• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St Patrick's Day Event

HannahMecoe

Merchant
the pots of gold earned is going to fall well short , in my opinion its wasting diamond , and i cant see many people doing this quest on the mains , i will be advising the guild not to bother with it i think in the region of 700 pog for a lvl minimum for a lvl i cant see me getting a full lvl2 set from this quest daily pog needs to be increased
Stick around.... there's no way this Event will be released in this form on the main servers. It will be modified so don't dismiss it completely.

Feanor II

Baronet
Not a significant contribution, but this made me chuckle and wanted to share:
1580731629766.png

Question for Inno: what's the difference between 1000b and 1t?

kaymedic

Marquis
Stick around.... there's no way this Event will be released in this form on the main servers. It will be modified so don't dismiss it completely.

I do not think it will be modified that much. Maybe we will get a little bit more pot of golds or some tasks are going to be adjusted (looking at you shipyard manager lvl4 XD). But the main event mechanics are not that bad and I think they are very fair when you know what you have to do.

But the main event mechanics are not that bad
they are actually VERY bad in a sense you have to do a very STUPID, BORING, ANNOYING thing SEVERAL times to be ALLOWED to SPEND your gold pots. disturbing your normal PLAYSTYLE, RHYTHM, TEMPO. getting a TODDLER's game into a STRATEGY game. VERY CONSIDERATE.

apart from that i think it is too late to scratch this event for this year and we will just have to grind our way through it.
(those of us who want the celtic set that is.)

in terms of balance it is fair enough though.
but there's so many ways to do it wrong: it will be VERY FUN to watch.

i foresee a lot of complaints of people who do not bother to consult the forum or other people on how to play efficiently.
compared to that the double luck events (carneval ...) will look like paradise in hindsight.

looking forward to that *evilgrin*

Last edited:

Feanor II

Baronet
I do not think it will be modified that much. Maybe we will get a little bit more pot of golds or some tasks are going to be adjusted (looking at you shipyard manager lvl4 XD). But the main event mechanics are not that bad and I think they are very fair when you know what you have to do.
I think you're absolutely right; the overall structure is good and the mini-game is fun. They just need to make some adjustments. The "hire manager" tasks are definitely one example; IMO the opening chest progress at the end of each festival not carrying over is another.

DeletedUser9733

This is first event I probably won't finish. Neither main world, nor secondary ones :( Too time consuming, too imbalanced, too complicated. 3-5 hours non-stop clicking and then then 24-30 h of waiting. It's not for me, thanks.

OK, mechanics is new, but totally imbalanced.
I could not agree more. That said it all for me. I have been waiting to comment, but did not to put poor event, as you have spent a lot of time in producing this for us. I'm still on the first level with no rewards. I will keep playing coz I like FOE, but you can do a lot better.

Having done two run throughs of the mini game and read all the previous posts I have to agree that the time players would need to commit to get all 10 pieces is very off putting, with very little room for error compounding the problem.
The necessity of spending pots of golds on upgrading fairly useless managers to complete tasks removes the strategy element, and being able to succeed by using good strategy is why I love play FoE.

As a very simple fix how about halfing the cost of managers and their upgrades. Should require very little effort from your programmers to implement and would allow most players to be able to acquire a full set. As things are now I doubt that more than one in ten players on live will manage.

As things are now I doubt that more than one in ten players on live will manage.
let's be optimistic and make that one in five ... ;)
there are a lot of people out there who are at least able to ask & communicate the right strategy.

it is funny though:
the group who is most likely to like / love idol games, is probably strongly overlapping with the groups that will fail to find a good strategy for the "game".

perfect cash machines for inno :rolleyes:

aragon82

Merchant
we will see....
take a look how many posts and complains are here on beta until now, this will raise exponential for the live servers
no one is used to "skip task to get the main-price" - untl now login daily do all quests results in main-price on max level/full-set
no one is used to follow a strict time schedule for events - until now do your duties whenever it fits best for you

(forcing?!?) to buy event-currency because of unexpected behavior(chest screen!) will lead into some funny posts.... I am pretty shure

@Nyxx do some quests and come back later, thats part of the game within this event

Feanor II

Baronet
we will see....
take a look how many posts and complains are here on beta until now, this will raise exponential for the live servers
no one is used to "skip task to get the main-price" - untl now login daily do all quests results in main-price on max level/full-set
no one is used to follow a strict time schedule for events - until now do your duties whenever it fits best for you

(forcing?!?) to buy event-currency because of unexpected behavior(chest screen!) will lead into some funny posts.... I am pretty shure

@Nyxx do some quests and come back later, thats part of the game within this event
Except for a couple things:

1. If I recall correctly, you can't buy PoG from that screen even if you wanted to (I may be wrong on this, I will look closer next time I'm there)
2. People won't know that you have to buy all 6. I expect a lot of people will do what I did and only open the first 3, thinking "I'll just be real diligent about the mini-game, and completing as many festivals as possible will allow me to open low-value chests and they'll add up". Then you get to the next one and find out that chest progress doesn't carry over, which is usually right about the time you realize that they doubled the fillers in the prize cycle all the way through.

I'm afraid I can't honestly post what precisely I said at this point as it would get me banned from the Forum (possibly prosecuted-I hear speech laws are tight in Germany). Suffice it to say it was long, loud, multilingual, quite creative, involved some suggestions that I don't think are physically possible, and would make Frankie Boyle blush.

Amdira

Baronet
I still think with some balancing and at least adjusting the description to short, understandable sentences, it can be a funny thing. In my opinion the chests are nothing more than reindeers in disguise :) and the goal should be to get a full set with doing tasks without buying diamonds. As a non native English speaker I'm having trouble to work through all 700 postings and therefore try to figure out the best strategy for doing it on live servers.

DeletedUser9851

The main thing that I hate in this Event is that this is going to have FoE players spend additional time on this game (right now, we have to log in at least once a day to collect Forge Points from our city, then there is the Daily Challenge...then Guild Expedition...then GvG...then Cultural Settlement...then Guild Battlegrounds...and now this Event)...clearly Innogames is configuring the game in a way so that players are "forced" to spend more and more time on this game (aiming more and more at mobile players as well);)

...where Events such as the Forge Bowl is simple: you log in ONCE during the day, you complete a Daily Quest, then you collect the Rewards then rinse/repeat the next day. This new kind of Events will push away some long-time players I am afraid...

aragon82

Merchant
Except for a couple things:

1. If I recall correctly, you can't buy PoG from that screen even if you wanted to (I may be wrong on this, I will look closer next time I'm there)

I definitly bought PoG with diamonds from that screen, but (if I remember right) its not possible to buy diamonds without closing the chest-screen
so have 1.900 pots of gold ready, or enough diamonds to purchase missing ones. I missed this hint somewhere ;)

Feanor II

Baronet
clearly Innogames is configuring the game in a way so that players are "forced" to spend more and more time money on this game (aiming more and more at mobile players as well);)
FIFY ;)

In all seriousness though, they don't care about your time per se. They're hoping that the time issue (as well as things like the doubled fillers and chests not carrying over) will make you so frustrated that you try to "shortcut" the process with money/diamonds. It's not a bad strategy for Inno, though it backfires if people get so frustrated that they give up entirely.

zlobnyj bot

Squire
so, after thinking about the essence of what is happening.
offer 1: free start managers (this is a clicker, right?)) otherwise you doom a person in a new circle without gold on clicking non-stop for a couple of days or so.
proposal 2: remove tasks with raising the level of managers (is this a strategy or where?) or replace them with a choice - raising a manager or building a certain level, the logic will not suffer.
proposal 3: adjust the amount of gold in quests and daily prizes in order to balance the change in costs for managers in a smaller direction. (Just recalculating the costs of the circle of events should not be very difficult, IMHO).

Last edited by a moderator:

agramer66

Steward
Great concept!! Maybe a tiny bit complicated..o_O
Out of the mouth of a great thinker of 20th century Joey Tribbiani : "You've just been Bamboosled!!"

I am finding this game very tiresome. I have managed to spend more time and diamonds and received less in return than anything I every encountered in this game and I have been playing since 2013. It has all the marking of a diamond trap. I will not be playing this game at all when it appears on the regular servers.

Feanor II

Baronet
I am finding this game very tiresome. I have managed to spend more time and diamonds and received less in return than anything I every encountered in this game and I have been playing since 2013. It has all the marking of a diamond trap. I will not be playing this game at all when it appears on the regular servers.
It is most definitely a diamond trap.

I really enjoy the minigame aspect, but the "we're going to get you so frustrated that you break down and buy diamonds" bit is painfully obvious, and more than a little irritating. IMO it was a terrific idea, and the mini-game itself is well-done and enjoyable, but the forced spending of significant PoG is very clearly designed to get people to buy diamonds out of frustration.

6zeva9

Baronet
less than 1 1/2 days - in 2 1/2 days you can even get the 50aa task.

The only way to get that short a time per stage is to have the Hall and Shipyard at level 4 with 250 levels or more on each. and the Fireworks on at least 25 levels and the manager for it at Level 4. Meaning costs of more than 1,000 Pots of Gold,
Meaning you could only do it for such a short period for the first 5 stages before either slowing down the time for each stage or spending Diamonds for additional Pots of Gold as you will only get 250 Pots of Gold each day when you log in to complete the Daily Quest (with the exception of Day 10 when you get the extra Pots of Gold for completing Quest 45).