• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Not A Bug: Timer on housing buildings in space colonies

Vimesfan

Merchant
Baking Sudoku Master
Troubleshooting
n/a
I've noticed that when I put up housing in a space colony, the timer for when you can collect credits does not start until I re-enter the space colony after the building finishes construction. As an example, I put up more housing in my Venus colony on beta about 24 hours ago. These houses take 1 hour to finish construction. When I came back to the space colony this evening, none of the new buildings were offering any credits. The 4 hour timer only started when I entered the colony.

Housing in the regular city does not work this way. If I put down housing in my main city, as soon as the building finishes construction, the timer immediately starts to produce coins.

I see this same behavior not just on beta but on the US server, too. Is this intentional? If so, why? If not, can you please fix it? Thank you.

Browser or App version and version number
Chrome Version 115.0.5790.171 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Recreation steps
Every time I put up a housing building in a space colony, all space ages.
Actual Behavior
Timer on building fails to start when construction is completed.
Expected Behavior
Timer should start as soon as building finishes construction
Frequency
all the time
Can this be reproduced?
yes

Vimesfan

Merchant
Baking Sudoku Master
Thanks. I had not noticed it before in all the years I've been playing. Disappointing, really. Oh well. Now I know.