• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Summer Event 2019

Kesto11

Farmer
This event in it's initial state is underwhelming for me. I probably will play it on my main world and skip it on other worlds. Between the Main Prize, other new buildings, and the wheel crapshoot, the event is interesting, but the rewards are not consistent or predictable enough to warrant dedicating the time to complete all the quests and attempt to maximize opportunities for Gold Prizes on the wheel. I love that Ship upgrades will be included, but I am not optimistic in obtaining several of these or any other specifically targeted Gold Prize. More on the wheel below.

I really don't like the wheel. Having only one winnable Gold Prize per wheel makes it difficult to win more than a couple or few desired prizes throughout the event. Bad neighborhoods, timing, and lack of opportunity can quickly use up a lot of doubloons for little gain. I don't want to spend 15 doubloons refreshing a wheel to find a desired prize, only to risk that prize being sniped by another hoodie. Players should not have to suffer going through 20-30 doubloons and coming away empty-handed. I don't care for most of the Gold Prizes, just like Daily Specials. But at least with other events, I don't have to spend a lot of currency gambling on prizes I don't want just to get a shot at the ones I do.

Also, I don't like tiny attack buildings that eat up 2 aids/day from polishing/motivating. Many of us don't need extra happiness from polishing, or any polishing at all from buildings like Carousel, Botanical Rotunda, etc. They just gobble up useless aids that could go to other buildings that are needed. I personally have maintained a balance so I have only had buildings go unmotivated one day in the past three years, but I have guildmates who have trouble getting the M/P per day they need, and having a bunch of happiness buildings require 2x polish per day exacerbates the problem. Many players don't aid regularly anyway since it is so tedious and click-intensive.

The Crow's Nest is okay as it currently stands. Others have made plenty of suggestions that would improve it.

Bottom line is that the Event Buildings are just okay, and this event involves too much randomness due to the wheel having the single Gold Prize that can vanish at any time from a neighbor. I'd prefer not to dedicate much time to something that can be yanked away so easily.

Natalia1

Squire
Both the event and the main prize make use of intermittent rewards, that are reinforcing the habit, if I remember my psychology correctly. Also known as gambling :). However, even gambling needs to offer a desired reward and not a "meh" one as have been said numerous times.

DeletedUser

I could do it by negotiation - just click the question mark - it shows you the options
The quest "Tall Tales" is NOT completable by negotiation.
It is only possible to complete the quest by fighting or donating goods to the guild treasury.

Negotiation will simply do nothing.
However, the only way to accomplish the quest via negotiation would be to negotiate all remaining sectors until end of SAM map. After game reload, the quest will be auto completed.

Last edited by a moderator:

podkap1970

Emperor
personally, for me is the summer event one of the worst events, this years its even worse, because the Crow's Nest is very unattractive
on the 'wheel' there are 27+ prizes, and to get the prize you want is very low, like the ship plus upgrades you might want, the rest of the prizes on the wheel are, sorry i can't find a good word for it, crap? :)

and if you are lucky and get a ship lvl 1 selection kit, or an upgrade kit (for the ship) a neighbour will take it hehe (i havent used a single Doubloons yet)

this summer event needs another overhaul

PS its from a perspective out of a player, which have some GBs very high

DeletedUser5324

Well, thanks for beeing considered a fool ;)
Of course, people always want more... :D
But i don't remember any complaints about eg the Colossus or Tholos.
IMHO the Crows Nest maybe no absolute crap; but for me it's not at all very attractive as it is now.

DeletedUser10172

KingJase, Thunderdome.

I based my assessment of this event building on the 40 TF I have placed in my live world, a building that takes a huge amount of population, provides 35 FP every seven days OR 210 goods if you are determined to collect (I am not, so more realistically 140). The TF is still popular with lots of players. It is still a reasonably rare building, winning one every three weeks if you finish Level 4 everytime.

The Crow's Nest is smaller and in 7 days will likely provide almost as many FP, almost as many goods without having to make the choice between one or the other. Provides huge population and extra coins... Those coins are always welcome as research is not getting any cheaper. I accept that players don't want supplies and coins, but we always need them eventually and will likely only win one, once every week.
Given that it already appears balanced, to 'improve' the CN will come at a cost.

Events aren't anywhere near as difficult to complete as they used to be, Inno listened to calls to make them easier, I think that's a shame, but I understand most of us want to enjoy the game rather than it be a challenge. There are plenty of events where I haven't built the final reward or have kept it in storage, there is no harm in that, due to the events being reasonably simple to complete. While I understand that asking for an improvement to the reward of the CN, some of the suggestions have been pie in the sky.

It could provide 6fp, 15 goods, medals, small amount of supplies and coins, but then wouldn't have a place for a diamond reward. If this change was made, every seven day cycle of collection would result in a similar outcome as if it were left as it is, so I fail to see the difference or improvement, other than usefulness with Blue Galaxy. It is more interesting to have a building that can taunt you for several days before laying down some awesome rewards, in much the same way as the Himeji seems to.

As for the prize wheel, it has always been a matter of picking your moment and spending doubloons wisely. There have to be unwanted rewards to keep it balanced, the fact you can win so many different items from the gold prize is a good thing, you are far more likely to get a gold reward you need if you avoid spinning as soon as you receive doubloons. There is a strategy for success, it just isn't immediately obvious.

Anyway it is nearly all moot anyway, as the Antique Dealer will become the best way to fill our cities with exactly what we want and in large quantities. I will be replacing Tholos and SoK with ships, it will take time, but be a massive improvement. As far as this event goes it sits perfectly well in the history of the summer event and while I think the spring event is also excellent ( I also enjoyed carnival event!) it doesn't compare to the sheer potential for change that the summer event provides, some will likely not achieve what they wanted, but that is the same with so many aspects of FoE and is what makes it fun, we need to keep the unknown and some unpredictability. GE is unpredictable, settlements are, GvG is too, rewards from Daily Special, success with event currency, if we all got what we want all the time we would likely get bored of playing.

I like that Inno don't stand still and actively try and improve the game, yes the GBs for SA:M are more of a luxury than necessity, but there are so many cheaper alternatives that it almost doesn't matter, I'm quite happy I didn't want to build them as finding space for them would have been a chore. I don't think they made a mistake, I think they challenged the norm and created Niche GBs for an era that was difficult to get right. If your city is setup right the whole era is more of an irritation than a challenge for the player, something that will likely change in future eras, given their willingness to listen and adapt. The Mars settlement is pointless, the tech tree is ridiculous, but they tried something and that is fine by me. They can't all be perfect, this event is them trying something, the Antiques dealer is Inno listening and getting it right. Not everyone eats peanut M&Ms, some people will die if they do, but they might love them if only they could.

Kesto11

Farmer
KingJase, Thunderdome.

As for the prize wheel, it has always been a matter of picking your moment and spending doubloons wisely. There have to be unwanted rewards to keep it balanced, the fact you can win so many different items from the gold prize is a good thing, you are far more likely to get a gold reward you need if you avoid spinning as soon as you receive doubloons. There is a strategy for success, it just isn't immediately obvious.

Even frequently checking the wheel and spending doubloons wisely won't necessarily result in a decent amount of desired rewards. Since there are so many different gold prizes and only one tick on them per wheel, it takes many refreshes to find the desired prize, and then we have to hope someone doesn't take the prize before us or refresh the wheel while going after it. This is my fourth Summer Event and the least excited I have been for it, though my goals for the event have been the same the past three years (Add FPs, goods, attack with the new Main buildings). With the Summer 2017 Event, Palace/Fountain set pieces were also silver prizes, so there was often 2-3 potentially desirable options on any given wheel, even if the gold wasn't particularly enticing.

I would love to get a Ship + six upgrades from the wheel, but I am not confident that will be achieved even with applying patience and strategy in spending doubloons.

As I stated earlier, due to the risk in the wheel and the Crow's Nest, the event is in the okay/meh category for me. I will play it on my main and skip on my other worlds if it stays roughly the same as it currently is, and that's perfectly okay for me since that means I won't be tempted to spend a lot of time slogging through it on my other worlds :p

DeletedUser10172

Crow's Nest: daily I get plenty of FPs, goods, medals, coins, supplies from my city. I'm in SAM without a CF and have no use for the Crow's Nest unless InnoGames decides to improve it... for example the only reward should be 250 Diamonds, also it should be 1x1.

FrejaSP

Viceroy
Crow's Nest: daily I get plenty of FPs, goods, medals, coins, supplies from my city. I'm in SAM without a CF and have no use for the Crow's Nest unless InnoGames decides to improve it... for example the only reward should be 250 Diamonds, also it should be 1x1.
It is not really about what you need or not need but what are good for the game as whole.
Just keep dumping a lot overpowered buildings into the game are not good for the balance of the game.

DeletedUser7959

It's not about making every new building super-strong but rather flexible for all players. In this case, Crow's Nest is suitable for a certain group of players who like random stuff and their cities are covered mostly by WWs. The only compensation I see are upgrades for the Pirate ship, without them this event would be a complete disaster for many players. Honestly, look a bit closer on a Pirate ship and similar buildings - you have a possibility to choose what you prefer the most, is it FPs, attack or goods... Here we have a full random, if it fits your playstyle - you build it, if not - not. I think Crow's Nest could be more interesting if players could decide what they want to get in the end, the randomness that we already have or some fixed prizes.

DeletedUser10172

FrejaSP... I completely agree with you, my post was a weak satire of a post that has now been deleted, making mine look a little odd! I think the balance of the game is very important and the CN doesn't have a negative effect on it. I don't think that there have been any overpowered rewards, it's just they have slowly improved over time, which makes sense as long time players will have ever higher levels in GBs and it's a good way to get new players powered up and into the groove of competing in events.

AllenWalker... That is the best solution I've seen on this thread. We have had many consecutive events providing similar style rewards and as soon as Inno try something a little different they get criticised. I think your solution would go along way to help players feel it is worth building, however most will play this event whether they think it's worth playing or not, they will receive the final reward whether they intend to build it or not, and if they don't want it Antiques Dealer will surely offer a good price! That is the real revolution that will change gameplay for many months to come and potentially decrease the importance of events for some. Which for those whom find the game stressful or too time consuming can only be a good thing.

I will learn to use quotes soon, everytime I try it ends up being a disaster.

Natalia1

Squire
I think Crow's Nest could be more interesting if players could decide what they want to get in the end, the randomness that we already have or some fixed prizes.

That would be really nice, great idea :).

One aspect of Crows Nest I am very happy with is the population. As someone else mentioned above, it is hard to maintain decent population in SAM, and as much as I am not enthusiastic about this event reward, I might replace a TF with it for the population (the rest of stats are similar to a TF).

DeletedUser8887

the prizes on the wheel are crap. The little building things are useless. this event is not good enough to get me to log in every day.

FrejaSP

Viceroy
ok for sure 5 fp for 5 by 5 it's a non-starter
I can get 5 fp every day from a terrace farm
Yes but if you compares 5 FP avg from CN with 5 FP from TF you forget to count avg of the other rewards from CN, you do not only get 5 FP avg.

TF need popolation, CN gives population

Avg you get in CE:
Population 5,520
Coins 75100
Supply 28800
Medals 3200
FP 5
Goods 16
Diamond 1

Some may not want population, young ages sure do
Some may not want coins, some do
Some may not want supply, young ages sure do
Some may not want medals, only the ones who have been here for many years don't
Believe all want FP :p
Some may not want goods, I sure do, know many who do
We all want more diamonds but Inno also want to sell some :p

Why would you not replace a TF with a CN? Even if you only need the 5 FP, you get them on less tiles.

Some compared it too the ships
The Trader ship gives in CE with 4 tiles less:
Population 1709
Supply boost 10%
Coins 40100
Supply 4,650
medals 270
Goods 20
FP 3

Last edited:

DeletedUser10165

The wheel in the summer event is glitchy. It spins forever and I have to reboot my game. There isn't a stop option and just a few minutes ago, I watched it take my doubloons (2) without stopping on any prize.