MMR system on FoE is very challenging for all of us, updating this would be a win-win for all guilds.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
Confirm
Proposal:
The MMR system needs to be updated, currently it is to easy for smaller guilds to end in the diamond league and even get the maximum MMR.

Reason:
Currently the top guilds have to fight weaker guilds, which makes it very boring for those guilds, smaller guilds don't really have a chance to do anything as they are suffocated, they don't have the numbers to do anything.

Details:
First two move up, second two stay put, last 4 go down. In other games like OverWatch it is based on your win/loss ratio against other players of your own league. So with a certain MMR you will get in to a certain league, where you fight people of your own caliber. Of course there will be better rewards for who are in higher tier leagues.

So keeping the other guilds score in mind, you should get more MMR against guilds stronger than you and less MMR for guilds weaker than you.

Visual Aids:

Balance:

None.

Abuse Prevention:
No.

Summary:

The MMR system on FoE is very challenging for all of us, updating this would be a win-win for all guilds.

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Tywin

Farmer
I see your concern, but fighting "easier opponents" is based upon who you're fighting against, technically with what I am suggesting everyone who faces each other is of equal strength. So no one should have it "easier", but the guilds facing each other will be more balanced.

CrashBoom

Legend
everyone who faces each other is of equal strength
So no one should have it "easier"
so because I am stronger I have to face stronger opponents

your idea is like
in GEx the opponent always has your boost (so everybody has equal strength opponents)

so why should people get stronger in the first place ?

if they stay weak they get opponents of their strenght: weak opponents

that isn't fair at all

but the guilds facing each other will be more balanced.
in short:
strong fight strong
weak fight weak

so weak get the same rewards for being weak

but fair good game must reward being better

you must give a better definition of "top 4". because, if based on the ranking, it isn't realistic. if based on 'the number of times a GBG is won, sorted by division', then it is much more realistic imho.

CrashBoom

Legend
or we forget MMR and make a real league system

one TOP league
two 2nd leagues
four 3rd leagues
8 , 16, 32 and so on

last 4 move down. first two move up

and obviously the higher the league the better the rewards
it must be more rewarding to have a low place in a higher league than a high place in a lower league

like last in first soccer league gets more money (TV,...) than first in 2nd league

Last edited:

Tywin

Farmer
you must give a better definition of "top 4". because, if based on the ranking, it isn't realistic. if based on 'the number of times a GBG is won, sorted by division', then it is much more realistic imho.

I used our server as a reference, but pretty much as CrashBoom said: First two move up, second two stay put, last 4 go down. In other games like OverWatch it is based on your win/loss ratio against other players of your own league. So with a certain MMR you will get in to a certain league, where you fight people of your own caliber. Of course there will be better rewards for who are in higher tier leagues.

Tywin

Farmer

your idea is like
in GEx the opponent always has your boost (so everybody has equal strength opponents)

that isn't fair at all

in short:
strong fight strong
weak fight weak

Guild strenght is based on activity and on players great buildings, if a guild with 20 active people come against us with 80 active people, they will be shattered. It ain't fun for us, because we have nothing to do on the GBG.

Also how can we determ who is better, if we are constantly playing against "easy" opponents. I think we shouldn't be able to have so many guilds with maximum MMR and even if this is removed. That is even worse, this just makes it a gamble who we play against. Could be good or bad guilds, based on luck.

your idea is like

that isn't fair at all

in short:
strong fight strong
weak fight weak

Of course the strong fighting the strong will be in higher divisions with better rewards, so if the "weak" want to get the better rewards, they need to get stronger and start winning more. Currently there are to many guilds in diamond division while they don't belong there.

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
Proposal:
Update the MMR to be based on a ranking list, currently every guild with 1000 MMR has a chance to be opted against each other, many guilds on our server (Brisgard, Netherlands) are no match for the top 4 guilds.
You are not proposing anything concrete.
We don't know what you want or what that would change.

Tywin

Farmer
If anyone else has a view/addition on how we could make this work. Please feel free to share it here.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Removal of the MMR which only served to install the GbG leagues.
Now let us pass that the situation is perpetuated in a system of championship.

Sl8yer

Regent
If anyone else has a view/addition on how we could make this work. Please feel free to share it here.

Don't think "we" can do that. In order to change something you first need to know how it works. "We" obviously don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.