• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: Unbalanced chest rewards today

DeletedUser6837

Reproduction Steps:
1. On a day where the Easter Event reward is 600 Eggs, and the gold chest costs 120 Eggs (today)
1. With a few hundred eggs, repeatedly choose gold chest for 120 eggs with 25% chance of the 600 Eggs reward

Issue Description (10/10):
The special reward from the gold chest is 600 Eggs with 25% chance. This alone gives back on average more Eggs than it costs to open the chest. Along with the other Egg rewards in the chest, it quickly results in unlimited gold chest opens while building up more and more Eggs.

Player: amaurice
World: zz1
Operating System: WIN 21,0,0,182, Windows 10
Browser Version: Chrome/48.0.2564.116
Viewport Size: 1691x886

I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Yes

DeletedUser6728

so question did you get a positive return, 25% chance is just that does not mean every 4th chest you get the 600 reward, just like a 50/50 coin toss, you can gt heads 20 times, so just curious on your results

DeletedUser2752

Some people on chat went from a few hundred to 10K, so I'm going to go with a yes if you can accumulate enough at the beginning

DeletedUser6728

humm yes it is working wow lets see that on the live servers hopefully

DeletedUser6004

Bug confirmed. Its a basic maths problem. Average number of eggs returned per chest -

Bronze (40 egg cost) = 600 * 0.07 + 70 * 0.17 + 40 * 0.11 = 58.3
Silver (70 egg cost) = 600 * 0.13 + 120 * 0.14 + 70 * 0.08 = 100
Gold (120 egg cosst) = 600 * 0.25 + 200 * 0.13 + 120 * 0.07 = 184

Thats 3 free extra chests for every 2 chests opened. Bronze, Silver Gold.

No rush to fix this bug before it hits the live servers.

DeletedUser5473

Bug confirmed. Its a basic maths problem. Average number of eggs returned per chest -

Bronze (40 egg cost) = 600 * 0.07 + 70 * 0.17 + 40 * 0.11 = 58.3
Silver (70 egg cost) = 600 * 0.13 + 120 * 0.14 + 70 * 0.08 = 100
Gold (120 egg cosst) = 600 * 0.25 + 200 * 0.13 + 120 * 0.07 = 184

Thats 3 free extra chests for every 2 chests opened. Bronze, Silver Gold.

No rush to fix this bug before it hits the live servers.
Not a bug.

DeletedUser1279

Agreed. It is just illconditioned data leading to an act of exponential generosity. The sofware is obviously working perfectly as I have accumulated 53k eggs after extensive testing.

I ran out of breath after 10K

Macha

Squire
at least players can now get their massive amounts of watchfires so hopefully that will be 1 less thing for them to complain about

DeletedUser1153

I'm up to 20K with a dozen of each shrine, oasis etc.

Also, eggs are appearing on every tree every minute. Can't collect them fast enough.

DeletedUser5561

Also noticed that the "grand price" cycles through a number of options, going to the next option every time you win it.

DeletedUser4869

i just clicked over and over. Started out at around 300. ended up with almost 18000 and still climbing. Along the way i accumlated multiple wishing wells, firehouses, and FP packs. If it really works like this on the main server i may need to take that day off work.

DeletedUser4285

@above: inno will make sure it don't work like that on the live servers.

Talking about the luck everyone seems to be having today everyone could end up with tons of SoKs, wishy wells and watchfires .. and of course tons and tons of color guard camps for those high level players who like to see them in their cities. :p

Anyhow can anyone lend me 120 eggs please so I may enjoy some luck too. ;)

DeletedUser4869

woke up this morning and all my eggs are gone. What is with that

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
woke up this morning and all my eggs are gone. What is with that
An ingame announcement was sent explaining the situation.
Greetings Beta,

As those of you who were online since midnight may have noticed, today's daily reward has changed. This is because the egg reward that was there since midnight was exploitable. All eggs gained since midnight, except for those purchased with Diamonds have also been removed. Any non-egg rewards gained since midnight however have not been removed. Thank you to all who pointed out this exploit to us, we appreciate your help.

Your Beta Team

DeletedUser4285

Not sure how inno team can call that exploitable since players were winning it fairly and with lots of luck. :p
25% chance to get 600 eggs plus 13% chance for 200 eggs plus 7% for 120 eggs. 45% total when it came to eggs.
120 eggs for gold chests.
Compared to before a little more of a chance to get the grand prize and less eggs to open the gold chest.

Anyhow inno doing something about it was bound to happen sooner or later. At least other stuff remains with the players which is good enough.
This means no more eggs as daily prizes now right?