• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: Trailside Smithy as Daily!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

joyfulrider

Squire
It's bad for the health of the game and would represent a further acceleration of power creep that's already moving way too fast. I got 1 smithy on 1 world (not my main but a low age camping world) - and that was stupid powerful. I regret not going for it in my main. If I could get them straight up as a daily special I'd worry about little else in this event than how many trailside smithys i could get.

Personally I would do little more than laugh if they did leave it in as a special. A continued example of them running the game into the ground ;) But apparently they do have some lines they're not ready to cross. yet ;)
Who cares if you laugh little or heavy.
Game is meant for everyone. Each month new event and new event buildings come up but you guys are arguing to not keep one year passed building not to come up in daily special. People can laugh out loud for it, and what scares you the most.
Everything is a choice, some purchase golden chest pass by using real money, some may use their diamonds to get what they want and some using the daily special to get what they want.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Who cares if you laugh little or heavy.
Game is meant for everyone. Each month new event and new event buildings come up but you guys are arguing to not keep one year passed building not to come up in daily special. People can laugh out loud for it, and what scares you the most.
Everything is a choice, some purchase golden chest pass by using real money, some may use their diamonds to get what they want and some using the daily special to get what they want.
What I want is a well balanced game with appropriate challenges that are realistic and rewarding but requiring longterm planning to accomplish. So raining overpowered buildings is not for me. That ship has sailed though.

raining overpowered buildings
After one year passed, if they add those building in silver league means little happy about it. But no where to see and showing in a daly special which is an event currency stealer because of random picking to obtain how much ever they want is reasonable to me since they are paying the price somehow.

Yeah, you can argue building was so powerful and you can say it as a disaster in the game for displaying in daily special, but not giving a building for other players even after one year and calling it as balance is completely unacceptable.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Daily special is the worst place for such a unique building.

My suggestion is to add a selection kit to grand prices (reachable for free but not too easy), that contains the smithy and some useful alternatives (cobalt blue lagoon would be nice for example, or what about an upgrade kit for the smithy?). Also they should prevent placing the smithy and similar unique buildings multiple times. So if a player already has the smithy from past event, he has to choose something else.
That's the only way I think they would ever try to "sell" old top1-20% league spawner buildings. Perhaps for the spawners with only 1 level a silver and golden upgrade. Provided in the cash passes with only the original in the "free" pass.

Traveler64

Squire
By removing it from the daily special, they spoil the chance players claiming that building. Previously 1% can only able to use that building which 99% of players didn't get the chance to use that building. By keeping in daily special 100% of players can try to grab it from the mini game, which is perfect balancing. 100% of players can possibly try to grab it using diamond or any other approach by having it in the daily special by playing the minigame.

Just because of satisfying the ego of last year players who spend more diamonds to collect that building, removing it for every other players is completely ridiculous.
I spent the entire evening yesterday arguing against removing the Smithy on Discord, and I was the only one. Good to see some people on the forums at least not in favour of removing them!!

They could have at least made it possible to get it ONCE, like most people suggested. But they removed it in its entirety.

Last edited:

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
and put it in a very difficult rival :D
You won the argument!! That's a reasonable solution when compared to removing it completely not displaying anywhere else.

But I am still thinking what would be the difficult rival quest task to obtain the building based on history/fellowship event 2024,
Few suggestions are given below,
- Use 50 ability cards in a day
- Kill all the deck Bosses 2 times without losing
- Use Steal card (grand heist) 8 times

even though these things are easy for diamond farmers, normal players need to dig very deep.
With this guessing, daily special gives a random mechanism for every players to obtain the building which is much more balanced than giving in a rival difficult quest area.

As others pointed out in earlier comment, having the last year gold league special building getting place in the current year silver league event progress makes more sense. Year after year, silver league get a selection kit to show all previous years gold league building in it. This approach also falls under "ONLY ONCE" collecting the building in the current event progress. I don't see any imbalance or logic mishandling in it.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
What a difficult rival may be, is subjective. For some it could be beating X armies w/o losing in between. For others it may negotiate X times w/o losing in between in GbG. Hitting a given level of attrition in GbG or a given number of advancements. Collecting X goods depending on age could be seen as hard. Another possibility could be a rival that's considered expensive. Like asking the purchase of huge amounts of fps alongside significant goods donations to the guild. While others may find the event minigame on its own challenging thus simple tasks regarding it could be considered hard for them but this is more delicate. As it could border and crossing the line of difficult to complete or straight up P2W.

forwandert

Farmer
I've got a few 1% buildings but there's some more I would have played for if I'd noticed their capabilities at the time or if I hadn't spent too long figuring out how to play the various new mechanics. That just annoyed me into not spending at all on some events.

I'm not sure they should go to silver league, I'd be more inclined for them to be in the gold pass somewhere so they held some value from the original investment of time/money from obtaining them. That way I could still get them and if someone already had them they could win another.

If they're in silver league unless its an event that you win all the league rewards like previously, someone aiming for gold would miss out on them.

Emberguard

Emperor
I'm not sure they should go to silver league, I'd be more inclined for them to be in the gold pass somewhere so they held some value from the original investment of time/money from obtaining them

What investment are people trying to save? It provides 4 Sunhaven Palaces per year prior to any modifiers such as Blue Galaxy or Finish Special

Anyone who got one last year wouldn't get much use out of a 2nd+ Trailside Smithy when it comes to the Fragments output. I know those that post their Jester farm progress already reached the point of replacing the Jesters and Sunhavens with other buildings ages ago, and in my own city I stopped placing down Sunhavens months ago.

I see no problem with allowing everyone access to the Trailside Smithy in a Free-to-Play obtainable area. Even if it were restricted to 1 per Event appearence there's no reason to begrudge the rest of the playerbase the opportunity to acquire them. The investment has already completed its purpose. Obtaining more isn't going to change anything for a city that already has one, neither does letting others have one change the value of my own.

I don't need to keep everyone else weak by preventing others getting the same stuff just to play in a game. If I did that wouldn't say much for my skills as a player. The argument of it reappearing after a year somehow diminishing the value doesn't make sense when every building reappears a year after introduction. If it truly made something worthless then that'd be true for everything, not just this one building people had already been saying would reappear in a years time back when it was originally introduced a year ago

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.