• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected Suggestion: Antiques Dealer daily trade coins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tigertjheu

Squire
Let me tell you all a story.
It is about the man who runs the Antiques Dealer.
The man is a little bit sad.
Sad, because he sees so much people wander in the shop.
But not buying anything, while his offer in the shop is huge.
Some people are walking in, and know what they are seeking for.
Others are just watching his stuff, but can not afford it.
He know that if he lowers the prizes, those people who buy stuff, just buy more.
And than others, still can't buy it.

The sad man has the solution.
He gives those from the past a big bag with trade coins.
And for those in the future, a small bag with trade coins.
So everyone get a chance to buy something in the Antiques Dealer.

But before this happens, he has to know what his costumers are thinking.
And he gave me the assignment to ask it here.
So i hope you like the story, and we can make him happy again.
(PS) sorry if my sentence structure is not perfect, but i did my very best :).

I put up a proposal below here with the amount of trade coins in the bags.
The further in the tech tree you are, the smaller the daily reward in the bag is.
Stone, Bronze, and Iron age gets no bag, cause you are not allowed in the Antiques Dealer these ages.
From the moment you are allowed to set foot in the Antiques Dealer, you get the following amount:
Early middle ages: 1980
High middle ages: 1782
Late middle ages: 1604
Colonial age: 1443
Industrial age: 1299
Progressive era: 1169
Modern era: 1052
Postmodern era: 947
Contemporary era: 852
Tomorrow: 767
The future: 690
Arctic future: 621
Oceanic future: 559
Virtual future: 503
Space age Mars: 453 <-- this is the minimum we can get right now.
Space age Ceres: 408
Unknown eras: 367 > 330 > 297....

How to calculate.
Amount of previous age *0.9= amount of next age.)
Early middle ages = 1980*0.9=High middle ages = 1782
1782*0.9=1604 And so on.
With this calculation it goes fast down in the beginning.
I think this is the best option, cause in the beginning you can get pretty quickly through the tech tree.

1980 in the beginning is 13.860 in one week, if the player comes to pick it up every day.
It seems to be a lot, but on my main world i can get more than 30.000 in one day.
So to give them a bit more, they can compete against the big players.

Let me know what you think about the Antiques Dealer proposal.
And if you do, i will tell your opinion to the man.

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

DeletedUser9822

Problem isn't the coins, its the gems. Also, the auction needs to be less like actual auction and more ebay.

Honestly, this should be a place to dump the stuff you don't want and pick up stuff you want or need. Instead it became a place to exchange stuff you dont want for coins you cant use because either everyone you want have gems you cant get associate with it or the auction is filled with people who wait until the last moment to drive prices up what to hight.

Fixing the auction can be simple as rather than random 50, only the people in your neighborhood. If you are the only one in your neighbor bidding you get it. If no one is, there is no auction. The 3 hours start from the moment someone from the neighborhood looks at the auction. This eliminates any of these games with randoms.

Also, giving another way to get gems. The high value items give gems. Terrace farms SOKs etc While I sold mine others wont. So most look once and be sad or just declare its garbage.

DeletedUser8859

Fixing the auction can be simple as rather than random 50, only the people in your neighborhood.

People in the neighborhood is maxed at 80, for my opinion too little number to limit the auction. Too easy to be the only one bidding at an item.
---

On the proposal...
  • When to get the coins? First time to open the Antiques Dealer?
  • Frequency? Is this a one time gift? Once a day to receive a bag?

DeletedUser7107

If you are patient you can buy what you want without having to bid on it. Perhaps the production of trade coins could be a bonus from a future GB? But this idea has merits though I see you are not taking into account the fact that even those of us in SAM, with a big inventory, are going to run out of things to sell. Maybe think about this a bit more and rework it.

Status
Not open for further replies.