• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Summer Event 2023

CrashBoom

Legend
Last time I checked pirates were known for plundering and attacking, not defending
Pirates ARE the attacking army, so it is just fitting for the boosts to be exclusive for attacking army in this event ;)
but actually pirate event is NOT exclusive for attacking army :rolleyes:

buildings have also boost for defending army :p

according to your logic that pirates are not known for defending the buildings shouldn't boost the defending army o_O

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
For the epic reward items, each item listed one by one. Level 1 and upgrade kit separately. If this epic concept is going to be maintained, keep the selection kit instead of level1 and upgrade kit. In future, if 20 items listed means, scrolling will be too much (now also little long). So the building items listing length can be reduced little by converting them with selection kit, since the same purpose can be achieved without any issue.

In the inventory, slight modification needed too where as currently just 'use' option will be made. By converting into selection kit, still 'use' option can be used but for the selection kit, it will trigger the selection kit window. Same resolution.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Pirates ARE the attacking army, so it is just fitting for the boosts to be exclusive for attacking army in this event ;)
But we also got some Governor stuff and colonist and trader things like with the ship. At those times merchant vessels were heavily armed to defend themselves against pirates. So, arguable we should also get some defence buffs.

If INNO is to blame for anything it is that the underestimated the creativity of the players with regard to farming diamonds. The game remains largely F2P. Sure, there are going to be a few items that I, a F2P player, will not be able to obtain but it doesn't matter to me. I fully understand INNO's need to generate revenue. After all, that is the goal of any business. With regard to the prevalence of fragments we have only ourselves to blame. For years, players have demanded "bigger, better, more powerful". This made power creep inevitable. We should have realized that, eventually, we would reach a tipping point where the next new thing was so powerful that it could only be introduced on a fragmented basis. Consider the Forgotten Temple with 40% AAttack and 50% DAttack bonuses on 12 squares. Does anybody really think that a building like this should be available in any way other than fragments?

watt338

Farmer
You should be crazy if the old summer event minigame was good. That roulette system just sucks! Specially because it makes you compete against neighbors. St. Patrick event is 1000 times better than that sxxt of minigame. I am very glad and extremely happy that Innogames finally decided to remove one of the worst minigame in FoE ever!
I never said it was good. When I found out that Inno was going to change the summer event minigame I was actually quite happy. The problem is that they replaced a terrible minigame with another terrible minigame.

CDmark

Baronet
Last time I checked pirates were known for plundering and attacking, not defending
I agree, they are the GE L5 opponents with 5-10 X my city defending A/D. So, keeping on the pirate theme, I am the British navy. Pirates attack me, I defend using my canons (defending attack). Right now, my ship has spitballs, I would like some canon power. A non stackable potion to help in GE5, we can't even get that crumb? I actually thought they heard me in the GE5 thread and put that bottle of ink as a new prize. Nope, more attack for attacking army.
Conceptually, the tables were turned in GE5 using defending city stats. OK, fine. But, giving a grand prize for attacking army attack boost? Doesn't make sense. Why change the color? Just make the 40% a wine bottle and the 60% a keg, same color, red. AND, a 60% attack boost for defending army may get higher age players 1 more encounter to attack in the later stages, maybe, in the encounters below 9, before the opponents stats go up like a hockey stick.

Mentioned earlier, the extra L1 Traders Post, actually can get 2 of them. I guess the one extra L1 Panda I have from the wildlife event, wasn't enough, so they decided to make it possibly 2 extra this event? What, is the Panda lonely? They love being alone.

I did like the wheel, was fun watching a neighbor spin, then you come in and take the gold prize with 1 or 2 spins, they do the work, you get the reward.

2023 epic selection kit, no Privateers Boathouse kits? All the other Epic kits have the event building from the year before. Hopefully it is a daily special/alternate, that is all I could think they are doing.

Herr Voxner

Merchant
Not just with Summer event, but I'm seeing this incorporated in other areas and it doesn't make sense.

Why are earlier ages being discriminated against with forge points in event buildings? Attack/Defense makes sense to give higher ages more because the units they fight get more difficult (bonus attack/defense) so naturally atk/def is dependent on age.

However GB requirements don't change from earlier to later ages - still same amount of forge points required no matter what. Why give lower ages less forge points? They have to spend just as many as the highest age. That doesn't make sense.

SirAlucard

Steward
Not just with Summer event, but I'm seeing this incorporated in other areas and it doesn't make sense.

Why are earlier ages being discriminated against with forge points in event buildings? Attack/Defense makes sense to give higher ages more because the units they fight get more difficult (bonus attack/defense) so naturally atk/def is dependent on age.

However GB requirements don't change from earlier to later ages - still same amount of forge points required no matter what. Why give lower ages less forge points? They have to spend just as many as the highest age. That doesn't make sense.
The amount of forge points doesn't change with higher ages. It's more likely to say, that higher ages get discriminated, because the first few ages can be done with a couple hundreds forge points, while the highest ages require 10.000+ forge points. GB require forge points, depending on their age they are based on. It seems you looked in the wrong column. If you're e.g. in IA, you get the same amount of forge points with this building as a player that already reached SAJM.