• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Will Not Fix: Unable to play after update, flash version not avilible for systeem

DeletedUser3489

After your update to flash 11.3 I and other Linux users are not able to play any more, because an up-date to Flash version 11.3 not possible for Linux users. Adobe will not do any updates to the current 11.X branch, other than security up-dates and and stalled at 11.2.

Sovereign

Inhouse Community Manager
Hi,

Does using Google Chrome (Not Chromium) on Linux work for you with this issue? Im not a linux user, so don't really have the ability to troubleshoot this.

DeletedUser

I have had issues with playing using Firefox on Linux since 22nd August 2012 (the date on the support ticket I filed on EN3 server) - I had no issues playing on worlds EN1 and EN4 (which were somewhere in Iron Age) but my main account (LMA at the time - now CA) would crash the Flash plugin for Firefox 4 times out of five shortly after login. I tried Chromium and got the same result and then moved to Google Chrome which worked and have been playing FoE on that browser ever since without issue.

Below is part of the Support Ticket I filed on EN servers (dated 2012-08-28 02:32:44)
On Linux, Firefox & Chromium run (NPAPI-based) Flash version 11.2.202.238 (Adobe discontinued support for Linux at this version) but Google Chrome runs (Pepper-based) Flash 11.3.31.230. Arvahall & Dinegu I rarely play and are back in the Iron Age - My Cirgard account is in LMA so there must be something in the later ages that does not run (to an acceptable performance level) on either Flash version 11.2 or on a non-Pepper-based version of Flash.

Last edited by a moderator: