• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Summer Event 2020

derdelyi beta

Merchant
So basically why I find this building good is because:
> Provides population and counters it
> Produces 4 units/d like an military building but better because it stacks
> Produces goods equal to 2 goods buildings
> Att% bonus to support the army even more

For a young city, everything is useful. But for advanced players it's NOT a good building.
- Extra population or happiness are not needed at all for advanced players with high level Alcatraz + Innovation Tower.
- Random units are not useful for advanced players. Advanced fighters use rogues + 1 or maximum 2 unit types of the actual age. So 4 random units mean basically only 1 useful unit.
- 40 goods are nothing for an advanced player because they produce a tons of goods with high level Frontenac (+ Himeji / Space Carrier).
- Attack boost is the only useful part of this building, but considering only attack boost it's not even a good building, because there are plenty of other buildings providing more attack boost per square. CORRECTION: but considering only attack boost, it's only a little bit better then the available other buildings providing attack boost (e.g.: carousel).

So in summary, you are right, it's a good building for a fresh player or for a casual player, who does not optimize his/her city. BUT for advanced players it' a really poor not the best building. Advanced players focus on attack boost and FP production, but in both aspects there are several better alternatives for this building.
I personally really like the design of this building and I will definitely place it into my city, but I have ambiguous feelings because I have to remove something better to make space for it :( it will be only a minor update (a few %) for my city in aspect of attack boost. In contradiction, almost all previous main event buildings were at least a medium or even a major update. If it would produce at least 5FPs, then I would be REALLY happy with this building.

Last edited:

jmb4028

Farmer
I personally really like the design of this building and I will definitely place it into my city, but I have ambiguous feelings becasue I have to remove something better to make space for it :(

Would be interested in hearing what you are replacing that is better than this building for space. There are very, very few players that have enough rotundas/CMS where this wouldn't be an AP/SQ improvement.

derdelyi beta

Merchant
Would be interested in hearing what you are replacing that is better than this building for space. There are very, very few players that have enough rotundas/CMS where this wouldn't be an AP/SQ improvement.

Hmmm, I did some math again and I have to tell that you are right. I still have some carousels, that is slightly worse than this new building in aspect of attack boost. I will correct my previous post.

Sinitar

Regent
if I were in him,I would have replaced the contestants' estate(15% vs 23 for me in ina/28 for saab)

DeletedUser5097

For a young city, everything is useful
For an fresh city maybe but not really. If I would start over for example then are event decorations of little use. Event production buildings very temporary.
Even if I was still in the Industrial Age for example. Extra population with counteracting happiness would be welcome. Especially with those other benefits. In fact as an mediocre player with no GB’s acceding lvl30 this is still an great thing to pick up. For what I’ve mention while just entering the future.
But for advanced players it's NOT a good building.
Is it required that all event buildings are good for advanced players? Also 40x goods daily can be sold for fps in higher ages for fps and used in any age on GBG.

FP production
Advanced players with high lvl Alca don’t need fps from their city. Like you said about the goods and many other prior. An high lvl CF makes plenty more. An high lvl Arc does the exact same thing but for fps. Also an high lvl AO or InnovationTower same story. So I don’t understand why folks whining about the lack of fp and dislike goods in favour of CF while Arc does take care of fps many times better and AO as well

Anyways why should all event buildings fits advanced players? The powercreep already has pushed for 3yrs prior inimitable powerful event buildings

Last edited by a moderator:

derdelyi beta

Merchant
if I were in him,I would have replaced the contestants' estate(15% vs 23 for me/28 for saab)

I have no more contestants' estates in my city for several months :)

First of all, I have to say, I'm not a diamond buyer and I have only one single city in Arctic Future, so I have only those buildings that are free to win and I'm regularly buying some good items from the Antiques Dealer. All my diamonds are spent on expansions.

Besides the main event prizes of the part ~2.5 years I have:
  • 2 Checkmate Squares
  • 8 Botanical Rotundas
  • 2 Royal Marble Gateways
  • 6 Carousels
  • 9 Pirate Guard Post
  • 13 complete Cherry Garden Sets with lvl2 Sakura rock (and some other parts upgraded to lvl2, so mainly 6FP on average per set)) <-- most of them are won in daily quests or bought from the AD.
In my inventory I have only a few Carousels, but nothing better in aspect of attack boost.
All the other buildings produce only FP. The worst ones are the Shrine of Knowledge lvl1 ones. But I keep those only to fill small gaps. I don't have any buildings, that are neither producing FP nor providing attack boost.
I still have some Maharaja sets, but I will replace them with Cherry Garden Sets + the new Soccer Event main prize.

I have only the most important GBs (all of them is above lvl60):
  • Arc, Frontenac
  • Alcatraz, Arctic Orangery, Kraken
  • Castel, Cathedral of Aachen, Zeus, Terracotta Army
  • Cape, Inno, Hagia
  • Himeji, Space Carrier
  • Temple of Relics, St. Mark's Basilica, Observatory
For production quests I have 18 Sunken Treasures and 10 Magnus Opus, but those are also producing FPs when there is no active production quests.

This way I have 677%/366% attack boost and 750FP+ daily harvest not counting the random drops from the Himeji Castle/Space Carrier/Temple of Relics.

Queen Amaria

Steward
I like the building too. It is better than 2 checkmate squares and 2 sleigh builder that take up the same space.
Additional units - nice!
I would only wish that the Galaxy also had an effect on the units, it is an event building and not a typical barracks.

Siya Zurin

Farmer
Not many opinions on the event building, for recent to middle-level players I think it's alright.
My one remark is how this event is 90% luck and just a little strategy (when to spin/when to chance a refresh). No DS, no strategy at all, just log in, do your daily quest, spin the wheel. I find it boring and thus a little disappointing. I would have liked a little actual challenge there, not just hoping for the best.

ffblackice

Farmer
I need Crow's Nest, why it is not there? what is the chance of Crow's nest shows up?
1591990086939.png

finally got one... Good luck everyone.

Last edited:

indian20

Steward
so either it is a rumour or I am out of luck, but up until now I got not one lousy dublone from incidents suggesting I have to spend diamonds to finish the building. Keep up the good work Inno. After failing with the soccer event now the second strike :mad:

indian20

Steward
so either it is a rumour or I am out of luck, but up until now I got not one lousy dublone from incidents suggesting I have to spend diamonds to finish the building. Keep up the good work Inno. After failing with the soccer event now the second strike :mad:

Evil to him who evil thinks

First incident after my complaint contained a dublone :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: