• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Summer Event 2023

Yekk

Regent
I have yet to receive a single doubloon from an incident
I have only seen one for the event. The correct fix would have been to credit players for an average number of doubloons they would have seen so far along side the "fix" done. The mistakes this event has leads me to wonder if they are on purpose either to hurt the players, Inno, or both. A copy and paste event in the pre alpha stage.

CDmark

Baronet
The drought is over, just got 5 doubloons from an incident. That's half of a try in the event, lol. Yeah this event is pretty much over for me.
CDmark incident scoreboard - 0 Nolan Ryan needed a day of rest in this intense matchup so they bring in Tom Seaver, from the high heat to Mr Perfect. Well, maybe tomorrow although Vegas has "Maybe Not" as the favorite.

Great buildings, if I can ever unscramble what is what.

The tossed coins are a nuisance, at least put them all face up.

The event does seems a bit stingy on the gold coins, both from quests and from incidents. And I think it would make everyone very happy with Inno if the mystery chests were to return. A great building is only great if one has a chance of actually building the blasted thing.

Last edited:

SirAlucard

Steward
I don't think you understood what I was referring too... the newer event buildings now range forge points dependent on Age/Era. So YES the amount of forge points generated by the new event buildings do range and give more for later ages.

It does cost more forge points to go through research yes...you also get expansions and can add more forge point generating buildings with those expansions right? So that argument is null (and frankly could be used better for the opposite, since later ages have access to more space for resources).

GBs cost the same forge points to level no matter what age your city is in.
We're talking about 2 FP per Skull cave and 4 FP per Trading Post less in lower ages. So what? There has to be an incentive to climb the ages, no? And no one forces anyone to build e.g. an Arc in Iron Age. Player's are also not intended to have endgame GBs in the lower ages. Yes it's possible and it's nice to have them, but the limited space makes it clear, that you should not have them. Are you starting to ask next to have the same space to build on as someone in SAJM? PLEASE be reasonable, there are tons of buildings out there, that deliever the same amount of FP in every age. Just because people get a few more, the higher the age, doesn't automatically mean, that low age players getting punished. See it more like, finally the high age players don't get punished anymore. My points still stand, high age players got punished by having the same amount as a low age player per building in the past while they had to spend WAY MORE FPs to climb the ages or get the GBs. There is nothing wrong with high age players getting a hand full more FPs than a low age player.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
There has to be an incentive to climb the ages,
Than why punishing fighters but rewarding traders and fp-farmers for advancing into the space ages? Doesn't make any sense. If Inno wants us to continue aging up past FE, OF/VF than they shouldn't continue to punish fighters while rewarding traders and fp-farmers only for doing so. It somewhat makes sense to buff fps in higher ages, yes but the penalties don't.

qaccy

Emperor
Than why punishing fighters but rewarding traders and fp-farmers for advancing into the space ages? Doesn't make any sense. If Inno wants us to continue aging up past FE, OF/VF than they shouldn't continue to punish fighters while rewarding traders and fp-farmers only for doing so. It somewhat makes sense to buff fps in higher ages, yes but the penalties don't.
Punishing...what, exactly? I think it gets overlooked that a player capable of battling is able to achieve victory at a far lower absolute cost than someone who negotiates. As in, a negotiation always costs goods, even when successful. A battle on the other hand can cost absolutely nothing, if all 8 troops are still alive at the end. I guess a better question to ask is how the non-fighters are getting 'rewarded' for aging up here, at least in some way that doesn't also apply to fighters.

docthib

Farmer
hello, I dont see how finish this event.
For the moment, we win 10 doubloons/ day + 10 doubloons /quest
if we win 2 steps for 10 doubloons, i think i will arrived to 240 progress maybe 260 with luck
this is give me 7 trading post upgrade with the upgrade of quest line . With the lvl 1, i can have only the trading post lvl 8.
i cant finished the event like that !!

daily quests and main quests give each 10 doubloons
ussually, daily quests give more items that main quests.
and that's why i think i cant finish the building of the event

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Punishing...what, exactly? I think it gets overlooked that a player capable of battling is able to achieve victory at a far lower absolute cost than someone who negotiates. As in, a negotiation always costs goods, even when successful. A battle on the other hand can cost absolutely nothing, if all 8 troops are still alive at the end. I guess a better question to ask is how the non-fighters are getting 'rewarded' for aging up here, at least in some way that doesn't also apply to fighters.
Keen eye is a penalty for fighters, colony is a reward for traders. No rocket science

CDmark

Baronet
It might have been mentioned but I got the daily key (I am going for epic selection kits) then I got the 1 partial key afterwards. I didn't see the +10 like in winter event. I wasn't watching my doubloons at the time but is that gone too? Looking back at posts, I see that it is removed, really?
So a partial turquoise key for a calendar that will take diamonds to complete, a waste of 10 doubloons (+10 made it break even, +2 grand prize advances, fair trade). Actually, you have to waste 10 doubloons to get the first key (again, for the diamond calendar). In this type of event, slower ones, many wait for one daily special they like, then spend, at least that is what I recommend to guildmates. SO, one can get that key fragment multiple times, multiple waste of 10 doubloons. Again, a checkmark in the NO BUENO column.

So, let me see if I get this
1) Remove the extra ways to get event currency when playing the board (surprised show 2 has +3 doubloons, you forgot to remove it)
2) Stiff us on the incidents (yes I know they changed the amounts, read it)
3) Same impossible calendar as winter event unless you spend diamonds which I can live with, just wont do
4) Give us the opportunity to be part of the 95th percentile that does NOT get the fully leveled event building based on our daily collection
5) Terrorize us every shuffle with the treasure map dealer
6) Other things mentioned in the previous 20 pages

It is like you copied what is beneficial for Inno so players have to spend diamonds if they want to get the L9 Trading Post, I am not even talking about the golden upgrade, just the fully leveled event building, L9 trading post. I find it hard to believe Mooingcat has a simulator and Inno doesn't?
I think some changes need to be made to make this a workable event for at least 75% of the players, maybe up to 90%, to get a L9 trading post.

I don't want to sound all negative, the Trading Post is a very nice event building AND it provides attacking A/D with DEFENDING ATTACK. You introduced GE5 using defending army stats, fine. You stated challenge and over time...
"With the inclusion of upcoming new sources and strategic use of those, you will be able to gradually improve your defense bonuses. It is meant to be a marathon and not a sprint."
This is one of those new sources but if you make it so we spend diamonds, then put that in your announcement (after "sprint"...and it will cost you diamonds). This includes those that pay $15, they should get the viceroy upgrade when you get the L9 trading post. They pay, you give. This is how you will generate revenue. If players want more, pay more, I don't think anyone would argue with that business model. Doing fragments for the golden level, many don't like but I can live with it considering a building like the Trading Post. L9 is very good and in X days, it will get the Golden upgrade, a real whammy, this you did great (don't change it).
If a player spends $15 and gets 1 viceroy and 1 buccaneer bay (Golden Trading Post) right away, do you think they are now going to be able to battle E80? No way, these are 2 pieces of the puzzle, make them achievable (reminder, this is for someone paying too).

This event is based on luck so you will have to error on the side of giving a bit more currency. But you know you can make it so if someone is very lucky, they will not get a second one, just those 2 - 3 upgrades for next year. Other events, require a lot of planning and activity, sounds fine to me. Just don't make them so exact that I will need a quantum computer to figure it out, some complexity good, too much people get aggravated.

I personally like that it is a slower event, for me, a break is needed from an event with daily activity. I got lucky and won 8 epic selection kits plus the L1 gov villa in the grand prize line, I can at least get that building. But, the key word is LUCKY. I got 3 or 4 early and then shuffle 10-20 doubloons later. I got 2 with "show 2". I have played winter event with the shuffle for the last 5 years so I know the difference.

Heinrich IV

Merchant
Based on MooingCats analysis an fully active player will get 1110 doublons. This results in
- 111 coins for most unlucky players (missing 169)
- 222 coins for normal players (missing 58) and
- 333 coins for lucky players (Event building without diamonds.
To get the building with diamonds a standard player needs to buy 29 trys with diamonds. At a rate of 100 diamonds per try this will be 2900 diamonds (>30€). An unlucky player needs to buy 169 trys =>16900 diamods (>100€).
I wonder if this is just a mistake or if it is the new strategy of inno to get more money. I dont think that I will spend diamonds for 30 or even 100 € for one single event building and this one even not on highest level.

Pragal

Farmer
Given 1130 doubloons for the 33 days, can only spend 30 sometimes 40 doubloons per day, getting nowhere. Are we only supposed to play during 6/7 days of the event ? Scrap the event and might as well scrap GE 5 and GBg nerfing, every time there is a change it gets worse not better. Doing a great job of getting rid of players, if anyone was undecided whether to leave or not (due to the time spent in the game) , think this is the last straw that broke the camel´s back.

Retired Guy

Marquis
I should keep a log.. but does the Shuffle actually give 10 doubloons back? eg had 156.. invoked the shuffle (so -10) , now have 146.. I'll admit I may have missed something.. Shouldn't I have 156 again?