• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected {suggestion} auto aid button

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser6913

I would like to be able to have a button on my friend, guild and neighborhood list that allows for you to automatically aid everyone on your friend, neighborhood or guild list. you would actually have to click it for everyone to be aided and you could still personally aid people before you press the button as well, you could also have a button to aid everybody you have the ability to aid and also a button that puts you in all your friends taverns that are open automatically.

this would do nothing more then save countless hours of game time for people and allow them to do the stuff they really want in the game as well.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

DeletedUser5955

it already was suggested somewhere on this forum
anyway
+1
// stop the endless clicking!

DeletedUser7059

Scout107: I have a question, do you play this game in time, when there was no aid button? When ewery sinle M/P need opening player citi and manualy clik it? In that era it takes hour to M/P all in quild/ neighbour / frends.
Now it take maybe 8 minit.

So no. Another time saving is not needed by me.
+ innogames need something that keep player in game. If you could do anything by 5 cliks, it will be contraproductive for IG.

DeletedUser5955

@LordFrunDor
i dont agree with u
yes i did play in that time, but now inno should focus on keeping player in game - yes, but they are doing it the wrong way.
the amount of clicking should be reduced as muchas possible everywhere in the game.

And players shoud stay in game not due to endless clicking but for good game mechnaics and stuff to do.

For instance we have GVG for guilds, tavern for friends, whatabout neighbourhood? we have nothing...
whatabout implementing a minigames with some realistic amount of rewards? did u ever played game like tube racer? its agility game where u run thru a tube where u must jump / dock / left/ right to avoid structures.

ideas are endless of how inno could keep players in game, but doing it via more and more clicking is just stupid and wrong.

if u realy want i can type about minigames deas and stuff to do inside this game wich would take farless cliking then now.
Technology and programming languages are changing and so should inno.
When this game came to be it was state of the ar for its time and how it was made. now unless inno wont connect flash c#, C++, PHP, PHP+, html5 or 6 they wont survive.

there is a game made out of those langs i mentioned and its online game, and im not sure if i can post a name here so please edit this topic if i cant but please do not delete it:
the name is Heroes of might and magic online, and it has many solutons inno should take from :)

DeletedUser7059

caelian:
Minigames kill many and many good game. I dont know if i can write their names...
I just dont think that FoE need another minigame like guild expedition. And this suggestion is not about minigames but about auto aid button. ;)

DeletedUser5955

yes it is.
i just wanted to show there is a better way to keep player in-game then endless clicking

DeletedUser7059

BetaTest03: You can joke about it, but auto plunder button is relativly lot diskuted thread on CZ forum. ;)

DeletedUser8404

When aiding, blueprints could be collected and displayed at the end of the mass-aid.

For taverns, I have an intermediate idea, if a mass-tavern-visit isn't viable, but I'll leave that for another thread. If a mass-tavern-visit is viable, the same concept applies: collect all silver/FP and display the totals either in a report screen or in the same type of hover box they already show up in.

qaccy

Emperor
Not needed. Aiding individually is already fast enough. At some point, you DO have to actually play the game. Aiding is as much a part of the game as battling and building your city, and it takes less time than either of those things. If you see aiding as a chore, simply don't do it. I'm sure your friends and guildmates won't mind that you'd rather not take a few minutes to aid them because you're so busy doing other things while you're in the game. Sorry to be snide, but it really does astound me that people find aiding to be too 'difficult' that they feel it needs to be simplified even further than it already is.

DeletedUser8404

Aiding individually is already fast enough. At some point, you DO have to actually play the game. Aiding is as much a part of the game as battling and building your city, and it takes less time than either of those things.

Aiding and tavern sitting on most of my cities takes 7.5 minutes to do all friends and guild-mates. (Neighbours I tend to use as an aiding pool, so I don't do them at the same time.) That's on most of my cities. On my city on Y world, where I have 140 friends and 80 guild-mates, it takes a bit longer, and if there's server lag, it takes longer still. I have 5 cities. All told, that's close to an hour of click, click, click, click, click, click-click, click-click, click-click, click-click, click-click...click (5 aids, 5 tavern open-close, one next page). That's not "playing the game", that's "tedium to no purpose", at least no purpose that wouldn't be equally served by a mass-aid button. I'm a heavy quester (or close enough, anyway), which most people regard as tedium incarnate, and I spend less time on my quest-looping than I do on aiding and tavern sitting.

Oh, and I gave up on battling a long time ago. I spend about 5 minutes/week in battle, so you're just plain wrong on that count. :D

vesgouo

Baronet
... the amount of clicking should be reduced as muchas possible everywhere in the game.
... players shoud stay in game not due to endless clicking but for good game mecanhics and stuff to do.
... ideas are endless of how inno could keep players in game, but doing it via more and more clicking is just stupid and wrong.

I Agree.

I dont have FUN via click for aids. It´s just boring.

And like hobinhood70 stated: blueprints could be all collected and displayed all at once, after the aid all.

DeletedUser8404

One question it occurs to me to ask here: is aiding speed different on mobile than on browser? That might explain why many of us want the mass-aid feature and many feel it's unnecessary.

One question it occurs to me to ask here: is aiding speed different on mobile than on browser? That might explain why many of us want the mass-aid feature and many feel it's unnecessary.

It might be a tiny bit faster on mobile. But my main reason for not needing/wanting an auto-aid-button is more basic: if you can do everything automatic in this game, why bother playing it at all?

DeletedUser8404

It might be a tiny bit faster on mobile. But my main reason for not needing/wanting an auto-aid-button is more basic: if you can do everything automatic in this game, why bother playing it at all?
If you could do everything automatic in this game, I'd agree with you. Aiding has been an iterative process...first, it required you to physically visit each person's city and find a building to motivate or polish. People found that horrendously slow and asked that an Aid function be introduced. It was. People liked it at first because it was so much faster than what had been in place before. Now, people are starting to say "wait a minute, this could still be a lot faster".

I think the big thing to keep in mind here, though, is that this has already been put forth as a proposal in the US server's proposals area, and while I don't remember the exact percentage off-hand, it garnered somewhere around 75-80% support in the formal vote. So, obviously this is something that a significant number of people want.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Not needed. Aiding individually is already fast enough. At some point, you DO have to actually play the game. Aiding is as much a part of the game as battling and building your city, and it takes less time than either of those things. If you see aiding as a chore, simply don't do it. I'm sure your friends and guildmates won't mind that you'd rather not take a few minutes to aid them because you're so busy doing other things while you're in the game. Sorry to be snide, but it really does astound me that people find aiding to be too 'difficult' that they feel it needs to be simplified even further than it already is.

I wouldn't say it's "too difficult" - but it is the sort of thing that's the first to fall by the wayside when i'm not happy with the game. It's monotonous, tedious, time consuming, and unrewarding. Tavern made things so much worse to boot. Which isn't to say I agree with the suggestion of an auto-aid button... Mostly I just need to shrink my friends list down to a non-torturous size. It would be nice to be able to set a manual (lower) cap on your friends list so you didn't wind up with 5 people a day to reject if you're uncapped.

Status
Not open for further replies.