• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected [Suggestion] universal upgrade kits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that the fall event started on live and I see yet another SoK as part of the "gold division" prizes, I was thinking, why not have these replaced by a special upgrade kit instead, that works on every level-based building (i.e. a "universal" kit)? These universal kits should be very rare of course and hence only be in these gold divisions or at the end of long questlines perhaps, but these kits could become highly sought after and coveted prizes, instead of getting yet another SoK that probably ends up being sold to the antiques dealer probably.

Now, players not yet being at the upper-tier and needing those SoK's might complain, but keep in mind, they probably don't play for getting in gold division (which usually requires the spending of diamonds) anyway, plus they get a LOT more SoK's (and more easily too) from daily prizes in the same event (i.e. if you want SoK's you concentrate on these specific days instead of insisting on getting ONLY in gold division) :p

Lastly, there are still plenty of (newer) level-based buildings and upgrades sitting in your inventory anyway that you are not putting in your city because you cannot max them (and therefore are not worth placing right now :p), so these universal kits will be very welcome indeed, no?

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

qaccy

Emperor
First off, I think this is a pretty neat idea.

It does seem fairly balanced by placing them specifically in something like the Gold League of an event, which carefully controls how often they can be obtained and where the SoK definitely seems lacking compared to the prizes it's placed next to. Would probably be enough to drive more diamond sales/usage as well, as a universal upgrade is pretty much always going to be useful either immediately or at some time in the future.

However, HOW universal would it actually be? An obvious answer here is 'duh, anything that can be upgraded', but there are buildings with upgrades that don't come from events, like the rewards from Cultural Settlements. Could such an upgrade be used on these buildings as well? I'd think limiting it just to event buildings would make the most sense.

In addition, I wonder how difficult something like this would be to code? I'm sure it could probably be done, but the answer to this question could be a big factor in whether or not something like this makes it into the game or at least how long it might take.

Sl8yer

Regent
Now, players not yet being at the upper-tier and needing those SoK's might complain, but keep in mind, they probably don't play for getting in gold division (which usually requires the spending of diamonds) anyway, plus they get a LOT more SoK's (and more easily too) from daily prizes in the same event (i.e. if you want SoK's you concentrate on these specific days instead of insisting on getting ONLY in gold division)

So what it comes down to is you want the rich to get richer. Diamond spenders will get a special discount.

Lastly, there are still plenty of (newer) level-based buildings and upgrades sitting in your inventory anyway that you are not putting in your city because you cannot max them (and therefore are not worth placing right now :p), so these universal kits will be very welcome indeed, no?

You still would not be able to max them. Only diamond spenders will get an advantage. They do not need one in the first place, cause they can spend diamonds on the AD to get individual upgrades.

Bad idea.

qaccy

Emperor
@Sl8yer Diamond buyers having an advantage is kind of the point of diamonds in the first place. An idea isn't bad just because 'it only benefits diamond spenders' since it makes the game money, and gives the free players a game to play (and subsequently complain about all the advantages diamond buyers get).

Sl8yer

Regent
@Sl8yer Diamond buyers having an advantage is kind of the point of diamonds in the first place. An idea isn't bad just because 'it only benefits diamond spenders' since it makes the game money, and gives the free players a game to play (and subsequently complain about all the advantages diamond buyers get).

Then why would they need an even bigger advantage? Would they spend more? Not likely, so why give them bigger rewards when they already have the biggest reward?

DeletedUser9827

Now that the fall event started on live and I see yet another SoK as part of the "gold division" prizes, I was thinking, why not have these replaced by a special upgrade kit instead, that works on every level-based building (i.e. a "universal" kit)? These universal kits should be very rare of course and hence only be in these gold divisions or at the end of long questlines perhaps, but these kits could become highly sought after and coveted prizes, instead of getting yet another SoK that probably ends up being sold to the antiques dealer probably.

Now, players not yet being at the upper-tier and needing those SoK's might complain, but keep in mind, they probably don't play for getting in gold division (which usually requires the spending of diamonds) anyway, plus they get a LOT more SoK's (and more easily too) from daily prizes in the same event (i.e. if you want SoK's you concentrate on these specific days instead of insisting on getting ONLY in gold division) :p

Along the same lines, a kit to change the final upgrade of something (like the Pagoda or the September Cottage or the Altar) in case you screwed up when you selected it OR you just decided you would rather have the other version instead of the one you chose.
Wouldn't that be great?

Status
Not open for further replies.