• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Not A Bug: Temple of Relics has only half of the chance to get relic than it says? (n = 113 encounters)

Andi47

Overlord
Reproduction Steps:
1.) finish (lots of encounters in) guild expedition and count the relics you get....
Observed:
a.) Last week, I got 1 relic with ~24 encounters (Temple was raised from level 1 to 4 during this time)
b.) This week I did 41 encounters so far and got 3 relics (Temple raised from 5 to 6 during this time)
c.) DonSaldo told me that he finished GE (48 encounters) and got 3 relics (Temple raised from 3 to 4 in the meantime)

Expected:
It is easy to calculate the statistical "expected value", i.e. the number of wins when you do a large number of plays (in this case: relics for solved encounters): Just multiply the number of finished encounters by the probability to get a relic (e.g. for a probability of 12.5% the mulitplicator would be 0.125)

a.) The expected value would be ~24*0.125 (taking a temple at level 2) ~3 relics for 24 encounters. (I got 1)
b.) The expected value would be 41*0.14 (taking a temple at level 5) ~5.7 relics (I got 3)
c.) The expected value would be 48*0,13 (taking a temple at level 3) = 6,2 relics (DonSaldo got 3)

==> it appears that the temple of relics rewards approximately half of the relics it should reward according to the given percentages.

Issue Description (10/10 with a sample size of n=113 encounters): it appears that the temple of relics rewards approximately half of the relics it should reward according to the given percentages. With n=113 this looks to me like this is a bit more than just bad luck.

Player:
World:
Operating System:
Browser Version:
Viewport Size:

1.81.de83f3e (14.07.2016 8:58), Andi47 (73349), zz1, en_US, WIN 22,0,0,209, Windows 10, Opera 38.0.2220.41, 1920x942, OpenGL (336 MB VRAM)

I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: yes, nothing found in the bugs forum. (I did not scan the feedback thread)

DeletedUser

(no delete option)

Last edited by a moderator:

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
The chances have been reviewed, there is no issue. While the expected number says on average you would get a relic on X encounters based on the drop chance, this average is based on a super large pool of data. In the long run, your average of relics will lean toward the listed drop chance.