• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected Suggestion: Allowing inventory search to use set names

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser9022

I would like to suggest that the search field of the inventory also displays buildings if their corresponding set name is entered. For example entering “Indian” or “Palace” would show the Maharaja's Palace, its towers as well as pond and playground. This would allow to check faster whether one has all parts of a set complete. Currently this is only possible, if all names of the set have something in common, e.g. “Piazza”.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

DeletedUser8859

Besides Set Name, which I positively agree to add as a search option, I would like to see if Building Type (Residential, Supply production, Military, Cultural, Decoration) could be added. For example, currently if "House" is entered at the Inventory Search:
  • items like Fisherman's House, Gambrel House, Roof Tile House, Apartment House will be displayed, but
  • items like High Rise, Motel, or Cottage will not be displayed.no matter that they are "Houses" too due to that "House" is not part of their building name.
Also, could the search can be narrowed in the case of Military to the unit type the barrack will train? Like if typing "Artillery" the game be able to show all military barracks that of that type, and not light, heavy, fast and short range barracks.

Same as Set Name, the key is if the Search function could look into other data fields besides "Building Name" or "Item Name"

Artubar

Baronet
+1001
...and I keep dreaming... ;)
<search term> searches in all fields mentioned above;
name:<search term> only in name,
type:<search term> in building type,
set:<search term> in set name
... I think you get the clue. If you think the age of console like commands has passed, make a dropdown containing all, name, type, set
(I loved to unlock RegEx search in TW's inventory search... ^^)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.