• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected Things to change in the game:

Status
Not open for further replies.

vesgouo

Baronet
I will be short and direct because my English is weak:

Things to change in the game:
  • Remove the 2x1 trade limit (Why does this still exist?)
  • Filters to GREAT BUILDINGS on ranking table ( Like THIS)
  • Longer LOG of EVENT HISTORY (More days)
  • Option to Block Polish on DECORATIONs (I do not use decorations just because they steal poli/mo) (THIS)
  • Prominent color on the hisper tab if there is new chat message (i never notice new msgs)
  • Bigger Msg Center (Why it´s too small?)
  • Return to where you left in rankings page if you visit a player from rankings list
  • [_]Guild [_]Neighborhood [_]Friends - Tickable options to make offer on market (To made offers just to OUT of guild)
  • [_]FAIR TRADE - Filter on market.
  • Increase the limit of FP bar
  • Change the filters on LOG of EVENT HISTORY for TABS:
__[ALL]____[AID]____[BATLLE]____[GUILD]____[FRIEND]____[TRADE]__

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Pafton

Viceroy
Extremely good ideas. I agree with most of them, especially the last FP related one. However, I for one would prefer that the message centre is expandable i.e. it can be shuffled between its present size and large size.

However, the only one I disagree with is the Event History one, as for more advanced players, increasing the duration of days might make it way too loaded for them.

Overall, in general I would give this idea a +1.

vesgouo

Baronet
The FP bar is OK now. Players have to log in often to spend the FPs, so inactive players are punished. If we can collect more, that would be good for less active players, so this isn't a good idea.

The idea is that the Fp LIMIT of the bar will continue at 10.
However, when you reach 10 points the time countdown to the next point does not stop.
When 1 second left to reach the 11th point, then the clock hangs.
In that case, you will not win the 11th point until you spend what you already have.
>>> And the points that you collect in your city, of special buildings, can be collected without the limit of PF in the bar.
Like... You can collect the 173 FPs that your city produced... all at once.
But you will not earn any new points until you spend them until they fall below 10.

Miepie

Baronet
Personally I'd like a filter on the guild contributions. I'd like it if GB rewards were added to the history. I'd like a working history on GvG, going back at least 24 hours or better 48 hours.

Of the mentioned options I do not need a fair trade filter, I mean what is fair trade? I've heard different opinions about that one. I certainly do not need or want auto recycle on my production buildings because it would only mean that I'd have to check them all if I get an (event) quest where I have to to 20 x 5 minutes or something like that. I don't really need more days in my event history, it takes long enough to load as it is.

A block on polish for deco's would be nice, simply to give me the option to decorate my city for the holidays but I can do perfectly well without it.
I don't really have a problem with the 1:2 trade limit.

For the rest of your ideas +1

DeletedUser4446

Most of these ideas should have been in the game a long time ago, so a +1 for this. Developers take note, and get on it:)

A few exceptions -
Like Miepie said, a 'fair trade' filter is impossible, because across different FoE worlds the fair trade ratios that players use are different.

I also need a 'great building events' filter in the history screen.
And again, like the previous poster says, not only your own level ups, but also the ones that you got a reward out of.

And while you're at it, add 'tavern events' as well :)

DeletedUser7640

I don't agree with the Fair Trade Filter, for reasons already stated.

I wouldn't use Auto-recycle on Production buildings, so I'd want a way to turn it off globally.

Otherwise, +1

DeletedUser5383

I agree with most of above, but feel you missed out one thing we could do with, that would be less hassle is if you could buy FP's/use packets while you are in the market. I'm fed up of having to back out of where I am in the market to buy FP's/use packets and then go find the goods I want again.
Especially when I might be trading goods to get other goods, keeping a mental tally, which you lose when you realise you have to back out of the market to get FP's.
And another thing, in battles get rid of the yellow comformation move thing, it interupts the flow of the game and if I make a dodgy move then thats tough, but I'll live with it.

DeletedUser1283

I agree with most but not with these
Option to Block Polish on DECORATIONs (I do not use decorations just because they steal poli/mo) (THIS) NO it is part of the game not to use Decos.
Bigger Msg Center (Why it´s too small?) NO, better would be option to move the box from the centre of the screen so i can see maps while doing the messages
FP Limit is there to make you come back to game more oftern but a small increase to say 20 FP would be nice

Sl8yer

Regent

- The trade limit is there to make abuse more difficult.
- Fair trade does not exist. It is a player's invention

Everything else is not really that important. You are playing a game. Put some effort into it. Not everything has te be easy.

DeletedUser7265

The trade limit is there to make abuse more difficult.
Oh yes, very difficult to make trades 1:2 BA-AF goods. The ratio is really not necessary.

Increase the limit of FP bar to COLLECT points from buildings on city (It´s annoying to colect a bunch of SOK, WW, Bazaar, GBs, etc., and still getting continuous error messages every time they exceeds 10 Fp on bar)

+1!

Some people understood that wrong. But it's really annoying, not being able to collect all your buildings. And it's totally inconsequent:
100FP-Relics you CAN stack. I had over 10 FP in the bar, got a 100 FP.Relic, a 20-FP-Relic and a 100-FP-relic. After that I had 238 FP in the bar. So if this works with relics why not with shrines, GBs and whishing wells? Not understandable.

Everything else is not really that important. You are playing a game. Put some effort into it. Not everything has te be easy.

Knockout argument. You could post it everywhere any time. Senseless.

DeletedUser7265

What you forgot:
Possibilities to spend a lot of FP comfortable. Thousands of FP with 10FP-packages is a real torture.

vesgouo

Baronet
- Fair trade does not exist. It is a player's invention

Fair trade can be calculated in numbers.
It is not invention. Its math.

Nowadays most guilds require their members to place only fair offers in the markets, within a widely spread pattern:
1x2 for one earlier era, 1x1 in the same era and 2x1 for one later era

Considering that the vast majority adopts this standard, Could be adopted checkbox to filter the offers:
____[X] Profit____[X] Fair____[X] Loss____

- The trade limit is there to make abuse more difficult.
The trade limit only makes it difficult to trade goods between distant ages.
And it has almost no effect on preventing abuse.

Some people understood that wrong. But it's really annoying, not being able to collect all your buildings. And it's totally inconsequent:
100FP-Relics you CAN stack. I had over 10 FP in the bar, got a 100 FP.Relic, a 20-FP-Relic and a 100-FP-relic. After that I had 238 FP in the bar. So if this works with relics why not with shrines, GBs and whishing wells? Not understandable.

+1

What you forgot:
Possibilities to spend a lot of FP comfortable. Thousands of FP with 10FP-packages is a real torture.

+1

Miepie

Baronet

Nowadays most guilds require their members to place only fair offers in the markets, within a widely spread pattern:
1x2 for one earlier era, 1x1 in the same era and 2x1 for one later era
+1

And you yourself provide the proof that it is indeed a players invention, and not set in stone. On my language server trading goods form the colonial and up 1x2 or 2x1 is not considered fair trade, we tend to use the dppro norms, so there you go

Sl8yer

Regent
Oh yes, very difficult to make trades 1:2 BA-AF goods.

More difficult than 1:100

Knockout argument. You could post it everywhere any time. Senseless.

Senseless is to ask for changes that have already been rejectred. It's a bit like a kid that continues whining cause his mother denied him candy.

1x2 for one earlier era, 1x1 in the same era and 2x1 for one later era.

Show me where Inno mentions fair trade as something they want as a part of the game.

Fair trade is made up by players and is total rubbish. You mention one type of fair trade.

Here is another that does not use the 1:2 ratio

http://foe.dppro.nl/?l=tools&s=fairtrade

Now how can it be "fair trade" if there are different versions?

Fair trade is made up by players and not supported by Inno.

Edit: NormaJeane - 2016-11-13 - replaced an inappropiate word

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6705

To my mind there are three main considerations a guild could use when they define how they want to trade:

a) the old 2:1 and 1:2 when trading across one age up or down - this makes a lot of sense in young ages when production costs actually do double with each age - in my own guild we kept this ratio even in higher ages as a matter of convenience, preferably to using a 3rd party website to check trades
b) 3rd party websites that take the actual ratios of production costs into account - cumbersome, and this will slow down trades, as players may not want to bother checking unless they are desperate for a trade
c) even more customised rates taking into account space and people - how is an 1:1 trade ratio between paper and porcelain fair, if you can cram 2 paper mills on the same space as your porc factory? Later on some goods factories give you happiness, while others cost you happiness ...

I do not believe the actual rates used by a guild matter, as long as the same calculations are applied every time, as the same players who may be up on the deal when trading up will "repay" the perceived advantage when they are trading down once they have progressed a bit further in their current age.

Status
Not open for further replies.