• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Implemented Suggestion for Produced Goods

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser302

i was talking with Gordon about how FoE needs more of a social aspect added to the game. it seems to me, so far, that the goods produced by a player can really only be used for negotiations with the NPCs unless a player can use them to help unlock future techs.

what i think may add a bit of a social aspect to the game would be some sort of system that allows a player to trade these goods. not necessarily a bartering system, but one closer to a foreign exchange system. for example: 1 stone = 3 timber = 2 wine. but as the amount of these goods being traded increases, the exchange rate varies as well. the more stone on the market, the less it buys and vice versa.

in addition to that, maybe create a building that players can use when visiting another player to make these trades.

This suggestion has been forwarded. Votes are no longer accepted.

DeletedUser

Might be easier just to add an interface... there IS an extra button in the menu... and if that's no good, I reckon some magic could be done about making a new tab in the town center. Having to go to people's cities just to trade is a nuisance and will dissuade many of the "veteran" players who migrate over from TW, as over there, any thing that takes more time than it should is generally seen as a nuisance.

I like the idea of flexible exchange rates... would you think exchanging gold and supplies as well would work?

DeletedUser

Hmmmm, I agree that there should be more ways to be social with other players but I don't think the trading of goods would be a good thing :)
1. It again would make the game too easy in my opinion, unless you change the whole researches that need goods. Because people will trade the things of which they have a territory.
2. This will tempt people to start multi accounting.

DeletedUser302

well as it is, any player can produce the goods regardless of whether they have the 'demanded resource' to make it. it should at least be that you can only produce those goods which you control the demanded resource of.

as for making the game too easy, i don't see that being an issue if the change to how you produce these goods are done. the multi argument i can see becoming an issue as someone could flood the market with certain resources to drop the exchange rate in their favor.

i don't think that only the Vets from DS should be thought of only when trying to add a more social aspect to the game. There are many other players from other InnoGames' games here. Visiting a city could be more like making a personal trade without using the exchange. consider that the bartering of resources.

DeletedUser

well as it is, any player can produce the goods regardless of whether they have the 'demanded resource' to make it. it should at least be that you can only produce those goods which you control the demanded resource of.

Good point, that would indeed remove a part of the too easy thing and would make it even necessary to trade, you have convinced me now :D

Status
Not open for further replies.