• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Not A Bug: Unable to switch off hardware acceleration

• Thread starter DeletedUser4295
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser4295

World: Beta server (zz1)
Browser and Version: Chrome 35.0.1916.153
Overview of the bug: I am no longer able to switch off the hardware acceleration feature - the option does not appear in my settings menu.
Screenshots: None
How often this occurs: Every time I log in.
Urgency: Well it's making the game almost unplayable for me at the moment ...
Preventative Actions: none identified
Summary: Option to switch off hardware acceleration has disappeared.
I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Yes
Have you tried fixing it by using these methods?: No, but it doesn't affect my accounts on Brisgard (en2) or Fel Dranghyr (en6).

DeletedUser2752

Hey guys, was suppose to be an intended feature for update 1.30, so it is not a bug

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4295

Well the option has now re-appeared in my settings menu after a further update. I find it hard to believe that InnoGames would really remove this option, as that would be the end of FoE for me (and presumably many others) - I can't play with the hardware acceleration switched on.

BestWarrior

Baronet
Well the option has now re-appeared in my settings menu after a further update. I find it hard to believe that InnoGames would really remove this option, as that would be the end of FoE for me (and presumably many others) - I can't play with the hardware acceleration switched on.

Subscrive:)

DeletedUser1283

I still have the option in my settings and I remain switched off

Andi47

Overlord
@Inno: ... so you will lose all the players with old graphics cards - and those with new, but incompatible graphics cards, because the game will become unaccessible (or painfully slow) to them with HA forced to be on.

BestWarrior

Baronet
Again the same and i'll be about to leave the game if this happens in the main servers, i can not play like this and this laptop is almost new, i bought it 1 year ago, i'll not buy another one just to play FoE...
If this is intentional, i supose i know why, but be sure Innogames, this is the last game i play from your company.
Can someone give a explanation about what's happenig please?

DeletedUser4295

Come on, sort this out please! Every click I make registers as a double-click, and so it repeatedly brings up a pop-up window asking me if I want to continue with production. It's difficult for me to break out of the pop-up cycle - I have to find a place where the "Continue Production" button has a road underneath, which is not always easy.

I thought the idea was for the game to be coded in such a way that it could tell whether your PC should have the hardware acceleration on or off? That way you can dispense with the option in the settings menu. It doesn't seem to be implemented correctly yet ....

DeletedUser3873

Since the update, the game has gotten even slower than ever. It is completely unplayable for me now. Get this... I complete a task and up comes a menu, right. When I click on that menu, it not only does that but clicks THROUGH the menu and selects whatever is beneath it. So up pops a dialog for a house, or whatever the menu sat on top of and I am asked whether to cancel the production. I click on that menu and once again it clicks through the menu to whatever was underneath it and you cycle there until you just give up and exit the game.

THIS GAME IS UNPLAYABLE IN ITS CURRENT STATE. Whatever you did when you put in the hardware acceleration, which does not benefit me, completely screws the rest of us. Do you honestly want to lose all of us? My laptop is about 4 months old, by the way.

1.30.24655 (04.07.2014 9:00), Liberty (52017), zz1, en_US, WIN 14,0,0,125, Windows 8.1, Chrome/35.0.1916.153, 1920x979, OpenGL (352 MB VRAM)

zl9xx.png

DeletedUser5440

I have same problemes !
impossible to play correctly with this new option :((((((((((

i wil have to stop playing without this option :(

Andi47

Overlord
"not a bug" is definitely wrong. When several players can't access the game now because the HA is forcet on, this is a CRITICAL BUG.

NormaJeane

Viceroy
The fact that HA cannot be turned is not a bug, but the current problems with HA are :eek:

Many changes have been made to the HA and we need to keep it on for now, the developers are working hard to resolve HA issues.

Please post your issues in the Specific-Hardware-Acceleration-feedback so that we can address them.

Also please give us as much info as you can:
Hey guys, just stating that Hardware Acceleration is slow and laggy will unfortunately not help us find the issue with the feature.

Can you please leave your system information, graphic card details, and system RAM information as well if you have complaints that it's slow/laggy?
  • To get system information, go to settings then at the "About" tab click "Copy to clipboard" and paste here.
  • To get graphic card details, go to Start > Control panel > Devices and Printers > Device manager > Display adapters.
  • To get RAM info, go to Start > Control panel > System > View amount of RAM and processor speed.
It would also be great if you could try this out on different browsers and provide the system information on that as well.

Thank you :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.