• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected Toggle whether your own GBG sector color is white via settings

Reason
This will help battleground 'leaders' because it helps them view the board from other guild's perspectives by training their brain away from solely focusing on the white sectors
Details
A setting, called something like "View your own guild's sectors as white" that defaults to on/checkmarked
If not checkmarked, then instead of white, you would see color the other guilds see you as based on your HQ location
Balance
-
Abuse Prevention
-
Summary
Please provide a checkbox that when checked, which is the default, causes your own sectors in GBG to appear white as they currently do. When unchecked, however, they would appear in the colour that other guilds see you as, for example on the screenshot my guild's sectors would become orange.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
Yes
In competitive battlegrounds as a leader/commander, a lot of time is spent learning looking at the timers around your sectors and the path you're following, and building a mental model of the map and timers. Because of how much time is spent getting good at this, it becomes difficult to see the board from the other guild's perspective because your brain gets trained to view white sectors a certain way, and it gets hard to flip that to analyze another guild's path when you're working to block them. If a setting were available that would make your own sectors and flags appear as other guilds would see them, it would be a lot easier. Personally I've overcome this years ago and can imagine the board from each of our competitor's perspectives, but having the ability to see your own true colour would greatly lower the required brainpower and thought necessary for this for new people and lower the training time needed for new battleground leaders/commanders.

One consideration if this is approved..
If it's too hard to turn on/off, like, if you agree it should be under settings, people may accidentally turn it on and then get confused and not know where to turn it back off, whereas if it's on the GBG map similar to the toggle that shows the sector names and building counts, it would be accessible.
I think the best place is under settings, but if you fear people would turn it on (off) by accident and not know how to get it back to how they like it, then make it as accessible as the simple/detail view button.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I'm not following this. If it were possible to change my guild's color from white to another color what possible difference would it make? How would going from all white to, say all magenta, help anyone better understand the map?

angelgail

Baronet
it dont an you not white/grey that just how you see your self ,but to others you have a color ,blue,orange ,yellow or the others i like to know what they see us as .

it dont an you not white/grey that just how you see your self ,but to others you have a color ,blue,orange ,yellow or the others i like to know what they see us as .
It must be different for each adversary.

A little logic!
There are 5 colour available for other guilds in same GbG.
If each has a set colour, then what happen to their colour when seen from their POV? They are white, but you cannot be the same colour for all of them!

Hence, the colour associated with each guild depend on the viewer. Maybe something like colour assigned clockwise, starting with white for yourself.

mcbluefire

Baronet
In GBG each guild has one of 8 colors. We see ourselves as white the other 7 guilds see us as blue (if we are blue). It is not random and each guild does NOT see us as some random color. The guild you see as yellow, red, purple, etc - all the other guilds see them as that as well, except of course...that every guilds sees themselves as white.