• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected [Suggestion] No More Events Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
All I see in the feedback threads are people bitching that the prizes are worthless garbage that no one wants, that the tasks that are "too hard" (no matter where the bar is set, they still complain), that there are too many events, and on and on and on. I disagree completely, but that's just me.

Put up polls on all of the forums, and notify players in-game, via Twitter, via Facebook and whatever else, that there's a poll. Let the players actually vote on whether or not they want to be bothered by these things they know they don't have to participate in but like to complain about anyway.

Seriously. Poll the players, post the results, then go with the prevailing opinion. If that opinion is to do away with all events, so be it.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

DeletedUser

All feedback, ideas and opinions are welcome here, and you are right you should be able to post without being attacked.
However Beta is a different kind of server and so is our forum. We have a very experienced and savvy group of players making up our community, so if you post something here you can count on others telling you what they think about it. It's scrutinizing the idea or feedback, not you personally, and if it becomes personal then I show up, and no one wants that :D

DeletedUser

Im NOT asking for more expansions, please read the post properly, im asking that perhaps they might consider lowering the costs. If YOU have somehow managed to get all of them then thats great for you, but im betting there are a LOT more players who dont. Yes they gave upgradeable as well as shrinkable buildings. but how many new buildings that are not have come out in the last few events. The winter event gave us a 4x4 main building, 2 weeks later the forge event also gives us a 4x4 building, and what if i was really lucky and won 4 charming cottages , thats 4 4x3 buildings plus my 6 wishing wells, 3 rogue hideouts and 4 sleigh builders. Im NOT complaining, ( im very happy to have won them ) i understand its all part of the game, HOWEVER, i was taught if you would like something then you should ask, you will either get it, or you wont. BUT if you dont ask then you sure wont get it.
Cottage is a garbage and how much hideouts do you need with Alcatraz? ONE. There, hope I was helpful.

Seriously, kids do ask non-stop for a things they want to have. Grown-ups find ways to get more without asking. Grow up.

Emberguard

Emperor
Just going to quote myself from the US forum.
Yeah - it's definitely the challenge that makes the game fun. Even in just the past year getting all the event buildings, frequency of events aside having them remove the DS upgrade for the main building changes the balance massively onto the easy side of things.

If we're going to receive a 2x3 building that can provide all my goods needs and I don't need to get DS upgrade for the main building to be either fully complete or close to complete then I can either get a bunch of shrines for the FPs, or never need a goods building which removes one of the biggest challenges in the game (almost no population requirement! Which also means almost no happiness requirement either and for a much smaller size footprint). I wouldn't be able to have the goods production I currently have in (en) Noarsil or (en) Houndsmoor if those 2x3's didn't exist. Which then makes the continent map the next challenge as GE I can already tackle sufficiently

It's definitely something that I should re-evaluate on how I want to approach events in regards to keeping my city a challenging thing

Note: This is with barely any diamond buying on Houndsmoor.
Note: while I do have 12 sunken treasure on Noarsil the Diamonds I spent getting those were for chasing the Ships that are currently in my inventory.

----------- ----------- ----------- -----------
Oh, joy! Sleigh Builders are popping up all over! Christmas is here!
Why, they only make goods....
Exactly. And it's every good of current age.

Got 10 for my progressive age city without needing to spend any diamonds. 1,000 population taken. 150 goods per day.

If I tried that with goods buildings? Double lane roads, 3-6 x 4-7 space, 1200 population and 20-30 goods for the same time (per building).

So even on a single building basis it beats the standard equivalent in space and population. 2 sleighs would be either 2x6 or 4x3 in size, 200 pop and 30 goods. The Sleighs would need to be at 600 population per building (Progressive Era) to be the same as a single goods building.

Last edited:

DeletedUser9410

Cottage is a garbage and how much hideouts do you need with Alcatraz? ONE. There, hope I was helpful.

Seriously, kids do ask non-stop for a things they want to have. Grown-ups find ways to get more without asking. Grow up.
Hmmmmmmmmm!!!! No further comment.

Attachments

• Boy I Say Boy.jpg
    Boy I Say Boy.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 8

DeletedUser9410

All feedback, ideas and opinions are welcome here, and you are right you should be able to post without being attacked.
However Beta is a different kind of server and so is our forum. We have a very experienced and savvy group of players making up our community, so if you post something here you can count on others telling you what they think about it. It's scrutinizing the idea or feedback, not you personally, and if it becomes personal then I show up, and no one wants that :D

Thank you, and i dont mind constructive criticism or helpful suggestions.
In life there ARE people who are willing to offer helpful advise or suggestions in a constructive manner, but unfortunately there are also people who think the sun shines out of their rear end and are too good to do this, or are just rude and obnoxious and get their "kicks" by putting other people down. ( sadly the latter seems to be prevalent these days )

Thank you for a great game and for constantly trying to improve it.

Attachments

• IMG-20151225-WA000.jpg
    IMG-20151225-WA000.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7951

kids do ask non-stop for a things they want to have. Grown-ups find ways to get more without asking.
Well said. I fit into both categories. :eek:

I too love events, and if I should grow tired, then I - not Inno - should take a break. Then when enough people are taking breaks, Inno should change their event-strategy.

Not all prizes can be good prizes, and some players are much more picky than others. Fine by me, I learn from them, think and make my own mind up.

The events should cater to those that have "too much idle time on their hand", those with "too much money" (Thank you for keeping FOE alive) and offers something for more relaxed and casual players. What bugs me a bit tho, is casual players demanding all events to be easy/relaxed enough for them (us) finish everything and gain all the best prizes, notice plural. Sometimes there has to be an opportunity to stretch oneself. Sometimes I find great enjoyment in planning how to complete an event at the fastest possible time.

There are two things I'd like to change a bit when it comes to events tho:
1) change the quests a bit. They are very much same same. I don't know how.
2) Make it possible to go back to finished quests and read the story line. I don't need to see the quest, just the storyline.

Status
Not open for further replies.