• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Support Factor?

DeletedUser4679

What's this?

Does it mean that Progressive Era sector require 6 times as much support pool than a sector in Iron Age?

Also, how does support pool actually work, is it 50 pool = 50% defense, assuming Iron Age?

DeletedUser1418

Theres a lot unclear about the maths. The explanation in the announce is very unclear.
I would like to see examples per age how this is calculated

DeletedUser1264

Can someone please explain how the support factor is calculated, please and thank you kindly?
I've read what the "GvG users' guide" says about it, but it's much too vague.

DeletedUser

We really need an answer to this. How can we report bugs if we don't know how to calculate? I have definitely seen the math not working right. Saw my guild on the regular servers go from a total of 43 boost to 47 the next day after gaining level 1 which has a plus 10 to guild support pool. No one left the guild. So plus 10 to support pool means plus 4?

You have got to help us here.

Aggressive NPC counterattacks. All aggressive NPC sectors attack all guild controlled sectors adjacent to them. This is not a fully simulated battle, but merely does one point of damage to either a random defending enemy army or to the siege army (if the sector is currently under siege).
Guild Level calculation.
Guild ranking calculations.
Support Pool/Support Bonus calculation
Power is paid out.
Attack protection on sectors is lifted.
If you have relocated your HQ the previous day, the relocate option is reset and you are again able to move your guild headquarter.

Emphasis mine.

Last edited by a moderator:

HuscarlTW

Squire
I have figured out the answer to this. Support pool = 3 per defense GB level in the guild + guild level support pool bonus

Example: say I am a 5 man guild, and each of us has a level 10 deal castle and level 10 SBC, with a level 0 guild. My guild's support pool is 300.

In the iron age, it takes 75 support pool to fill up your HQ to 75% atk/def
Then, all adjacent hexes receive what's left, and split it amongst themselves. Let's say my HQ has 2 adjacent sectors. Then they will each receive 50 of my guild's support pool. (300 - 75 - 100 = 125 remaining)
Then, all adjacent hexes to those hexes split what's left. Let's say there are 5 adjacent hexes to those 2. Then they will split the 125 equally, and each receive 25% bonus.

Now, let's repeat this scenario in the CA. CA has a support factor of 3. Now all hexes use up 3x as much support pool to grant the same bonus.

CA: My HQ still receives 75% attack, but instead uses up 225 support pool (75 remaining)
The two adjacent hexes split the remainder (75/2 = 37.5 per hex -> 37.5 / 3 = 12.5 = 13)

So with a support pool of 300 my CA HQ will receive a 75% bonus, the two adjacent hexes receive 13% each (I think), and all other hexes get 0% bonus.

Let's repeat in the PE. 300 / 6 = 50% to the HQ. No other sectors get any bonus.

Hope this helps.

DeletedUser1264

"Support factor" is an extremely misleading name for it. It's a Provincial Handicap.
But thank you for the clear explanation, Huscarl.

Andi47

Overlord
I thought 13% is split between the sectors directly next to the HQ...

Huscarl did the splitting between these two sectors in the first step of his calculation (highlighted by me):

(75/2 = 37.5 per hex -> 37.5 / 3 = 12.5 = 13)

And yes, "support factor" is extremely misleading (it's neither support, nor a factor, hence the support pool is divided by this "factor", and not multiplied. )

Last edited:

DeletedUser4846

That's a great explaination Huscarl!

As for the name, maybe instead of Support Factor maybe it would be better called "Sector Support Cost"? The cost on the support pool for the sectors. "Support Cost Factor"? I think the name cost or something needs to be associated to make it clearer.

DeletedUser1264

As for the name, maybe instead of Support Factor maybe it would be better called "Sector Support Cost"? The cost on the support pool for the sectors. "Support Cost Factor"? I think the name cost or something needs to be associated to make it clearer.

Provincial Handicap would sum it up. It varies by province/era, not by sector/hex, and "factor" sounds like something that increases values, while this reduces them.