• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Not A Bug: Unable to place buildings because of negative population

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramirez K.

Farmer
Troubleshooting
Cleared cache
Since today my available population is around... -1,500 (yes, MINUS 1,500), so I am unable to place any building requiring population (e.g. mortar garrison) in my city. Not to mention other drawbacks because of this impossible figure (can't see how available population could drop below zero).
I have absolutely no idea why this is occurring.

Browser or App version and version number
Firefox 124.0.2
Recreation steps
I'd rather not have it recreated since it is really annoying.
Actual Behavior
N/A
Expected Behavior
N/A
Frequency
First time
Can this be reproduced?
N/A

Sunshine

Farmer
I have the same population problem. I built three PE metro entrances (cultural building!) for a quest, and now when I try to delete them it tells me I have too many citizens in employment, and I've got negative population!

There's also another bug. I can't use GBG/event building upgrades. The two I wasn't able to use are a Statue of Honor GBG upgrade, and an Ascendant Grove upgrade.

Sunshine

Farmer
I'm now unable to delete decorations either due to negative population, too many citizens in employment! Which means it's now impossible for me to get any further with the History questline.

Sunshine

Farmer
This is related to todays balancing changes: https://innogam.es/Hero24Changes

Thanks for the information. It does not help those of us who are unable to delete anything including roads, decs and cultural buildings, or even the History event buildings causing the problem, in order to make space to build more population. It will not let me delete anything at all. So I cannot fix this situation in my city, as I don't have space for more buildings.

No reply yet to my ticket from a few hours ago. This is making it very difficult to progress in the event/rival. What do you suggest those in my position do?

Last edited:

Spacey

Farmer
OK, so a reballancing happened without warning, which puts people in negative population. I can't delete, store, or upgrade any buildings to change the population requirements in my city. It did let me place a level 1 building, but I cannot upgrade it further. How was this considered a good idea?

Sunshine

Farmer
OK, so a reballancing happened without warning, which puts people in negative population. I can't delete, store, or upgrade any buildings to change the population requirements in my city. It did let me place a level 1 building, but I cannot upgrade it further. How was this considered a good idea?

Yes, I have the same problem. No reply from support to my tickets despite several hours passing. I am completely stuck. I cannot delete anything - roads, decs, any other type of building. I don't have space to add more population buildings. Support isn't responding to my request that they remove the level 1 mortar garrisons from my city, as that would fix it.

Ramirez K.

Farmer
You juste have to love the "not a bug" tag when it renders players unable to do anything with their city... This is plain ridiculous.

It would have been nice to see some warning beforehand instead of having to sit and do nothing (since storing or selling is impossible). And of course, right in the middle of a rival challenge. Thank you very much.

Last edited:

Sunshine

Farmer
You juste have to love the "not a bug" tag when it renders players unable to do anything with their city... This is plain ridiculous.

It would have been nice to see some warning beforehand instead of having to sit and do nothing (since storing or selling is impossible). And of course, right in the middle of a rival challenge. Thank you very much.
Indeed.

I just came online to find a response from Support. telling me to either build more houses for the extra population, or store in inventory the buildings causing the problem. Very helpful advice /sarcasm

My city doesn't have any space! I can't delete anything! I don't have any storehouses! And I already many hours ago asked Support to delete the level 1 mortar buildings as a way of solving the problem.

Meanwhile, quest 40 of the History event asks me to gain population in my city. SMH.

Magenta

Farmer
Yes it is a BUG!
Because if it prevents me from selling buildings that use up population or to store special buildings using population then it IS A BUG!
How am I going to increase population if your update prevents me from making space to build population buildings??!

Ramirez K.

Farmer
It just blocks you from doing anything : selling or storing decos, roads or anything else is impossible.
Having negative population makes no sense. When one tries to build a production building for instance, it (rightly) isn't allowed when your available population is too low. The game is built so as to prevent a negative figure. The only reason we get one is because of the update which generates an impossible situation.
Even upgrading a special building which GIVES population is impossible. So yes, it definitely IS a bug.
The game is totally broken. Telling us "you just have to increase your population" doesn't mend it, it's just lazy and inconsiderate.

Sunshine

Farmer
Another reply from Support, to let me know the issue has been forwarded to developers. However - no help given by Support to sort out my problem. I'd asked for the level 1 mortar garrisons to be removed, they are still there and I'm still in negative population. All this with event quests needing doing, and the very time limited rival event ongoing. I bet you have a lot of players affected who will simply give up.

This is what I get, even if I try to sell a road or decoration!

1712746221723.png

p.s. I have now managed to place another expansion - so will build population there and solve the problem myself. My sympathy to all who are still unable to do anything. What a ridiculous situation to have put people in. Yes it IS a BUG.

Last edited:

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
The original bugreport was: My population is suddenly negative, I can't place more buildings requiring population.
This indeed is not a bug, because of the balancing changes.
However, not being able to remove buildings that require population or placing ones that provide it is a whole different story. There is another bugreport for that, that will be forwarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.