• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Not A Bug: Timer Gets Reset When Collecting +10 FP

DeletedUser

World: zz1.
Browser: Chrome.
Screenshots: N/A.
How often this occurs: Always.
Urgency: Please fix before 1.29 goes live.

Note
Please fix this. It's really, really annoying that we have to wait untill the timer gets to 60 minutes before we can collect our GBs or use FP-packages so that we don't lose the time that has already been accumulated in the FP bar. Some might not see this as a problem, but wasting 30 minutes here and there eventually sums up to a couple of FPs that is just being wasted because of this bug. And I hardly belive that this is how it's supposed to work.

Description
When collecting 10 FPs or more, the timer in the FP bar gets reset. So for instance, if the timer was on 30 minutes, and we then collect 10 or more FPs, the timer will get reset back to 60 minutes. Earlier this might have not been considered a bug, but I hardly think it's supposed to be like that now, because then we will lose FP-time each time we collect a GB that gives us 10 or more FPs.

Expected Result
When we collect enough FP to reach 10 or more FPs in the bar, the timer should pause on it's current time instead of being reset. So for instance, if we collect 10 FPs when the timer is on 30 minutes, the timer should pause on 30 minutes and when there's 9 FPs or less, the timer should proceed from 30 minutes instead of 60.

Steps to reproduce
1. Wait untill your timer is below 60 minutes, for instance 30 minutes.
2. Collect enough FP to reach 10 FPs or more in your bar.
3. Spend some FPs so that your bar starts to produce FP again.
4. Check the time untill you next FP. It has been reset back to 60 minutes.

conqueror9

Regent
1. I agree with Falcon93
they should not reset timer

nowaday, we play various world, we cannot wait ...wait...
something we need to do immediately
similarly, something need to be done in other game world

if each game wrold ask for wait
it make player lost their interests...
they just jump to other games...but the worst, they will forget to come back

Andi47

Overlord
Yes, maybe this is not actually a bug... but anyway it is annoying that as of now the 10-FP-packages are only "usable" for ~2 minutes every hour (just after the timer reached a full hour - spend all your FP and then use the 10-FP-package) - at any other time using the 10-FP-package would make you lose lots of time to generate FPs due to the timer reset... :(

So even if this is not a bug - PLEASE - instead of resetting the timer - make the timer stop when using a large FP package (or collecting FP from building and reaching 10) and continue from where it stopped when you spend these FP.

DeletedUser

If we are enough people that upvote this, maybe they can change it :)

DeletedUser2752

I agree that this is not a bug :p

..but it would be nice if the timer paused instead of reset

conqueror9

Regent
Wouldn't mind that either pausing the timer...but I guess that is not so easy to implement as it sounds ;)

It is impossible to do if it is a time-flag in computer....a computer-time-flag cannot be pasue, it can only be reset

But it is quite easy to allow the timer to count down ,
just when it mature,
it cannot add 1 fp due to "bar full"
that is to say
10 fp + 1 "pending 1 fp" if player absent for 11 or more hour

new timer cannot be start as the "pedning 1 fp" is still outstanding action to do
It is matter whether designer are willing to do it only..

DeletedUser

2 solutions for this, either would work fine:
1. pause the timer when 10+ FP exist (don't reset, pause)
2. keep the timer going -- the player is going to use those FPs within seconds anyways -- don't "give" an FP if timer reaches 0secs and 10+ FP continue to exist in pool.

either one will fix the whole annoyance with having a full FP bar.
This has always been an annoyance of mine btw, not just now, the 10 FP packs are a pain to use, so I always get rid of them when my timer is near 60 mins, they're a pain to keep because of the reset. Now the GBs will have the same problem, and they'd be worse cause they're "collected" not just used at our leisure.